27 Jan- Uddhav tries to stop Sudama

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Sudama after saying good bye, proceeds forward, while Krishna is staring at his back, unable to do / say anything. A sad Krishna returns to his palace, remember  moments spent together. 
Sudama trudges through wilderness.

Krishna sees his own murti, sculpted and worshipped by Sudama and becomes sad. He then remembers their last day in gurukul, when they embraced before parting ways. 

Just then, Uddhava comes and falls at his feet, seeking his forgiveness. He repents that he is the cause of Krishna's  unhappiness.Uddhava reveals that his harsh words were the cause of Sudama's departure. Uddhava says he felt  he could never carve a place in Krishna's heart, despite being his brother, and probably this was why he envied Sudama. Uddhav bows his head at Krishna's feet and once again seeks his pardon

Krishna raises Uddhava and asks him not be apologetic. Sudama was always very emotional by nature. That's why he was so truthful and hence dear to him (Krishna).

Uddhava confesses that he had sinned by hurting Sudama and now it was his responsibility to bring him back. Krishna warns him that Sudama was very stubborn and he would never return. 

Krishna mentally asks Sudama how could he leave his friend and go away.

JV comes in enquires about Sudama. Krishna informs her that SUdama has left since he felt their should be no ego involved in bhakti (didn't quite get this part) 

Sudama, walking wearily thru some forest. Uddhava is waiting for him in a charriot. Uddhva seeks his forgivness and repents that he by hurting Sudama's feelings, he has committed a sin. He requests Sudama to return.

Sudama replies that Uddhava's words were an eyeopener to him. Uddhava persists that he could not see Dwarkadheesh  in pain- a pain which was caused due to him. Uddhava continues to request while Sudama continues to poiltely decline.

Sudama frees hi9s hands from Uddhava's grasp and continues on his way.

Uddhava comes and reports his failure and seks forgiveness from Krishna
Edited by varaali - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vedantka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Dear Varaali,

Thank you for a nice update.😊

I'm a bit confused with this Sudama's story.
As far as I understood, up to now Sudama was the one who totally selflessly adored Krishna as his  friend but now by refusing to return with Uddhav and not paying attention to Uddhav's words  (that Krishna suffers so much from Sudama's departure) but choosing his own dharm or whatever idea he has(about what is "correct" for him to do), he is putting himself and his own emotions above Krishn.
The moment he got to know from Uddhav how much Krishn is in pain, he should drop all the thinking( which is actually his ego) and run back to Him as making Krishna happy should be his priority.

But now?😕
What does he want to prove and to whom??? Or rather what SP want him to prove?...
I wonder how the story will end up...
Maybe he will realize under that tree that Krishna will not eat without him in this situation and he will return back to Dwarka or, or , or...?

I only hope they will not extend the story for another month or so, even if I truly like Sudama's part.
But for me this part feels a bit artificial ...
...because how come that Sudama who for sooo long had followed only his heart full of pure love for Krishna  suddenly falls into intellectual trap of angry unjust Uddhava's words and even after Uddhav admitted his wrongdoing, Sudama sticks to his intellectual conclusions...😕

Edited by vedantka - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Just hope that next week, they don't show Sudama shifting back to his hut.  Sagar Pictures being such morons, I wouldn't put it past them.  But if we've seen the last of Sudama, I'd be glad that they're not dragging him into more character distortions, although I'd miss him in ways that he can be shown that wouldn't be ahistorical, even if they're fictional.

So wonder which track would be next?  Right now, Krishna looks pretty monogamous w/ just Jambavati @ his side.  Are we ever likely to see sons of Krishna?  This thing now resembles some of the episodic serials, like MSDK, in that you have just detached stories.  In which case, why not go back to the Pandavas, and then have several stories of Krishna & Arjun?  Like the one w/ Hanuman, the one w/ the Khandavprastha burning, and so on?
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Completely agree with Vedantka and Vrish. Let's see how the track continues this wk or whether they start a new one...

I QUITE liked the way Uddava 'realised his guilt', his interaction with Krishna, Sudama and his returning to Krishna, at the end of Friday's ep.  Nice acting! ⭐️ ⭐️ 

Won't comment about Sudama's character, as we have already discussed SO MUCH about his 'characterisation' 😔 in DBSK. 

I feel, JV is so Sweet, Quiet and Understanding! ⭐️  She is almost like the way we 'wanted' to see Devi Rukmini or the 'image' of Devi Rukmini we have in our mind ⭐️ , really Love to see her in DBSK. 😍