Sahara One bags EurAsia Cricket Series TV

khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 18 years ago
Sahara One bags EurAsia Cricket Series TV Rights
Monday - Apr 17, 2006
Televisionpoint.com Correspondent
After the acquisition of the India-England series telecast on Sahara One Television, which took the channel to the No. 3 position among the General Entertainment Channels, Sahara One Media And Entertainment has acquired worldwide telecast rights for the Landmark EurAsia Cricket Series – 2006 which will be simulcast on Sahara One Television and Filmy. The 14 days cricket series that starts from April, 22 2006 till May, 05 2006, will be held in alliance with Abu Dhabi Cricket Council (ADCC) at the Zayed International Cricket stadium in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) is the title sponsor for the series that is called the BSNL EurAsia Cricket Series 2006. Six renowned cricket teams divided in two groups – Group A comprise of India (A), Pakistan (A), Holland & Group B comprise of Sri Lanka (A), Ireland and UAE. All the 6 teams will play a unique double round robin series and the top 2 teams will battle it out on Friday 5th May, 2006 for the Eurasia Cup Final.

Shantonu Aditya, CEO, Sahara One Media and Entertainment, says, "We are delighted to partner with Creative Eye Limited in promoting the EurAsia Cricket Series 2006. This new strategic initiative is going to take the opium of the Indian audiences-Cricket to the next level. Sahara India Pariwar's deep commitment to cricket has ensured the massive sampling and reach in cable homes."

The 14 Day-Night matches will be simulcast on Filmy and Sahara One Television live and exclusive amongst C&S Channels in India. Sahara One Television will take a break between 8-10.30 pm for the telecast of its primetime shows, while FLIMY will continue the telecast of all the matches uninterrupted.

Sunil Kumar, Deputy Director General Manager Marketing, BSNL, says, "It indeed gives us great pleasure to sponsor EurAsia Cricket Series 2006 which will be a complete delight for all the cricket lovers. I extend warm greetings and best wishes to organizers & Players of the participating teams for BSNL EURASIA CUP – 2006 Cricket Tournament being played at Abudhabi, UAE."

The BSNL EurAsia Cricket Series 2006 will provide the maximum value to viewers and advertisers because it features India (A), Pakistan (A) and Sri Lanka (A), which have a huge following amongst Cricket lovers here. Besides, the matches will be telecast live in an ideal time day & night format, which is like having a sustained Super Prime Time promising tremendous viewership and reach for all advertisers.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
does this mean we wont get our sahara one back yet by april 22?

dil_kya_kare22 thumbnail
Sahara One Television will take a break between 8-10.30 pm for the telecast of its primetime shows, while FLIMY will continue the telecast of all the matches uninterrupted.

so wat is goin 2 happen 2 the international viewers??? i am realli startin 2 hate sahara one ppl 😡
dil_kya_kare22 thumbnail
Sahara One Television will take a break between 8-10.30 pm for the telecast of its primetime shows, while FLIMY will continue the telecast of all the matches uninterrupted.

so wat is goin 2 happen 2 the international viewers??? i am realli startin 2 dislike sahara one ppl 😡
moviemania thumbnail
8 to 10:30.!!! that means even we in india will be deprived of SRA. How can they do it ??
dil_kya_kare22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: moviemania

8 to 10:30.!!! that means even we in india will be deprived of SRA. How can they do it ??

yeh i kno its pretty stupid i honestly think tht sahara is being a lil selfish cuz they goin 2 play cricket on both channels they cud put it on the stupid filmy channel cuz i mean all they play is repeat movies all the time