Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Guli* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 18 years ago

Bikini Bahus

On screen they epitomise coyness, modesty and all the virtues associated with the traditional Indian housewife. Off screen, they step into bolder territory...

Dimple Inamdar

Surely, Dimple Inamdar isn't getting into character for her forthcoming serial Kehkashan (in which she plays a conservative girl) dressed the way she is. Dimple, almost a mainstay of the TV industry, is usually seen dressed traditionally, in saris and salwar kameezes on her shows – Dekho Magar Pyar Se, Tumhari Disha, Ek Ladki Anjani Si, and Kumkum. She has also played miniscule roles in films likes Sarfarosh and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam – roles that had a less liberal dress code. But she's more than making up for it, obviously.

PS: I did not paste the picture. It's here http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;am p;sectname=Television&sess=1073359299

*Guli* thumbnail
Actress Chavi Mittal can't stop singing her husband, Mohit Hussain's praises. And why not? So besotted is this upcoming director with his wife, that he actually wakes up early every morning to prepare and pack breakfast for the actress. What's more, if she is held up at a shooting and the couple has to attend a do later, Mohit even carries a change of outfit along with matching shoes and jewellery for his wife. The couple who've been married for 10 months now almost didn't make it to the altar because Chavi's parents were apprehensive about her marrying a Muslim. But love and Mohit's persistence prevailed and the couple are together and happy now.

Rohit Roy denies affair with Tisca Chopra
Either couples admit to seeing each other or they issue firm denials but this is probably one instance where the lady has admitted to a past relationship but the man feigns ignorance. We're talking about actors Tisca Chopra and Rohit Roy. While Tisca has openly admitted to have not only dated Rohit several years back, but also that she was madly in love with him, the actor refuses to accept the fact. He claims that he was unaware of Tisca's feelings for him and has even denied dating the actress. Rohit needs to grow up. Since the affair took place much before he met his wife Manasi, what's the harm in admitting to it, especially when the lady has had the guts to do so.

Shilpa's love quotes are getting cliched
The whole world knows how deeply in love Shilpa Saklani is with husband Apurva Agnihotri. So why does she have to repeat herself interview after interview? While Shilpa might not be tired of giving those clichd sugary quotes about how adorable her hubby is and how she revels in playing the perfect wife, people are getting fed up with her real life romance. Now she has even announced her plans of quitting television once she has her baby. Good to hear that Shilpa but would you consider giving your mouth a break and spare us the agony of reading about your darling hubby?
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

By Shailesh Singh

If there is one actor, who, in spite of her serial not being talked about, has always been in the news; then it's Chhavi Mittal of Tumhari Disha fame. Even though she has not been able to move the audiences with her emotions, she's always been successful in shaking up the tabloids with her constant controversies.

First it was her regular habit of walking out of the sets that provided masala to readers. Then came her outrage on trivial issues like — "Why was Ashish (her co-actor) invited for functions and not me?" and "I am a married woman and he (Ashish) can not touch me in scenes" etc.

But the latest news is that she has decided to quit her only on-air serial Tumhari Disha since the soap is taking a time leap and Ms Mittal is not ready for the whitener in her hair yet.

"I am so young. How can anyone even think of asking me to play a mother to grown-up children of my age?" exclaims Chhavi when asked about her opinion on the time jump. She further added that she could think of playing a mother after five-six years, but definitely not now.

A co-actor, who doesn't want to be quoted, said that Chhavi is just doing a face-saving act by saying she is not ready for the time leap. Actually, fed up with her constant weight-throwing attitude, the makers had already decided to go ahead without her. But when she came to know about it, she is saying it was her decision to walk out.

When contacted, producer Rupali Guha declined to comment on 'who decided to quit first?', but confirmed the news of the time-leap saying they are already in the process of casting for the next generation

But what about Chhavi's character Disha? Are you killing her or getting her replaced? "Nothing has been decided as yet, but we are in the process of finalising things. We will let you know the moment we take a call on this," was all she had to say.

Taking the drama further, in an attempt to mend her already tarnished image, Chhavi has now decided to call for a press conference and clarify that she doesn't have any problem with her co-actors and the producers.

Now whether she would be able to convince people that she is not a trouble maker is a separate story, we are very sure that she has learnt the trick of the trade that is, "You have to be seen in order to be sold."

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

By Shailesh Singh

If there is one actor, who, in spite of her serial not being talked about, has always been in the news; then it's Chhavi Mittal of Tumhari Disha fame. Even though she has not been able to move the audiences with her emotions, she's always been successful in shaking up the tabloids with her constant controversies.

First it was her regular habit of walking out of the sets that provided masala to readers. Then came her outrage on trivial issues like — "Why was Ashish (her co-actor) invited for functions and not me?" and "I am a married woman and he (Ashish) can not touch me in scenes" etc.

But the latest news is that she has decided to quit her only on-air serial Tumhari Disha since the soap is taking a time leap and Ms Mittal is not ready for the whitener in her hair yet.

"I am so young. How can anyone even think of asking me to play a mother to grown-up children of my age?" exclaims Chhavi when asked about her opinion on the time jump. She further added that she could think of playing a mother after five-six years, but definitely not now.

A co-actor, who doesn't want to be quoted, said that Chhavi is just doing a face-saving act by saying she is not ready for the time leap. Actually, fed up with her constant weight-throwing attitude, the makers had already decided to go ahead without her. But when she came to know about it, she is saying it was her decision to walk out.

When contacted, producer Rupali Guha declined to comment on 'who decided to quit first?', but confirmed the news of the time-leap saying they are already in the process of casting for the next generation

But what about Chhavi's character Disha? Are you killing her or getting her replaced? "Nothing has been decided as yet, but we are in the process of finalising things. We will let you know the moment we take a call on this," was all she had to say.

Taking the drama further, in an attempt to mend her already tarnished image, Chhavi has now decided to call for a press conference and clarify that she doesn't have any problem with her co-actors and the producers.

Now whether she would be able to convince people that she is not a trouble maker is a separate story, we are very sure that she has learnt the trick of the trade that is, "You have to be seen in order to be sold."

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
*Guli* thumbnail

Chhavi Mittal, Rajshri Thakur all Glitter on Sets

Zee TV's Carnival 2006 is a unique concept through which fans of Indian television (read fans of Zee TV) are given a chance to meet and interact with their favourite screen idols.

At the recently held Carnival in London, major Zee stars were invited to be a part of the festivities. Among the lucky chosen names were that of Ashish Nayyar, lead actor, Tumhari Disha (which also happens to be the oldest running serial of the channel at the moment) and the heroine Rajshri Thakur (Saloni) of the current number one show Saat Phere.

The carnival being a huge success is another story but reports were doing the rounds that Chhavi Mittal (female lead, Tumhari Disha) was unhappy about the fact that not she but DK (Ashish) was invited to the carnival. The argument being in a woman oriented serial, the title character (that's she) should have had more rights to represent Zee.

There were also reports that Chhavi threw tantrums on the sets of the serial to vent out her anger and frustration. Though close sources from the production house confirm the news, Chhavi, when contacted chose to be diplomatic. "Though it's unfortunate but I am happy that they invited Ashish. May be Ashish is more popular than me in London," says Chhavi trying to hide her displeasure.

The producer of the show Rupali Guha denied any knowledge on the matter. "I am not aware of any such incident. You have to ask Chhavi or the organisers. I wouldn't like to comment on the issue," she categorically said. But again, she also chose to be diplomatic and not irk her actors by confirming the news. All she did was, put the ball in someone else's court.

When contacted, Ashish Nayyar had this to say (even though we knew what's coming up), "Zee TV first checked out the popularity quotient of the star and then took a decision on whom to send to the event. Guess they decided that DK being a male character is more popular amongst the ladies because women enjoy these serials more. But I do not think Chhavi Mittal had a problem with my trip."

"Everyone wants to steer clear of controversies and controversial statements. But the fact remains that Chhavi threw a lot of tantrums on the sets post the news of Ashish being sent for the carnival", says a close source from the production house. Not only that, sources confirm that after Chhavi realising that Ashish' is far more popular she has started paying more attention to her work.

Hopefully next time it will be Chhavi who will be more in demand and her complaints will be put to rest. But one good thing that happened following this carnival fiasco is that Chhavi has realised that it's her work which gets her noticed and not any tantrums.
*Guli* thumbnail
Bad girls just got worse

The viewers love to hate them and they love to be hated. The television frat's screen vamps tell us why they love to play wicked...

They play the most hated characters of the television fraternity, but that's what makes them most loved by the audiences too. Remember the adage 'bad girls have all the fun'? Well, these bad girls are surely having a lot of fun. We decided to ask them their take on playing a vamp; how does it feel to be loved and hated to the extreme? 

Urvashi Dholakia's character of Komolika in Star Plus's 'Kasautii Zindagii Kay' is perhaps the first name that comes to mind when one thinks of a negative character. Urvashi says, "When Ekta offered me Komolika, my first reaction was, 'No, I don't think I can do that!' But Ekta believed that I could and it was only due to her faith that I took - up the role. Honestly, I had never perceived it to become such a craze and it was flattering when Komolika became a buzzword. I think what made Komolika so famous, was the way in which she was packaged within the show." Komolika was neither the first nor the last vampish act that Urvashi has indulged in. She has also played characters like Kajol in 'Kahaani Teri Meri' and Noinika of 'Risshton Ki Dor'. As Urvashi says, "I enjoyed myself while playing Komolika and Kajol and am now having equal fun playing Noinika, who's a very close to life character, someone who could as well be your neighbour." The fact that Urvashi is having a ball enacting these roles is apparent from the fact that she is open to playing more negative characters. "A vamp, who is wicked just because it may be in her genes, makes no sense to me. With a properly sketched-out negative character, I'm ready to go for the kill again!" she says with a wicked smile. 

Maninee Mishra's character Pari in 'Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin' brought to television a different kind of a vamp – a dumb but conniving woman. In complete contrast to that was her character Yana in 'Sarrkkar'. Maaninee says, "In both cases the characters have reason to be negative and that is why I took up both the roles. In Pari's case, it is her need for the good life and in Yana's case, taking revenge for the heartache she suffered. Also, both the characters had been devised so differently, with Pari as this mad-cap and Yana as the cold, go-getter – it was fun to play both." reminisces Maninee . Initially, Maninee was shocked when she was offered a vamp's role. "In real life, I'm this serious person and to know that someone perceives me fit to play a negative character was a stunner for me," she says. In spite of getting a very good response from the audiences, Maaninee is wary of playing a negative role again. "It's an emotionally tiring exercise and drains off my peace of mind," says Maaninee. 

However, unlike Maaninee, Ashwini Kalsekar, Jigyaasa of 'Kasamh Se' has a different take on playing the bad girl. "I was bored to death of the goody-goody roles and was dying to play a bad woman. So, when 'Kasamh Se' was offered to me, I grabbed the role! My take on doing a negative role is that, no character is really negative. It's just that when the story is told from the protagonist's viewpoint, the person who's opposite him/her will automatically seem wicked." Ashwini like playing Jigyaasa because "She has a valid reason for being mean and she can be mean without making weird faces into the camera while saying the dialogues," says Ashwini.

The latest in the ba(n)dwagon is Anchal Dwivedi, who has become famous for her menacing ways as Saloni's bhabhi Kaveri in 'Saat Phere – Saloni Ka Safar'. The girl admits that she was praying to God after the audition when she was told that she would be called back for confirmation. "I wasn't sceptical about playing the role at all or that I will get slotted as a vamp. I think it's more exciting to play a negative role than a positive one. You get to laugh, cry and backbite."

Kruttika Desai began her vampish stance with a role in 'Kkusum', but what really established her as household name was Gargi's character in 'Tumhari Disha'. What followed was her character Mohini in Sahara One's 'Hare Kaanch Ki Choodiyan'. "Gargi is so unabashedly wicked; it's as if the phrase 'moral values' just doesn't exist in her dictionary and she relishes that totally. It's fun to play such an uninhibited vamp. With Mohini, I love the mystique that the character has got," says Kruttika excitedly.In spite of the kind of popularity that the roles bring, the vamps are always on par, if not above, with the positive characters. As Kruttika says, "I enjoy playing a vamp because the canvas gets really wide. You can experiment with your clothes, makeup, gestures, tone, etc and also, the role is inevitably meatier." As Anchal concludes, "Who wouldn't like to play a positive role? I'm sure every vamp, if given a good author backed positive role would like to do it. But, if I don't get an opportunity, I wouldn't have a problem because the audience has accepted me."
*Guli* thumbnail

Kavita tossed out of CID

Kaushik is accused of being unprofessional and not willing to do the required stunts

Kunal M Shah

Actress Kavitha Kaushik who replaced Sai Deodhar on Sony's CID has been removed from the show. Apparently, Kavita could not cope up with the action element of the show, and is said to have chickened out at the last moment

Yash Patnaik, Business Head (Fireworks) says, "We brought in Kavita to replace Sai Deodar and she was very kicked about the show initially," he says. "She seemed eager to do the stunts. However, she began to create problems and was reluctant about doing a lot of action-scenes. CID is a hardcore thriller—stunts are a must for us. I think Kavita was a little disinterested. Moreover, she is not involved in her work. Even the directors of the show would complain about her. In that sense, she fell short of our expectations. Thankfully, she herself said that she wanted to discontinue acting in the show. This made things easy for us. Anyway, we were going to drop her. Now, a suitable replacement is being worked out," adds Patnaik.

When contacted Kavita said, "There were no issues at all. I quit because I didn't have much to do on the show. I did CID for six months but to be very frank, it has no scope for women. I was completely under-utilised."

Kavita denies having any problems, "It's not that I just wanted to do stunts. I have always done shows where I can also display my acting skills. I used to often get bored on the sets and only have a few lines to enact. The actor in me craved to do something more. It's not true that I was disinterested. I love my work and all these allegations seem absurd to me."

*Guli* thumbnail

TV actress injured          ; ;  

Dimple Inamdar has a narrow escape on the sets of Sati

Reena Thapar Kapoor            

Accidents on the sets of TV shows seem to be on the rise.  The latest victim is actress Dimple Inamdar. On May 25, while shooting for Sahara One's Sati, Dimple seriously injured herself. That day, after giving her shot, Dimple headed straight to the computer.

"I just sat down to watch the scene when all of a sudden a cutter (equipment used for shooting) fell on my leg from a height of six feet. I started bleeding profusely," says Dimple. For the first few minutes, she was in a state of shock. "It's understandable when you stumble upon something and hurt yourself. I didn't know where the cutter came from and how it landed on my leg. It was incredibly painful," she says.

The unit members immediately rushed Dimple to a nearby clinic where she was attended to. "Thankfully, the cut wasn't very deep. I didn't have to take any stitches. But it did take a while for the bleeding to stop," she says. The shooting of the show was halted.

"When you're working in a daily soap, you cannot stop shooting. Come what may, you have to finish your scenes," says Dimple. And that's exactly what she did. After a few hours of rest, the actress was back  on her feet to face the camera. "The next day, my condition worsened. Despite a swollen foot, I completed my work in the play Sunny Thing For Love. Such is the life of an actor," she laughs.

Nevertheless, Dimple claims to be enjoying her acting stint. "I can work round-the-clock. I get along like a house on fire with my co-stars Mansi Salvi, Dimple Hirjee, and Ankita,"  she says. Dimple can also be seen in Sony's Ek Ladki Anjani Si and Raja Mukherjee's Kahekshah.

*Guli* thumbnail
Take Ten: Yash Sinha
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   May 27, 2006

Yash P Sinha
He plays Prabhakar in the SaharaOne show Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai. Yash P Sinha is also seen in the Zee daily Tumhari Disha as Gaubbtam.

On the big screen he featured in Prakash Jha's film Apaharan and Vinta Nanda's White Noise.

Here are 10 things about Yash…

When is your birthday and what is your star sign?

August 20, Leo.

Do you believe in astrology and numerology?

Yes, recently I was in Sanjay Jumaani's TV show and he suggested that I add my father's initial to me name; so now I am Yash P Sinha.

Where were you born and which school did you go to?

In Patna and attended Airforce School, New Delhi.

What was your first job? And how much was your first paycheque?

I helped my friend's mother put up her exhibition stall for which I was paid Rs 100.

One thing you are really bad at doing?

Arranging my cupboard.

What is your favourite smell?

The smell of mud after the first rains.

Where in Mumbai would you rather be living?

I live in Malad, but would rather be at Bandra.

What cell phone do you use?

Nokia.

What car do you drive?

Tata Sierra.

Who do you regret losing touch with?

My best friend from class seven . I don't know where he is.

*Guli* thumbnail

Chavi Mittal off to London!

Disha seems to have found a directio of her own!Chavi Mittal, who plays the lead in Zee's Tumhari Disha left for London on 26 May for a holiday with her director hubby.

The lady, who seems to have made up her mind to quit the show once it takes a leap, is taking a well deserved break from her hectic schedule to enjoy some time with her husband, Hussain

"It's a kind of a holiday and I am looking forward to it," is all that the lady is ready to divulge.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/may/27may/grapvine.php