01/12/2011: Krishna CONFRONTS Paundrak again

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Paundrak addresses the devas, the heavens and all celestial beings,  telling them to give Krishna a message.  He tells them that the people who he's imprisoned are going to starve, and if Krishna wants to save them, he should come, and hand over his shanka, padma, gada & sudarshan chakra to him.  

Krishna watches all this.  Sudama, (who seems to have moved to Dwarka now 😆), asks him why he is worried?  Krishna tells him that Paundrak has resumed the persecution of his devotees.  Sudama tells him that this is out of his control, since he was the one who spared Paundrak.  He asks him whether he couldn't change Paundrak, and Krishna tells him that that's why he is upset - despite the chances he's given, Paundrak continues to abuse them.

Paundrak then starts flogging all the devotees out there, demanding that they stop worshipping Krishna.  He beats and knocks Shanu's father, and Shanu rushes to him.  Paundrak picks her up & grabs her by the hair 😡 and tells her to say Bhagvan Paundrak ki jai.  She however says Jai Shri Krishna, and Paundrak knocks her down.

One of the group calls on the others to start worshipping Paundrak, since Krishna is not going to turn up for them.  Paundrak is pleased, but then Kunal tells the first man that worshipping someone merely out of fear is not real faith.  Another says that Krishna is probably comfortable in his palace and oblivious to all this, and then an argument breaks out b/w the bhakts over whether Krishna will turn up or not.

Finally, Paundrak orders Shanu to appeal to Krishna to arrive there.  She agrees, and goes to Kunal, and all the disciples get up and start singing a bhajan of Krishna, (which eats up a good few minutes that could have been used @ the end to show Paundrak's killing - assuming that that's what's next)

Suddenly, the screeches of an eagle are heard, and Krishna arrives on Garuda 👏  As soon as he dismounts, Paundrak's soldiers surround him w/ their spears.  Paundrak taunts Krishna and tells him that it seems that Krishna couldn't bear to see his devotees in distress, and truth be told, neither could Paundrak.  He was about to put them out of their misery by executing them.  He orders Krishna to surrender his shankha, chakra, gada and padma to him.

Jambavati and Sudama are watching TV (very helpfully, Krishna left it on b4 leaving, since I'm not aware that either Jambavati nor Sudama had the divine powers needed to operate it 😆) and Jambavati tells Sudama that if Paundrak gets to possess those accessories, then it would be disastrous.  Sudama agrees.  Krishna lays down first the chakra, then the shankha, then the padma, and finally the gada on the ground on front of him 😲😡  Seeing this, Narada too joins Jambavati & Sudama and expresses his concern @ Krishna's act, while Brahma, Shiva and (yes) Vishnu are watching all this from above.

Haladhar suggests to Paundrak that after possessing those things, Paundrak use the chakra to slay Krishna.  Paundrak gives his evil smile and finally goes up to the weapons and tries to get the chakra on his finger, but gets jolted every time he tries. (The TV viewers Jambavati, Sudama & Narada are excited seeing this)  After failing to do so after a few attempts, he tries to pick up the mace, but it's too heavy for him.  Finally, he steps back, glares @ Krishna and accuses him of cheating Bhagvan Paundrak, and decides to kill him.

Krishna tells Paundrak that those items are not just his identity: he is responsible for ensuring that dharam reigns supreme in this world, and that these things are his tools to make that happen.  Paundrak is unworthy of having them.  Due to Maharani Tara, he got several opportunities from Krishna, but squandered all of them.  When one's end is near, they first go mad.  Saying this, Krishna raises his finger, and the Sudarshan returns to it.

Brief comments: Much better episode than any since this saga began.  Only thing - they wasted too much time on that hymn, although I guess bhakts may love it.  Otherwise, they could have killed Paundrak in today's episode itself, Kashiraj tomorrow, and done the Sudakshina thing next week.

Also, Krishna never dismounted Garuda or pretended to surrender all items.  What he did was fight and massacre the armies of Paundrak & Kashiraj, and finally, tell Paundrak that he's handing over the discus, as demanded.  He then sent the discus to Paundrak, who was eager to receive it, but the discus went ahead and cut off his head.

Let's see how they show that tomorrow.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vedantka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Thank you Vrish for such detailed recap; once I read it and than watch the episode it almost feels as if I were already good at Hindi 😉 !!!

Bahut dhanyavaad !!! 😊

Maybe SP has some budget issues so they can not afford to hire that many actors/extras for Paundrak's & Kashiraj's armies so they decided to kill Paundrak in a village...hopefully tomorrow (????)...

And yes you are right, as a Krishn bhakt  I liked the bhajan a lot.😍

I also enjoy your comments in between the lines as they show a great sense of humor!

Edited by vedantka - 12 years ago
coolpratz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the update...
finally the actual story has strtd... 
i dont knw much abt Paundrak story 
but the infulence game was pretty boring ..🥱
hope Maharani Tara dont appear in tomorrow's epi 
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Definitely a Better ep ⭐️ , but  they are unnecessarily dragging 😔 the story upto Friday, to end this track ...

I Liked the song- 'Sudh lijo Bhagwaan!' ⭐️ ⭐️  I think there should be more of such devotional songs in a serial on Shri Krishna.

JV was looking very bright 😍 when she gave a broad smile, either in yesterday's ep or in Wednesday's ep.

SB is again 'gayab' 😕...

Really Happy to see Garuda after a long time! 😊  Guess, I would have enjoyed the battle between Paundrak and Krishna, if they showed it like the org story.

prernacda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
first rukmani was missing and now satyabhama...have not watched for a while...but will watch this one..
very nicely done update and very detailed thanks...
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Vrish, super update thanks!

The episode sounds like a nice one finally! I agree with coolpratz, I hope Tara doesn't appear today otherwise... she might go like plz spare my hubby & all that BLAH BLAH BLAH!! But even if she does that I hope Krishna doesn't listen to her this time coz he didn't listen to Bhoomidevi during the Narkasur track & instead gave her some lectures. He should do the same to Tara in case she interrupts the killing process. I hope today's epi will the end of this Paundrak track. It has been dragging too much already