1/5/2012: Paundrak searches for Murli

Poll

What do you think will be Murli's next pet cause?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Murli, er, Shyam continues his bhashan, telling the parents how wealth is not going to assure Shanu's future.  He advises them to return Paundrak his loan.  After hearing that, Pa gets furious and tells him that it's all very well for him to give such bhashans, but where was god when they needed him - they had to humiliate themselves b4 Paundrak to get what they needed.  Where will they get such a groom as Shyam describes?  Omkar turns to Shyam (oh, no, please, not that 🀣 Pa refuses to do any of that, takes Paundrak's miniature bag of gold and leaves.  Shanu comes and kneels b4 Shyam, telling him that she believes that he's a messenger of god.  Shyam assures her that when she shows such courage, even god can't help but support her.  Shyam & Omkar then leave.

After they leave, Sudama, er Omkar tells Shyam that he couldn't bear the poverty of this family, and asked him why he couldn't simply loan the farmer enough money so that he can return Paundrak his money but have a great wedding as well?  Shyam tells him that he could have killed Paundrak as well, but it wasn't all about taking the easy way out, but trying to achieve social change.

The two of them are walking in a field, and Shyam admires the beauty of nature.  Omkar is not happy, since he can't get his mind off the plight of Shanu's family.  Shyam tells Omkar that he seems to be losing faith in him, which Omkar denies.  They are then on the bank of a river, and see a boat & a boatman.  Shyam takes Omkar there, and asks the boatman if he'll take them along.  The boatman invites them to join and they start sailing.

On the trip, Shyam discusses w/ Omkar the usual stuff about bhakti, and about how one has to keep one's destination in mind while sailing these waves.  He then asks the boatman about his experience, and the boatman tells him that he has been practicing all this since he was a kid.  Shyam asks him whether he's also a believer, and the boatman tells him that there is a place for bhakti, and there is a place for karma.  Omkar smiles @ hearing this.  Shyam then asks him about whether there are women in his life, and he mentions his mother & sister.  Omkar is happy, since this means that this man is single.  Shyam asks the boatman his name, and he tells him that it's Kunal.

In his palace, Paundrak is having a glass of wine, and impatiently waiting for news about Murli.  A guard tells him that there is neither trace of Murli, nor Haladhar.  Paundrak is shocked and asks where Haladhar is, and Kashiraj enters and tells him that he's in Dwarka.  Kashiraj explains to him how they suspected that the spy that Krishna had for Paundrak was not Durdhar, but Murli.  Paundrak is enraged to hear that.  Kashiraj tells him that that's why Haladhar has gone to Dwarka to find that out.

Paundrak removes Kashiraj's sword, and asks him to accompany him.  They go to Shanu's home, and Paundrak first confronts w/ the sword the mother, demanding to know whether Murli was there.  The mom denies that anybody by that name came.  He then confronts Shanu, and then asks whether any stranger had come there?  The mother told him that somebody by the name of Shyam did come.  Paundrak is about to leave, but stops and asks whether Shyam had any companions.  The mom can't remember the name, but tells him that a brahmin in rags and w/ a bald head was accompanying him.  Paundrak is elated, and takes Kashiraj and continues the search.

Pa is w/ a prospective family, and the would-be FIL asks for the dowry.  Pa takes out the bag, and the would be SIL snatches it from him, and they are happy.  Just then, Shyam appears and demands to know what Pa is doing, and Pa is enraged and tells him not to interfere.  Omkar joins them as well.  Shyam tells him that this gold will not assure his daughter's happiness.  The FIL is furious, and Pa then asks Shyam whether he can find a more suitable groom.  Shyam calls Kunal, and Kunal enters.  The episode ends there.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Comments: So Murli has managed to find Kunal for Shanu?  I'm impressed - I was wondering whether he'd find a hubby, or look for alternatives that she can pursue.  But wouldn't the problem remain of where to find 4 other grooms for Shanu's sisters?  Or will Shyam just help this one time?

Somehow, looks like DBSK is now trying to compete w/ BRC's Mahabhashana!  Good luck πŸ˜†

However, the more interesting aspect is that Paundrak is hopefully close to finding out who Murli really is, and now Murli is making no attempt to be anywhere near him, so maybe he's prepared to take on Paundrak the next time he tries to do something.  Whatever it is that ends this track, will do.
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Shyam then asks him about whether there are women in his life, and he mentions his mother & sister.  Omkar is happy, since this means that this man is single.  Shyam asks the boatman his name, and he tells him that it's Kunal.

The fact that this Kunal (isn't that too a modern name?) is unmarried made him an eligible bachelor? C'mon those were days when having multiple wives was the norm rather than the exception. 

If Kanha a.k.a Murli a.k.a Shyam had probed the hut a little more, maybe the would have found Ma No.2  lurking somewhere. I find it hard to believe that Pa stuck with Ma No.1 for so long, despite her penchant for producing only daughters😑

Shyam's tirade against  dowry is getting on my nerves. In those days it was equally common for the boy's side too to present the girl's side with gifts etc. In fact I cannot recall any incident from the scriptures where dowry became an issue. 

BTW- Vrish, I voted for 'Other' in the poll above. I think Murli will next campaign for 
  1. Project : Save the Tiger 
  2. Plastics are NOT fantastic
  3. Too much Cricket on TV
  4. Pollution

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Comments: So Murli has managed to find Kunal for Shanu?  I'm impressed - I was wondering whether he'd find a hubby, or look for alternatives that she can pursue.  But wouldn't the problem remain of where to find 4 other grooms for Shanu's sisters?  Or will Shyam just help this one time?

Get all the daughters married to Kunal- Problm solved.πŸ˜†
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I liked the messages MM was giving in the ep.s- they are really good as individual points. ⭐️ ⭐️ 

But how much they are relevant in a serial made on the life of 'Dwapar Yuga' Krishna - is a question. πŸ˜• 

Yesterday they again contradicted a 'charaterisation' 😑 - Suadama himself questioned MM about the 'worry' of the father, he said that 'only after we get food, we can do Bhakti'. But surprisingly, he himself was doing the opposite (in the 'org' Sudama story) πŸ˜•. Even in a hungry state, he never missed to worship the Lord, which was the main 'essence' of the character ⭐️ ...  But here, the character himself has forgotten his own values/ beliefs - very surprising!!! 😲 Moreover, these days, in almost every scene, he is expressing his doubts about the actions of Krishna, who is his God!!!! πŸ˜²

And yes, (WRT 4 Jan ep)- regarding Paundrak's asking the father to 'return' the money/ 'swarnamudra' - was very very weird!!! πŸ€ͺ I have never heard of any king who behaved like a money lender!!! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ  Even evil kings can't stoop that low, acc to me...

But overall, I am still enjoying the show 😊. Story has gone too far, as we all know. So now everyday, I expect to watch something 'new/ fresh' in each episode. 😊
vedantka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=Debipriya]
" Yesterday they again contradicted a 'charaterisation' 😑 - Suadama himself questioned MM about the 'worry' of the father, he said that 'only after we get food, we can do Bhakti'. But surprisingly, he himself was doing the opposite (in the 'org' Sudama story) πŸ˜•. Even in a hungry state, he never missed to worship the Lord, which was the main 'essence' of the character ⭐️ ...  But here, the character himself has forgotten his own values/ beliefs - very surprising!!! "

It is not that surprising and contradictory when you realize that human nature is truly complex and we do react differently in situations that consider ourselves and the ones that consider others. Besides, Sudama-ji  understood that the villager was not at the advanced level of bhakti so for such a devotee daily concerns can be very disturbing as he is still attached more to the bodily needs than to God. So Sudama-ji's statement in that context was very proper and not contradictory, he did not mean himself.
 Sudama-ji is a saint (God-realized soul) and the villager is a mayic soul (still under the bondage of Maya). A saint only fulfills God's wishes and a mayic soul tries to fulfill his/her own wishes, that's why a saint is not responsible for his action (they do not bear karmic consequences any more) as in actuality God is the doer through such a saint but a regular mayic soul is responsible for his own  actions as they are done for self serving  ends.

πŸ˜² Quote=Debipriya:"Moreover, these days, in almost every scene, he is expressing his doubts about the actions of Krishna..."

Sudama-ji is acting like this as this is pleasing to Krishn, besides Krishn uses the Yoga Maya to cloud the mind of His pure devotees sometimes so they can enjoy the lila more (like with mother Yashoda).
Remember that Shree Krishn is the biggest loving trickster in the whole universe.

Edited by vedantka - 12 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ Vedantka, 

At first Welcome to the Forum Dear! πŸ€—

Really Really Liked your post ⭐️. The point about 'Empathy', felt by Sudama for the father  and all the other explanations are Wonderful!!! ⭐️  I Truly Enjoyed reading them ⭐️ ...

Just wish that the PH understands the Love and Respect we have for this serial and do justice to it 😊.