•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Salman gets 5 year RI in poaching case
IndiaGlitz [Monday, April 10, 2006]

Bollywood actor Salman Khan was today sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment and sent to Central Jail Jodhpur by a local court in connection with the Chinkara poaching case.

Chief Judicial Magistrate Brijendra Kumar Jain also imposed Rs 25,000 fine on Salman, who was taken into custody and sent to the jail.

The court ordered one year rigorous imprisonment for co-accused Govardhan Singh and imposed Rs 5000 fine. Four other persons were acquitted in the 1998 case when a chinkara was killed by Salman at Ghora farmhouse.

Last week on April 7, the CJM rejected Salman's application for summoning a witness Harish Dulani who was missing from court appearances for many years. Dulani was said to be the main witness in the poaching case, and reportedly retracted his earlier statement that he had seen Salman killing the animal.

Salman faces four poaching cases and the same court had awarded one-year jail term and Rs 5000 as fine to the actor on February 17 for hunting two black bucks on September 26-27, 1998 in Bhavad village of Mathania region.

poor guy...thanks for sharing!!! 😉
Yea this news sadden me a lot. 😭 Hopefully he can appeal against it.

Seriously though the media is out to get him. I'm really hoping he turns out okay.

T__T Does this mean he won't be attending the ROCKSTARS concert then? 😭 ugh... I can't picture Bollywood without him!
thanks for sharing its sad isnt it
thought there were few others involved in this too?!! 😭 😭 😭
omg... why are they doing this to him..he is not like what they make him to be. WHY CANT THEY LEAVE HIM ALONE? im toooooo sad 😭