dolly1000 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Goodbye Chameli, after long, Kareena is back to being her ol' glam self …
"There's a time and place for everything. First I had a glam image, and everyone kept harping on that all the time. Then with films like 'Kyon Ki..' the deglam bit was over done. Now I'm glad to be back with my glam image after long, so I guess people are over-reacting. I'm enjoying the change myself. "

Everyone's raving about your '36 China Town' chartbuster; you're being likened to an 'international pop-star' too?
"When I was shooting this song I didn't know it would become such a roaring hit. Believe it or not, I get at least one message a day raving about the number. We shot it in one day, and the response has been tremendous."

Expectations are very high of the Kareena-Shahid onscreen pairing ...
"I know this always happens to off-screen pairs. But let me clarify that '36 China Town' is not a love-story; it's a whodunit kind of thriller. So people shouldn't go in there expecting to see our on-screen romance. There's a lot more to look for in that film. Besides, in 'Fida' I was seen romancing Fardeen more than Shahid, so I actually haven't done an all-out romantic film with Shahid. Our screen chemistry is yet to be seen."

You've been romancing Shahid so much on-screen, does that leave any time and space for anything off-screen…
"Don't worry, after '36 China Town', we aren't doing any films together (for some time, atleast). Now Shahid will be busy with Amrita Rao and Ayesha Takia. Ha, Ha!"

Everyone thinks Shahid and Amrita Rao make a lovely pair, you think…
"I totally agree. There's something very likable about Amrita and Shahid as both of them have sweet faces. They do look lovable together. In the new faces that have come in the last three years, I think Amrita is the most promising amongst them all."

Saif Ali Khan is known to be a real charmer. Has he left you smitten too?
"In 'Omkara' I have more scenes with Ajay Devgan since I play 'Desdemona'. Again, I've known Saif since the time he did 'Hum Saath Saath Hai' with Karisma. Yes, he is a charming and cool guy and the kind if films he does enhance his personality. I loved him in 'Salaam Namaste'; no one could carry off that role better."

Your patch-up with Karan Johar is official now. We hear you're doing his next production (directed by Soham)?
"I can't talk about the film now, as nothing is confirmed, but what is important is that Karan and I are friends - it's something I've been reiterating over time. Karan is like a brother to me, I'm there for him always. I don't want anything to come between Karan and me. I am extremely very cautious about our friendship now, and that's because I love him too much."

You won Zoom's Most Glamorous Filmstar Award. It feels…
"Great! I don't make a conscious effort to look glamorous. Of course, in my films I like to look my glamorous best. Every woman loves to look glamorous in her own way; glamour means something else to every woman. You are young only once, so I like to look good and feel good about it. I take special interest in my hairdo, costumes and overall look for every film."

A dream role would be…
"I don't have any dream role, but it'll be a dream-come-true to work with Karisma, and share the same frame with her. I'm sure it will happen one day."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 18 years ago
yayyyyy she rocks !!
thanxx 😃