Darshan Gandas in Mahadev!--TB Article

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Darshan Gandas in Mahadev!

Thursday, January 12, 2012 | 1:34:51 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Darshan Gandas in Mahadev!

The negativity in Mahadev intensifies with Shukracharya's entry...

A few days earlier,Tellybuzz reported on the inclusion of Rakshandha Khan in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. Sources confirm that the man who played Mrudung in Imagine TV's Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo will now be returning to a mythology on Life OK.

A little birdie from the industry informs, "Darshan Gandas, last seen as Mrudung, will now essay a powerful role in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. He is all set to play the leader of the devils, Shukracharya. Shukracharya is a 'rishi' and the only reason why the fights between the devils and the gods take place."

Darshan will start shooting for the show from today.

We contacted Darshan who confirms, "Yes, I will be playing Mrudung in Mahadev. I am very excited to essay such a powerful and negative role."

We also hear that Darshan is in talks for a few other projects.

After Mrudung, it's Shukracharya for Darshan Gandas!

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
OMG Shukracharya is coming...πŸ˜†..n there is a mistake..it should b Shukracharya..not Mrudung...πŸ˜†
coolfizzy thumbnail
I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO REACT...πŸ˜•
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Thanks for sharing.😊 Daksh has invited Shukracharya  too for the mahasabha meeting, who is a devotee of Shivji.

Sia889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Wow looks like DKDM team is not lettin any stone unturned in makin the show a hit...here goes another addition to our group of  Models in da show

I excited ...

Thanks for the share

DKDM tteam u rockπŸ‘
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Okay, I caught Darshan as Shukracharya today, and must say, I'm totally disappointed w/ his make-up.  It's true that Shukracharya was the guru of the Asuras, but his attire and everything was identical to that of a rishi i.e. he should have looked no different from the saptarshis.  Instead, seeing him, he looked like he was an Asura chief, w/ all his sword-waving and so on.

Also, was Shukracharya the preceptor of the asuras from the beginning?  Initially, didn't seem like it - b'cos when Indra was losing to the asuras and hired Trishiras, that rishi had split loyalties since his mother too was an asura, and in the end, Indra killed him.  This was at a time when Brihaspati, due to a fall-out w/ Indra, decided to abandon the devas.  Had Shukracharya been the guru of the devas @ the time, it's doubtful that Trishiras would have had to do anything for them.

It seems that Shukracharya's role as Guru of the asuras only happened in the Treta Yuga, which would have to be the case if he was the grandson of Hiranya Kashyap, whereas the above story of Sati & Shiva happened during the Satya Yuga.
bharat9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Okay, I caught Darshan as Shukracharya today, and must say, I'm totally disappointed w/ his make-up.  It's true that Shukracharya was the guru of the Asuras, but his attire and everything was identical to that of a rishi i.e. he should have looked no different from the saptarshis.  Instead, seeing him, he looked like he was an Asura chief, w/ all his sword-waving and so on.

Also, was Shukracharya the preceptor of the asuras from the beginning?  Initially, didn't seem like it - b'cos when Indra was losing to the asuras and hired Trishiras, that rishi had split loyalties since his mother too was an asura, and in the end, Indra killed him.  This was at a time when Brihaspati, due to a fall-out w/ Indra, decided to abandon the devas.  Had Shukracharya been the guru of the devas @ the time, it's doubtful that Trishiras would have had to do anything for them.

It seems that Shukracharya's role as Guru of the asuras only happened in the Treta Yuga, which would have to be the case if he was the grandson of Hiranya Kashyap, whereas the above story of Sati & Shiva happened during the Satya Yuga.

Vrish you said it all! Even I was thinking the same since his first entry like few episodes ago. In this serial he doesnt look like a rishi ( Shukracharya was a rishi or maharishi or saptarishi? whts the difference between these?) at all but a warrior! dont like the his makeup and sword. POV! and why is he wearing black? shouldnt he be wearing saffron/white as he is a rishi too? and also he seems too young for this role, again POV. it may take time to accept him as Shukracharya.

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Shukracharya was Bhrigu's son, also Martial guru of asuras. His look is quite surprising. Showing Bhrigu in white & Shukracharya in black hairs & beard would have looked better. But as Daksh said Sukracharya is a warriar, he respects him, Indra too is expecting him to attack them then his look is ok. I doubt all asuras will be going to him for spiritual guidance. His war techniques & spiritual knowledge must be allowing most of the asuras to accept & respect him as their guru. Even deva guru Brihaspati used to support devas fighting against asuras.