Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Going back to the movies. You seem to be more relaxed in many of your recent films. Yes, I feel very comfortable, relaxed. That is very important because the camera picks up everything. That comfort comes in after doing an X number of movies. I don't think I'm as intimidated by the camera as I was when I first started off. I used to be intimidated very much and I made plenty of wrong choices by way of signing some films. What do you find most interesting about acting?
The wonderful thing about this profession is that you learn something new every day. The minute you learn something new, you want to implement it. Once that shot is okayed and it is printed; it goes down in history; there's nothing you can do to change it. What has been his experience working with his illustrious father? There is no reaction when you're working with dad. (laughs) You're just stunned, I think. I just freeze in front of him. I don't think I can get rid of it. It will happen to me every time. What else happens?

(Chuckles more) Eventually I recover. But before that I fumble my lines or forget them.

How secure do you feel in your career now? I still wake up in the morning and think whether I am going to do my job? Even now, I ask myself if I am in the right profession. But the feeling was far more intense a few years ago. And that was because…? When you are going through a phase, when none of your films are working, you do start questioning yourself after a while. Even today, when there are times (when things are not going well) I ask, 'Have I made the right decision? Am I in the right profession?'
Why do you get that doubt? It is very simple. I may love doing what I do, but the big question is: Am I good at it? What is the best advice you have got from your father? After three or four of my films were released, I went to him and asked, 'Do you think I made a mistake?' He did not hesitate even for a moment. He said, 'No I don't think you made a mistake. Just hang in there and keep working.'

Photograph: Paresh Gandhi

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
here is a new siggy for our club members

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

monika...i was not around to congratulate u for the title of craziest BIG B fan!uff...i chose not to be arpund at that time itself!congratulations yaar!-FOT snatching that title from us ppl!lolz! πŸ˜†

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 18 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

BTW..IS MY SIGGY SHOWING GUYS? πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

I am working on the fan-fic..I will send my ideas asap..I have written the intro ...now i have to make up more..lolz!

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 18 years ago
fire_on_ice thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Monika ... thanks sooo much for the articles on AB Jun πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ... love ya for that ... keep up the hard work ... and congrats for the craziest fan place ... πŸ˜ƒ

- Aparna
fire_on_ice thumbnail

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

monika...i was not around to congratulate u for the title of craziest BIG B fan!uff...i chose not to be arpund at that time itself!congratulations yaar!-FOT snatching that title from us ppl!lolz! πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†  ....... See, monika, yeh izzat hai tumhari yahanπŸ˜‰... kidding re ... we are soo proud you won our club the award!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

Btw, lakshmiji, the siggy is available ... viewable ... and its as usual wonderful ... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...

unknown_beauty thumbnail

πŸ˜›If LoViNg U Iz WrOnG tHeN I DoN't WaNt 2 bE RiteπŸ˜ƒ

fire_on_ice thumbnail

Originally posted by: unknown_beauty

luv Abi πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

Hey there! Welcome to the club! Enjoy your time here ... πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

monika.goel thumbnail
Big B meets the media over Zamaanat
monika.goel thumbnail
Mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan has said that Aamir Khan had every right to express his opposition provided it was within the purview of the Constitution.

Aamir is at the center of the controversy after he expressed his views on the resettlement of people affected by the Narmada project.

"Every person has the right to express his views... Our country is a democratic republic and every person enjoys the freedom to say whatever he wants and express his opposition," Bachchan told a TV news channel on Saturday.

At the same time Aamir's detractors also have a democratic right to express their opinion within the Constitution, Bachchan said.

Bachchan reiterated his support in a press conference in Mumbai saying, "I am with Aamir."

Bachchan, however, went on to refute the view that the film industry has not supported Aamir after the latter was targeted by the BJP.

"It is wrong to think that Aamir is not getting support from the industry. Every individual faces ups and downs in his life?the film fraternity stands united. Everyone has the right to express himself.

Aamir is part of the democratic set-up of the country and he has all the right to say anything?to protest or not to protest. The same is true for the other side. Within the limits of the law and democratic framework of the country, anyone can speak his mind," Bachchan said.

Meanwhile, Union I&B minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi met Fanaa producer Yash Chopra and director Kunal Kohli in Mumbai to discuss the issue.

Theatres in Gujarat have decided not to screen the film following Aamir's refusal to apologise for remarks he made regarding the resettlement of people affected by the Sardar Sarovar Dam project and the demolition of roadside shrines in Vadodara.

Kohli said, "Dasmunshi has told us that he will resolve the issue as soon as possible." Prime minister Manmohan Singh also come out in support of Aamir, saying that every citizen has the right to freedom of speech and expression.

On Friday, Aamir gave cheques of Rs 5 lakh each to the chief minister's relief funds of Gujarat, Maharashtra, MP and Rajasthan in aid of project-affected people.