Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Dron drown from K Street Pali Hill to India Calling
As Dron in K Street Pali Hill, Vipul made a great impact but was soon replaced. That didn't bother him much though. He kept trying and is now back in action as a cool yuppie in India Calling on Star One.

Your stint in K Street... seemed to be a smooth sail initially. What went wrong? Why did you quit abruptly?
Well, nothing actually. Nor did I leave the serial midway. My dates were clashing with a Bollywood project I had signed then, so I had no choice but to leave. You need to concentrate wholeheartedly on a venture that you undertake. A lukewarm approach can hamper your commitment. You have to be clear cut, not in two minds.

Then what prompted you to take up India Calling?
The script was awesome, I couldn't refuse it. Moreover, the film I was doing was almost complete. India Calling is directed by Bhushan Patel, who's also made Guns and Roses, Jeet and a string of hit films. I found the storyline exciting too.

You play the male protagonist Aditya in the serial. Do you identify yourself with the character?
Maybe to some extent. It has several shades to it. Aditya is an out-and-out cool brat with a heart of stone as his only grey vice. However, he's a normal, contemporary lad with an element of softness too. I mean, on the whole he's not a bad fellow.

And his nicer side is portrayed through his affair with the female lead...
Exactly! Even a tyrant melts when Cupid strikes. Chandni, (played by Manasi Parekh) the heroine, comes as a perfect foil to Aditya's disposition. They not only hail from different social strata but are brought up in contrasting setups. While the man flaunts his sports car and safari suits, the girl in her desi demeanour talks of her traditional views. In the beginning, there's a conflict but then it gradually takes a backfoot when both fall in love. After all, opposite poles do attract at some point or the other.

Apart from TV, you've done a few stage shows. So you aren't really a newcomer.
Well, I had worked with the ACME (A Common Man's Entertainment) troupe as an amateur artiste. And we did showcase some plays on issue-based, social themes that got rave reviews from all quarters. For instance, we performed Ramlila soon after the Godhra carnage and based the production on Hindu-Muslim riots. Besides, Surya Ke Pehli Se Surya Ke Antim Kiran, adapted from Surendra Sharma's Hindi novel, was also critically acclaimed.

As for films, my debut film Anjaan has just hit the theatres. A Hansal Mehta romantic thriller, the film's been produced by Anil Vohra. Others in the cast are Mehek (of Nayi Padosan fame) and Aamir Ali (of Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poppins thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
this is a old news..it has been posted earlier!!!