Chandana's dog dreams[Tara]

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Chandana's dog dreams

Chandana Sharma
You see her in a glamorous avatar in Star One's Yeh Dil Chahe More, but in real life, Chandana Sharma is a different person. Chandana is an avid dog lover and dreams of starting an animal welfare shelter soon.

"I really want this shelter to happen, and am looking for like-minded people to come together and start this project.

It's financially and logistically difficult to find the space to start an animal clinic, but I hope that in coming days, I will see my dream materialise."

Early training

Presently, the actress has two stray cats and a dog at her residence. "My house resembles a zoo. I like picking up stray dogs from the road, treating their injuries and then taking them back to their original place."

Recalling her childhood, the actress says, "My mom's house in Kolkata would have 21 dogs. It was a huge place, and she had many different breeds. My love for these animals started at a very early age."

Chandana wants to dispel notions surrounding stray dogs. "Everyone is afraid of the dogs roaming on the roads, but not many know that even a pet dog can develop rabies, if not properly vaccinated. The attitude of people towards helpless animals puts me off."

Doctor didi

Chandana carries two kilos of biscuits wherever she travels. "I got 450 dogs sterilised in the Juhu area. I also visit a slum close to my house. when I get the time to treat the dogs.

They call me doctor didi, and I believe that if you go on the road and work with these animals, you can make a difference. We have to remember that humans are encroaching on animals' territory, and they have nowhere to go."

Sharma cites a study conducted on children who hurt stray dogs. "It is said that kids who throw stones at, or behave violently toward helpless animals, end up being violent as adults and indulge in crimes. I don't let anyone harm dogs on my sets."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

freebee thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
nice info...thnx..chandana is really sweet 😊

plz get anythin u find bout amit too... 😃