CID Forum Thumbnail CID

GOTW : Khooni Kaun? New mystery - page 9

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
I got this as a forwarding...please help in solving it.

There are five people. One of them shot and killed one of the other five. Which man is the murderer and who is the dead guy?

1. Rahul ran in the 10K marathon yesterday in Delhi with one of the innocent men.
2. Sunil considered being a farmer before he moved to the city.
3. Karan is a topnotch computer expert and wants to install Mukesh's new computer next week.
4. The murderer had his leg amputated last month.
5. Mukesh met Kumar for the first time six months ago.
6. Kumar has been in seclusion since the crime.
7. Rahul used to drink heavily.
8. Mukesh and Karan built their last computers together.
9. The murderer is Kumar's brother. They grew up together in Mumbai.

(I don't know the answer, please discuss and take your time to solve it and hope we are all able to find the khooni)
Edited by visrom - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daydreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Rahul and Sunil cannot be the murders as rahul ran in marathon (murderer's leg is amputed) and sunil shifted to city (he didnt grow up in mumbai)
Kumar is also not the murderer as his brother is murderer.
So either mukesh or karan is the murderer.
Daydreaming thumbnail
Now mukesh and karan built their last computer together.

Karan is topnotch computer expert and wants to install Mukesh's new computer next week.

Does it mean that the new computer is built by Mukesh alone??

If it is so, then Karan has a motive of killing Mukesh. That is he wants to take the credit of Mukesh's computer.
debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
1. Rahul cant be possible as The murderer had his leg amputated last month. & Rahul ran in the 10K marathon yesterday in Delhi with one of the innocent men.
2. Sunil cant be possible as Sunil considered being a farmer before he moved to the city.  & The murderer is Kumar's brother. They grew up together in Mumbai.
3.Kumar cant be possible asThe murderer is Kumar's brother.
4.Mukesh cant be possible as Mukesh met Kumar for the first time six months ago. & The murderer is Kumar's brother. They grew up together in Mumbai.

I think KARAN is the murderer...i reached this conclusion becoz Mukesh and Karan built their last computers together. & The murderer is Kumar's brother. They grew up together in Mumbai.
Kumar has been in seclusion since the crime...so i think he cant be either murderer or dead person
I think Rahul is the dead guy becoz Rahul used to drink heavily....though it is not enough reason still i thought it
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pvkd

If it is so, then Karan has a motive of killing Mukesh. That is he wants to take the credit of Mukesh's computer.

🤣 now that's like a typical FW motive for murder. forget all other clues.

Originally posted by: debasree04

I think Rahul is the dead guy becoz Rahul used to drink heavily....though it is not enough reason still i thought it

Simple!!!! 😆 no khoon here...i can hear Salunkhe saying 'boss, iska khoon nahin hua hai...yeh sharaab peekar mar gaya hai'.
Edited by visrom - 12 years ago
sunnyp1414 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Was in little hurry came across new GOTW.  My input to this

Originally posted by: debasree04

1. 2. Sunil cant be possible as Sunil considered being a farmer before he moved to the city.  & The murderer is Kumar's brother. They grew up together in Mumbai

First of all Its not mentioned crime happened in which city.
Why can't Sunil be in Mumbai and  grew up together with Kumar in Mumbai. 
Is it necessary to think he moved from village to city? If so then he is not killer.
Edited by sunnyp1414 - 12 years ago
Daydreaming thumbnail

Originally posted by: visrom

🤣now that's like a typical FW motive for murder. forget all other clues.

😳 Yeah.. It is actually a typical FW motive 🤣 🤣
But then the other three guys
Rahul- Maybe the dead man (just because he used to drink a lot? And the motive of murder is not clear)

Sunil- Nothing mentioned about him except that he concidered being a farmer before moving to city. (Here also no motive of murder)

Kumar- brother of murderer. In seeclusion since the murder, met mukesh 6 moths ago for the first time. (He can be the dead man as he is not seen since the murder happened. Obviously he'll not be seen if he is dead. But still the motive is not given.)
Daydreaming thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunnyp1414

Was in little hurry came across new GOTW. My input to this

Why can't Sunil be in Mumbai and grew up together with Kumar in Mumbai.
Is it necessary to think he moved from village to city? If so then he is not killer.

It is said that sunil moved to City. This means that he didnt use to live in city before (otherwise they'd hsve mentioned that he shifted from 1 city to another or something like that.) So he cant be living in Mumbai before. And though not always but generally people living in vilage opt farming as their main occupation.
DemonStar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Interesting puzzle. ðŸ˜Š

There isn't much data given about Sunil. If he originally lived in the village, then he can't be the killer, since the latter grew up in Mumbai with Kumar. But it's only said that he wanted to be a farmer and it's also possible he moved from one city to another, so options are open. Rahul is unlikely to be the culprit, since the latter's leg has been amputated and as such there's no way he can participate in a race (though I do know that there are also races held for disabled people, using wheelchairs etc). His drinking habit seems to be more of a red herring.

The crux of the puzzle seems to revolve around Karan and Mukesh. It's mentioned that Mukesh and Karan built their last computers together, so Mukesh certainly knows stuff about how to build one. Why then, does he need Karan's help alone to build this one? Or has Karan actually asked to be involved? It is possible that Mukesh's computer or hard drive contains some valuable material that the murderer was after. The possible options I'm considering at a quick glance are -

1) Karan tries to get the computer file, and kills Mukesh when he finds out about it. But it's been said that Karan had to install the computer next week, so there's a contradiction since he had a much cleaner shot at it then.

2) Sunil is Kumar's brother, and they moved to Delhi from Mumbai. However, Kumar had met Mukesh 6 months ago and possibly Sunil incidentally learns about this file. He can probably use this material for some good bucks and buy land for his farm, but Kumar suspects his ideas and warns him against them. So a while after Kumar is busy with the marathon, Sunil quietly travels to Mumbai and threatens or bribes Karan into getting the file for him since Mukesh trusts the latter and thus he has easier access to the material, then kills Karan after the work is done. It's also possible he does it personally and kills Mukesh in the process.

I'm considering the second option as of now. Will try to think more later.

debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sunnyp1414

Was in little hurry came across new GOTW.  My input to this

Why can't Sunil be in Mumbai and  grew up together with Kumar in Mumbai. 

I thought this because - its not written there that Kumar also moved to the city...yeah the CITY is not mentioned there...actually when we think about a farmer we generally think about the village...

I think in this puzzle lots of information is missing...there is no information about dead person only about murderer...