20 Jan '12 - Uddhav's Gyan Vs Gopis' Prem

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Uddhava's thoughts

This was crazy. The letter so carefully worded by Shri Krishna Himself, explaining the subtle difference between His sagun and nirgun roop in now in shreds. Torn to pieces by these ignorant village girls...Look at them -each one is hugging the shred in her hand as if she is hugging Krishna Himself. Don't they know that God is Omni Present Omni potent?  How can they see God in shreds of paper? 

Look at them - still clutching the pieces, shedding tears. This is too much...Krishna's whole message is lost. They are now asking whose names has Krishna written? SIlly girls...Don't they know that Krishna, Narayan Himself is above these petty feelings? Someone has to show them...Lucky I am here...I raise my voice and go about collecting each piece of the letter from the girls. They are reluctant, but I do not relent and forcibly take each piece from them. 

Oh they are still crying...They claim they are able to see and feel Kanha in the letter. That's impossible... Or is it possible? Their tears seem so genuine...their  sorrow so heart wrenching...
They surround me and seat me beneath a tree and themselves sit down on the grass, tears still streaming down thier face. Was this how they used to surround Krishna, bathing his feet with their tears? Is it possible to love a person so much that the very thought of him brings tears in the eyes? What kind of worship is this? 

No, what the Gopis are experiencing is mere delusion...Delusion caused by attachment...what 
they term as love is nothing but bondage...and the only way to come out of this is to realize the Supreme truth. 

The gopis are looking at me expectantly, waiting for me to read out the letter. Some how,  I am not so enthusiastic now.I do not know why... but I feel if I reveal the contents, their hearts will break. But I am there to guide them through... to impart them the Supreme Knowledge which will help them cut the bonds of attachment which have bound them.

I take a deep breath and announce that their 'Kanha' will never return to them. I also add that it would be better if they forget the physical form of their beloved 'Kanha' and instead realize the Supreme Being that is Krishna. I urge them (and Sudama)  to remember that the physical form, i.e the body is perishable and one should not be too attached to the physical form. I expound the wisdom imparted by the great sages...

... but the gopis are in a world of their own... A world in which only they  and their Kanha  seem to exist...My words of wisdom seem to have no effect on them. They don't even seem to need it. 

They claim that for them their love for Krishna is supreme. That is what adds colour to their lives. Even if they are waiting expectantly they are still thinking of their Kanha.

My intellect refuses to buy their arguement, But why is my heart also stirring ? Is there truly something in their love  which refuses to bow down to intellect? bhakti yoga a shade better than gyan yoga?

Seeing me still unconvinced, they take me to the Banks of Yamuna. There , standing  alone, lost in her thoughts was Radha. The gopis announced that I had arrived from Dwarka, bearing a message from Krishna...The word 'Krishna' worked its magic and she came running towards me.

For the first time, I, Uddhava, the disciple of Brihaspati himself, is having second thoughts on the power of Knowledge and intellect. Can Love be truly greater?...

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
loved the episode
more becaz i just go crazy when it comes to VRINDAVAN,GOKUL ,GOPIES and Devi Radha ...
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I found parts of the episode patently ridiculous - particularly Krishna asking his bhabi whether she misses her hubby.  Why would she, particularly when she can see him on live TV? πŸ˜†  And then Krishna trying to make her jealous of the gopis, who'll have his 'company' while she won't. 😈

Honestly, Udhav's POV makes perfect sense to me.  If Krishna should have taught anyone any lessons, it should have been the gopis. 😈
vedantka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sita11

loved the episode
more becaz i just go crazy when it comes to VRINDAVAN,GOKUL ,GOPIES and Devi Radha ...

Yes, this is most beautiful story as it shows so clearly supremacy of bhakti and Prem over any dry gyani achievement.

Radhey Radhey!
vedantka thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

Uddhava's thoughts

This was crazy...
...For the first time, I, Uddhava, the disciple of Brihaspati himself, is having second thoughts on the power of Knowledge and intellect. Can Love be truly greater?...

Of course! Of course! Prem is the Supreme as there is nothing in the whole Universe beyond prem that is essence of ahladini shakti, the most Supreme power of Krishn which personification is Radha Herself.

⭐️Dear Varaali,⭐️

thank you for once again amazing update, sooo helpful for my understanding of the dialogs.
😊Bahut bahut dhanyaavad 😊
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Vedantak,

I am glad you  were able to follow the dialogues, since I deviated from the usual method of writing updates. Instead of merely transcribing the scenes,  I thought if I wrote the whole thing from Uddhav's POV, it will convey the essence better.
vedantka thumbnail
[QUOTE=varaali]Vedantak,

I am glad you  were able to follow the dialogues, since I deviated from the usual method of writing updates. Instead of merely transcribing the scenes,  I thought if I wrote the whole thing from Uddhav's POV, it will convey the essence better.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've understood that it was your own nice idea of writing the whole episode from Uddhav's perspective. I liked it a lot.

Thanks again⭐️
coolpratz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

thanks for the update...😊
the write up is wonderful..πŸ‘πŸΌ
was a gud episode..luved the Prem gyan given by Gopis to Uddhav ji...

vedantka thumbnail
Dear  Varaali,

When the gopis sing and dance around Uddhav they sing "sari dunya lage viranee.." plus one more word that I could not hear properly.

Would you be so kind and translate this line for me?

Thanks!😊😊

Gosia/Vedantka
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good episode! ⭐️ ⭐️   I hope SP continue their good work also in the future ep.s of DBSK  πŸ˜Š.  

Lol, They are making us wait for Monday's ep to introduce Radha, properly πŸ˜ƒ...

@ Varaali, very Creative Update Dear!! πŸ‘

Just giving the link of the same sequences from RS SK, for interested members 😊 :

0188 KRISHNA STORY -- ODDHAVJI REACHES MATHURA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KeRrrl9Sc&feature=related

0189 KRISHNA STORY -- GOPIKAS BECOME SENTIMENTAL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaBlg0kqMAw&feature=related

0190 KRISHNA STORY -- LOVE IS GOD AND GOD IS LOVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQJ8KZVbJM&feature=related

Here is the song by the Gopis  from SK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srz82LGs7Xg&feature=related

And here is the lyrics along with its Eng Translation by Lola (the 3rd post of the page):

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1066759&TPN=122