19 Jan '12- Uddhava reaches Vrindavan

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Udddhava accuses Krishna of Deluding the Gopis. He says that Krishna gets satisfaction when he sees the Gopis suffering and shedding tears (caused by their separation from Krishna). Uddhava says this is nothing but torture for the Gopis. Sudama enters the room and counters Uddahava, saying what seems torture to Uddhva is nothing but 'true love' for the the gopis. Sudama says that if Uddhava still feels that, because of their love for Krishna, the Gopis are suffering, why doesn't he(Uddhava) himself advise Krishna what to do.

Uddhava, ever ready to dispense advice, says that the Gopis have fallen in love with the physical / human form of Krishna. Shri Krishna should , by giving them Brahma Gyan, unshackle  them from the emotions which have bound them. He should give them darshan of his Divine Form, so that the gopis realize that Krishna is no ordinary mortal but God Himself. Krishna should illumine theirbakti laden lives with the Light of knowledge and thus lead them to liberation.

Uddhava fold his hands in front of Krishna and asks whether whatever he said was correct or not? Krishna merely smiles at him while Sudama continues to glare at him.

A nice Back ground music : All that Uddhava has is Knowledge
                                                  Knowledge that is empty and bereft of gain
                                                  And on the basis of this knowledge,
                                                  Uddhava has become proud and Vain

God's leela cannot be understood
                                                   My a mind that has not matured   
                                                   Uddhav has become proud and haughty
                                                   With knowledge that  is quite empty

Krishna turns to Uddhava and says he is absolutely right.    But the problem is the Gopis do not want to accept reality (that Krishna is Narayan himself). They are so much in love with his human form that they do not want to see anything else.

Sudama says that Prem is bhakti and Bhakti is Ishwar and Ishwar is Prem . Uddhava counters saying that Prem does not run the world. To survive in this world you need the light of Knowledge.Only when a person sacrifices the attachments caused by love and emotions, does he obtain Brahma Gyan and it is Brahma Gyan that leads to Moksh.

Krishna says that    such words of wisdom can come from none other than a gyani like him. But the Gopis of Brij are bent on proving this axiom false. For them the Bhakt is a part of Bhagwaan himself, so thee is no separate need for moksh. Uddhava exclaims that this is stupidity. Sudama says reverentially that for the Gopis 'Krishna Prem'  is invaluable and they will not give it up at any cost.

Uddhav interjects saying that this 'prem' has cused them only misery. Sudama says that maybe for the gopis even the misery caused by prem is welcome, but Krishna holds up his hand and prevents Sudma from continuing. Uddhava continues saying that only Krishna can relieve them of this misery.

Krishna agrees with Uddhava and says that he himself has become scared of the Gopis' intense love for him. Now Sudama is not such a  gyani that he can educate the Gopis. This job can be done only by someone as learned as Uddhava himself.  But this job is as good as a challenge. Uddhava says he accepts the challenge.

I will myself acquaint the Gopis with your Divine FormUddhava then expresses a doubt, why will the gopis  accept the words of a stranger? Krishna says he will write a letter to the gopis clarifying that uddhava was indeed Krishna's mesenger. Krishna sits down and writes a letter.

The moment Krishna begins writing the letter, each gopi in Vrindavan gets the feeling that Krishna was addressing them . They leave their chores and assemble somewhere. Krishna appears to them, silhouetted against the sky, playing his flute.

Krishna continues with his letter. He asks them to forget him since the physical form they are in love with is just an illusion.They will get nothing but pain and suffering from this 'prem'. He is therefore sending his learned friend Uddhava who will expalin Krishna's divine roop to them, so that they may be freed from their attachment towards him and thereby attain moksh. 

Krishna hands over the letter to Uddhava. Uddhva looks towards Sudama and asks him also to accompany him. Krishna also urges Sudama to accompany Uddhava. After all, to be in the company of a learned man like Uddhava is a matter of good fortune. And who knows, Mabe sudama will learn that Prem stands no where before gyan

Both of them Take Krishna's leave and proceed towards Vrindavan. Krishna then suddenly realizes that he had not sent a message for Yashoda Maiya and Nand baba. He tries calling out to Uddhava, but the charriot vanishes from his sight. Mrs Uddhava consoles krishna by saying that yashoda Maiya and Nand Baba would have by now realized that Krishna is Narayan avatar himself, so they would be worshipping him, instead of being trapped in an emotional bondage.
Krishna say whatever it is, he cannot forget his yashodha Maiya and Nand baba.

Uddhava and Sudama reach vrindavan Sudma gets down from the charriot and bows down to the sacred place where krishna spent his childhood. Uddhava questions when God is Omni present, how can one particular place be more sacred than rest?

Sudama touches the soil and gets emotional. On hearing the charriot wheels, the gopis come running and stand in front of the charriot .Uddahav asks them to step aside. Sudama informs them that these are the same gopis whom Uddhava wished to meet. The Gopis see krishn's letter tucked in his waist band and see krishna's image in it. They are very happy.

One of the gopis rushes towards uddhava and says that she knows that he has come bearing their Kanha's mesage. Uddhava looks surprised. All the gopis clamber on the chariot nad try to wrest the scroll from Uddhava's hand. Sudama, mighty happy chants jai shri Krishna.One of the Gopis manages to snatch the letter and runs away from there. All the gopis crowd around her. 

They exclaim that though they may not be able to read what is written, it is enough for them that their kanha has sent them a message. Uddhava tris to make himself  heard in the din. The gopis get emotional on seeing the letter and each one wants to touch the letter. One of the gopis' tears fall on the letter and Uddhava gets annoyed. he tries to snatch the letter back, but in the process, the letter is torn in pieces. Each gopi hugs each piece to her heart as if it is everything for her. Uddhava looks at the piece remaining in his hand with annoyance. 

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Vedantak,

I knoww you will relish this episode, so I have tried to translate each and every word. Hope you enjoy.
vedantka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Dear Varaali-ji,

Yes, yes, I was truly enjoying the episode and thanks to you it seemed as if I could speak Hindi!!!!
Bahut dhanyavaad⭐️⭐️⭐️
⭐️

Your update is very very detailed and I like it a lot.
Thank you for your effort and your time.
I😊 appreciate it very much !😊

Kalyan ho,

Radhey Radhey!

Gosia aka vedantka
Edited by vedantka - 12 years ago
vedantka thumbnail
Dear Varaali-ji.

My impression is that at the end Uddhava looks more shocked/deeply surprised rather than annoyed .
He looks kind of bewildered 😕by gopis' behavior and trying to make some sense out of it.

😊

😊
Gosia
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good episode! ⭐️ ⭐️  So far, SP is doing fine in the story 👍🏼, lets see how they show the coming episodes...

Uddhava is so Serious to help the Gopis (acc. to his POV), I really appreciate his intention (i.e.- his 'concern' for the Gopis)! ⭐️

@ Varaali, Wonderful Update!  👏  So detailed!!! I LOVED the translation of the song ⭐️, that too in rhyming lines! ⭐️  How did you do it? 👍🏼

@ Vedantka, (WRT your post in yesterday's WU Thread)- Yes, both are true! Krishna remembered them and they appeared 😍

For interested members 😊, the same sequence has also been covered by RS SK, here are the links:

Link of the 1st ep, where Krishna remembers the Gopis and Radha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq0wfkhSPJw&feature=related

Of  Yesterdays's ep, where Uddava reaches Vrindavan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-vMmO6H3HM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KeRrrl9Sc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaBlg0kqMAw&feature=related

You can follow the next ep.s from the 'Related Videos' section.
coolpratz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Had missed last three epis... so really liked ystrdy's epi...⭐️

so gud to see Gopis n their luv for Krishna... 
vedantka thumbnail

Dear Debipriya,

Qoute
@ Vedantka, (WRT your post in yesterday's WU Thread)- Yes, both are true! Krishna remembered them and they appeared 😍 unquote

Yes, I agree, that nicely shows one of unlimited mystical powers of Krishn.

Jai Shree Krishn !