IF-Addict for March - Winners Tonite!

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hi Friends,

Before the IF Addict contest was going to start I was pretty sure that I will be in the Top 50 atleast but to my surprise now I am not even in th Top 100. The reason is simple that there are even bigger Addicts and everyone of us make India Forums a special place on the Internet to be.

The winner of IF Addict for March 2006 will be announced tonite at 12:00pm IST.👏

Members please do note that any automated system to keep you logged on to the system is NOT allowed in IF-Addict#1 contest and may lead to disqualification.

If you have any interesting ideas / contest that we can work on India Forums then please feel free to drop me a PM or email.

Cheers,
Vijay
India Forums Development Team

Edited by vijay - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shilpa07 thumbnail
thnks vijay bhaiya 4 the info..cant wait 😉
mera to door door tak koi naam nahin hai 😆 😆
Miss.Supriya thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thx....will surely try to come up wid something

cheers
supriya
HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Well vijay can you plz give us some info so as to how, can a member be disqualified?

And what did "Connie" exactly do?
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: HUMM

Well vijay can you plz give us some info so as to how, can a member be disqualified?

And what did "Connie" exactly do?

Connie had set up an automated script which refreshes the page every 5 minutes and kept her session active for longer period even when she was not on the site.

Our intelligent Session Logger application does note repetitve automated request to the server and helps in identifying fraud in the IF Addict list:

Just for example Connie it was noticed that...

Connie | 3/31/2006 1:55:29 AM | /forum_topics.asp?FID=72
Connie | 3/31/2006 2:00:28 AM | /forum_topics.asp?FID=72
Connie | 3/31/2006 2:05:28 AM | /forum_topics.asp?FID=72
Connie | 3/31/2006 2:10:28 AM | /forum_topics.asp?FID=72
Connie | 3/31/2006 2:15:28 AM | /forum_topics.asp?FID=72
Connie | 3/31/2006 2:20:28 AM | /forum_topics.asp?FID=72

If you watch you can easily make out that the page is being refreshed every 5 mins (sharp) and the member is just on one page through out.

I will making the system more intelligent so that it does automatically disqualify a automated requests.

Cheers,
Vijay
Edited by vijay - 18 years ago
Chatoyant. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
okiee..Koool..Thanks, Am waiting 4 The Winner 2 b Announced! 😊

HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Oh... thanks vijay for explaning this. I was planning to do something similar, thankgod i did not try it out. 😆 😆
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
hehe sunny bhaiya...ur tht desper8 2 win 😆

waise all u thechi ppl can cheat if u want...ppl like me dun even noe how 2 do tht 😆 ...c vijay bhaiya v r more reliable 😉

well newaiiz....letz w8 and c hu won....waise is there neway 2 noe past the top 100?...i wanna noe where i rank
menahil thumbnail
waao thats just too gud u people realy r genius but vijay what if somebody asks his whole family to visit the forum throught out the month and keep making posts that would be fair i suppose 😊 !!!!!
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
Next time I am sure I will be in the Top 100's addicts list. Waiting for the winner to be annoounced. 😛