Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rabbit07 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I know it is old posting, bu thanks for posting it. I have a question, sinc eit is not clear: Are we suppose to put the whistle when we close the cooker?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by: rubinarj

sure dear ...here is yr recipe for rasagulla

Ingredients:

Whole Milk - 1 litre (Four 250ml cups) Lemon Juice - 3 to 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour - 2 tsp Sugar - 1 1/2 cups* Cardamom - 3 to 4, peeled and powdered Water - 3 cups Method:

Boil whole milk in a big pot on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the milk starts to boil, add 3tbsp of lemon juice and stir. Add more if needed.
After the milk starts to curdle.Turn off the stove and pour them into a cheese cloth. Wash four or five times in cold water to rinse out all the lemon juice from curdled milk.
Tie a knot and hang them over a kitchen sink to drain out the whey. This should take about 1 to 2 hours. The cheese should be dry.
Add cheese and 2 tsp of flour to a food processor. Proccess them for 30 to 40 seconds.
Pour 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Add sugar and bring them to a boil on medium heat.
Meanwhile knead the cheese mixture again for 40 seconds using hands. Divide them to 15 equal sized portions and roll them to spheres.
When the sugar comes to a boil gently drop the cheese balls to the sugar syrup**. Close the cooker.
After the pressure cooker starts to hiss loud and clear, wait for 5 minutes and turn off the stove.
Open the cooker after 10 minutes and add the cardamom powder to the syrup and stir gently. Let them cool before transferring them to a container and refrigerate.
Serve cold.

pooja1_76 thumbnail
Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to find this recipe since i last time visited India.

it is called Stuffed Tomato with Gravy.
I loved that so much. since last 2 years i can not find a receipe for that.

Can any one have this recipe how to make stuff tomato with Gravy please provide me.

Thanks,
pooja

SINGA12 thumbnail
Hi,
I am looking for a karela recipe that was recently shown in one of the khana kazana episodes. could someone direct me.

Thanks,
Sing
HobbitButt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SINGA12

Hi,
I am looking for a karela recipe that was recently shown in one of the khana kazana episodes. could someone direct me.

Thanks,
Sing

Not sure, bout you can check the written or video updates in the stickies.
coolbird thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hi,

I am looking for the dessert shown with Irish cream liquer on 27th June, 2008, Would appreciate if someone can post the recipe for me.

thanks in advance.
Sana. thumbnail
hey can u plzz tell me some eazy recipes for parathzz
any paratha......if u can then that will b great
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hey guys, does anyone know which date the hyderabadi biryani recipe was telecasted?😊
SINGA12 thumbnail
Hi,

I am looking for some eggless cakes, cookies and other baked recipes.

Or, if anyone knows a good egg substitue, please give me the recipe.

Thanks
Singa
vgajria thumbnail

Please can I get the recipe for the gree papads.  ("Lilva Papad").  I know that these papads are a part ot Jain cuisine.  They are made with the green dal.

fammma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi guys
I am new to this forum, but think its absolutely great.
I would like to request two things
1st. Eggless cake recipes that  I can make for my Grandma who is in india, so with the type of ingredients readily available there.
and
2nd, any nice desert recipes, like they can b with egg (since it is for me!! lol) and not too difficult to prepare..creamy/milky anything...
i seem to hav run out of dessert ideas.
Thanx in Advance