-DOTW: Comment & Criticism & Insults...

WildestDreams thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hey Folks,

How is all of you?

Hope all izz well...Myself Parm brings to you *took  Dev Team permission*

the 

Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world. (Buddha)

Did you ever write an article, upload a video on Youtube, make a signature by putting all of yourself and your passion and you get as an answer: insults and criticism? Unfortunately it is something that happens but how did you react?

The first thing that probably happens to you when you read a comment unkind is to want to respond immediately and giving vent to the frustration that caused that comment. But I believe it's wrong. You do not need to react impulsively, first think and then act.

You need to be able to distinguish the type of comment that you face.
Usually you can find two types of criticism:

1) Constructive criticism: often benefit your work. Accept constructive criticism is a sign of maturity.

2) Insults: they are difficult to manage; you must report them with the button report.

The first type is identified because, instead of a complaint, there are suggestions and options that offer an alternative to your point of view.
If you think the criticism is valid, agrees with the solutions that member propose. This will help you improve your work, your articles or otherwise. Giving importance to the opinions of a member, discuss and find a solution together is a way to show your readers that you really keep them, especially to their opinions.
And don't forget to thank: If the criticism is constructive, praise the one who moved it. You'll find a great commenter.

And about the second category of criticism: This is part of the game: more people are, it's more likely that someone will envy you with any particular logical reason.

Resigned: there are people who find it rewarding to create havoc; they feel almost like a need. What is incredible is that this requirement is satisfied going after people who they do not know, hiding behind the computer monitor. Behind the screens, they are confident of being able to act as they see it.

You do not need to respond to provocation with other insults, this is just what want those who insult you.

Give a smart answer: you may respond in a funny way and deflate the debate immediately. Make him/her realize that the insults do not make you neither hot nor cold.

So in shorts:

- Be able to distinguish between criticism and insult

- Be ready to admit your faults

-Try to keep yourself Cool Cool Thanda Thanda🀣

Question:

1- How do you behave when you read unkind comment?

2- What is meaning of Comment&Criticism for you?

3-Have you experienced an impolite situation? If yes, what did you do?

4- When the criticism improve and when damage?

πŸ˜ƒHave FunπŸ˜ƒ

Take CareπŸ˜‰

Regards

Parm

from the behalf of

A/S Section Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Cool.. Why in Youtube ? In IF itself, in few reality show forum, people cross the line of Criticism and tend to insult / humor the celebrity for no apparent reason..

Anyways.. Answer to ur questions..

1. Constructive criticism always comes with a suggestion like you mentioned.. So unkind comments can be taken in a positive way if it's CC.. But for me, people who try to insult others to no end, and then call themselves Constructive Critic, must be shown their position at least once.. I have faced a bunch of this category members in Bigg Boss Season 4 forum πŸ˜ƒ.. And after a point, you have to tell them what kind of hypocrite and bunch of losers they are πŸ˜ƒ Gandhigiri doesnt work always ! πŸ˜ƒ

2. Comment - Normal discussion .. Agreeing or disagreeing and putting ur pov .. Pointin out flaws or praising .. Criticism - A small difference, the same comment comes with a suggestion if you find a flaw.. πŸ˜ƒ

3. Oh OMG I have faced a LOT 🀣 Well in real life, I tend to leave the place / let the other person speak the krap until they are done πŸ˜†.. And then I shrug it off my shoulder 🀣 In virtual world, if it's OTT, I fight by replying in a funny manner πŸ˜ƒ M sure my Mod friends wont be very happy with that 🀣

4. Well Criticism always comes with a suggestion.. Hence it helps in improvement.. And comments which dont come with suggestion and which are only bashful, of course can never help in improvement.. And that always does damage πŸ˜†

Thanks ! Nice topic ! <3
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Question:

Nothing.  does it even matter how do i behave when i read a comment which seems unkind? πŸ˜†IF has changed alot in the duration of 6-7 years. i think most of us seems to be used to unkind comments by now which people keep showering on us. πŸ˜†

Ii'll answer this question after a while. Kinda busy now!

LOL.. This has to be bestest question of them all. Not once, not twice but like everyday. I'd been gone through so much in the past with people bashing all around .. sometimes, it use to annoy me but then i got to see real faces of them people whom i liked once. So it's fine, kabhi kabhi you need to have one phatka to stand on your feet hhaha.. πŸ˜†  What did i do? hmm.. kuch nahi, but  the people who back stabbed me, i'll not leave them very soon.. what goes around comes around.' i believe in this quote hahha.  dkehte hain.

Humans don't like crticismπŸ˜† hai na? after all, its human nature. But crticism always helps you in getting better. You get to know the flaws in you and in your thinking.. hence, you'll try to think from others perspective.

WildestDreams thumbnail
@Sano: 🀣🀣Like the phrase in your dabba🀣

@prerna4rishav: thanks for liking the topic :)

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Question:

It depends where it is..to be honest I'll be more willing to go all out on YT rather than IF because I know in IF there will be immediate repercussions to my actions rather in YT, I doubt google's owner will come out and scold me for bashing another.  But for the most part at the beginning when I joined IF, I use to fight withe everyone who would instigate, now seems like tables have turned and I like to sit back and laugh at the fights and perhaps put in my "2 cents" along the wayπŸ˜‰

Comment - reaction

Criticism - looking at another (or your own) work in a manner for ways for improvement

yes i did experience an impolite situation, I normally reply back to the person on a later day with an apathetic tone.  It really doesn't help to show that they've gotten the best/worst of you...let them know that they don't matter to you and they are very small for doing what they did... best revenge ever. the end.

Criticism is like medicine..it is necessary but also overdosing can cause harm

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

It doesn't bother me...I move on and try and do the best I can.

Suggestions are something I can fit it because there are many TV actors/Bollywood that I havent done yet and I should really try and make different variety...criticism has happened but it's made me improve a lot better ;)

I have to do a avi request and I keep getting PMs lol reminding me...I keep saying I will do it but phir bhi she keeps saying yaar please avi bana de na...I love getting requests but I just wish members would have patience lol.

It helps you knowing what you can improve on...you can't be praised all the time now...it's best to have a bit of both worlds ;)

hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting topic and thanks for the link Meli 😊

Question:

At first i would get annoyed, then i would laugh. Laugh is because i try to see

the other side of the comments which normally seem hilarious πŸ˜† cause there cannot be unkind comment πŸ˜‰ its called Criticism for meπŸ˜ƒ But 70% i do get

angry as we do something with so much effort but other just come and give unkind comment

not seeing the effort we had put in.

For me comment means some sort of explanation or opinion where we are trying to express

our thoughts or attitude or trying to explain our observation on something, while

Criticism is evaluating or interpreting others work and being not satisfied with it.

Of course..  no chance of escaping such situations πŸ˜† everyone faces it. In real life
i stay and fight up and argue if i think i am correct but if i feel the other person is right,
i would still stay and hear them out though i wud be gritting my teeth at that time πŸ˜†
In virtual. ... since i got to know IF world, i back out. I immediately leave the place
which annoys the other person more and sometimes i do regret for just leaving
not wanting to stand up. πŸ˜•

Umm will be back to edit for this 😊