PROFILE: Adita Wahi--Shefali

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

PROFILE: Adita Wahi

Good looks, talent and two extremely popular shows. What more could you want? Lucky girl Adita Wahi. You see her as the quintessential vamp Shefali who has now turned positive in Asit Modi's noon daily Saarthi on Star Plus, while in Balaji's Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki she plays the very helpful and loving Mayuri.

A less-known fact is that she also anchors the Bollywood-based show Chaat Masala which is aired on Zee London, which is directed by Ameet Sawant. Well guys, guess what? She has tied the knot just last month in Delhi. With Ameet. ''This is one of the best things that could have happened to me. I am a Delhiite so the marriage took place there,'' smiles Adita who met Ameet during another show she used to anchor called Daud along with Karan Grover (who now plays Arjun in Saarthi) for Zee Music. ''In fact, Ameet auditioned me for that show. He is mainly into non-fiction shows. He is quite a tough task master. Then he moved out of the show and we started hanging out. I could say Karan played cupid in this,'' explains Adita.

Adita's personal happiness is matched by her satisfaction with her roles. As happens so often, she plays two diametrically opposite characters: Shefali, the obsessed lover who wants what she wants in life by hook or by crook, while Mayuri is like a daughter to Parvati and loves to help people in need. ''I relate to both the characters and I am completely happy in both the shows. It's good that both are popular. They have given me a lot of recognition.

''I was really surprised when I got a call from Balaji saying they wanted to cast me in a positive role. After playing Shefali, I got a lot of calls for the vamp role which I kept turning down, so of course I jumped at Mayuri,'' says an excited Aditi. And does hubby dear watch her shows? ''Well, he has seen a bit of my work. He is very critical which is good I think. If he likes something he says it and also when he doesn't like something. Though we both hardly get time to watch television. We get out of home in the morning for our shoots and are gone all day.'' Doesn't leave much time for anything let alone television.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj_sahil thumbnail
👏 nice profile of shefile...but u should post some pics of her ~ her husband too...she got married now.
tammy
sweet_mita thumbnail
thanks a lot for sharing 👏 👏