Kiran Karmarkar opines lack of promotion is harmin

harshadbaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Kiran Karmarkar, who became a household name with Om Agarwal in Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, marked his comeback with Optimystix' showZindagi Kahe Smile Please on Life Ok. The show might have a "happy" title, but Kiran simply has lost all his smiles. Well, here's the drift. Kiran talked toTellychakkar.com and said that he is unhappy and disappointed with the way the show is being the treated.

"In today's time, promotions are important. But I am sad that Zindagi… is not being marketed properly. We work really hard and then it hurts when you see that other shows on the same channel are being promoted, and not yours," says Kiran.

Kiran was all kicked to be a part of a show associated with the Star Group but now he doesn't know the reason why his show is not being promoted. "Promotion toh chodo, ek accha promo tak nahi hai hamare show ka. Whereas I see posters, banners of other shows all across Mumbai," Kiran goes on to say.

And he is not the only one who is dejected. Kiran says that even his co-star Ali Asgar feels the same. "Ali and I feel miserable when in spite of working hard our show does not get visibility. The repeat telecast of our show is also less when compared to others. When the first TRP ratings got out, Zindagi…was only one point behind Sach Ka Saamna, which was superbly promoted. I simply don't understand whom to blame."

So is he planning to speak to the producers of the show? "I have already done that and they are very confident that the soap will work. They always say 'don't worry we will rock with our content.' But I believe that if a star like Shah Rukh promotes his film Ra-One for more than seven months then it explains the importance of publicity in today's time."

Hmm…Kiran we hope the channel and the production house heed your plea and market Zindagi… so that it can climb up on the TRP ladder!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sukrutha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
waaah...dude...join our andolan...
they just stole my words...😲..that ra.one thing...i just told that today in trp post...do they read my mind...😕😲😆
Edited by Sukrutha - 12 years ago
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
well this is unfortunate...hope they get serious about promos
-Abigail- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
O thank-god someone else noticed it aswell !!!
Thank-you Hansi ... seriously love hans for saying this ...

he's DAMN RIGHT! The channel needs to be fair and promote the show more and in better ways !!!!

Hope the channel gets some sense now and the PH house needs to take it seriously and tell the channel about this !!! 
bingyy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i  dont  know  why  star  is  treating  the  show  like  this ? 
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
My Hans to the rescue!
so true... i absolutely agree with him... he echoes all of our thoughts about the lack of promotion of zindage kahe smile please... its high time the channel take some action... i simply dont understand what their problemis in promoting this show, when they are promoting all their other shows... what is wrong with the channel?
...well done kiran for voicing it... you and ali have said it all well
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I hope so too, I like the show aditi  and that dadu's interaction I love and overall the package is good, The show needs to get noticed and sure it will gather eyeballs..

Hope LifeOK  prod house take notice of this and give the appropriate needful spotlight
-Abigail- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hiral_Madame

My Hans to the rescue!

yup wohooo... 🥳
one thing hans made me proud of 
Tasneem-17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanx for sharing the article

Gosh...finally someonez thinking like us