Rakshanda Khan - Article

**esha** thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Producers should have given more time to Ammaji, opines Rakshanda Khan

Rakshanda Khan

Rakshanda Khan looks like someone? Who exactly? Think…think…Bingo! Now we know…she looks like the celestial maiden or apsara from heaven, Maneka. Yes, she is superbly beautiful and has a smile which can turn her fans into fanatics. She is currently a part of Life OK's Mahadev and is enjoying her stint in the show.

"I like my character Madinika. The Utsav look is quite interesting. Normally, I always have an input on costume and design but here I leave it to the creatives. I wonder how people managed to carry such heavy jewellery in the earlier times. They must have taken hours to get ready. Furthermore, I know Mouni (other co star) pretty well. So the ambience is quite comfortable on the sets. But yes, travelling to Vasai (shooting location) from Lokhandwala is quite a pain at times," shares Rakshanda.

Furthermore, she was seen in SAB TV's Ammaji Ki Galli (produced by Contiloe Telefilms) which went off air after entertaining the masses for a short span of time.

"Ammaji should have been given more time. Three months was too early to take a call. In the soap, the producer took the challenge to cast me as a housewife from Amritsar, though I have a western image in the media. I enjoyed being a part of it though Farida Jalal was the main lead in the show," she goes on to say.

Okay…we get the point. Now, the trend is back in Indian television wherein senior actors are getting back to business, like Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar in Bade Achhe, Shweta Tiwari in Parvarrish, Mona Singh in Kyaa Hua Tera Vadaa, Sameer Soni in Parichay, amongst others. This is what she has to say about the development:

"I am happy that now senior actors are getting work post Bade Achhe. First, the argument against us was that we charged too much but in effect we were asking what is our due. Not everyone, but only a handful were charging obscene amounts. Furthermore, I am very happy for Mona as she is back big time in the world of fiction. Even Sakshi had to wait to get a big role. I am sure that Smriti will also have to bid her time to get a great character. When it comes to me, I did a cameo in Phulwa as a lawyer but no one really noticed it. In the future, I want to do comedy shows."

Well Rakshanda, hope you get whatever you want in life. Have a great year ahead!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

patakha-guddi thumbnail
thnx for sharing this article
asmuasmi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2