shaika00 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
It's been barely three days since Mohnish Behl walked out of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, and the actor is already finding his feet in films. His latest film is Rajashri's Vivaah, where he plays a cameo.

Confirms the actor, "I have taken up a couple of films and am in the process of getting back into my Bollywood mould. But I'm yet to sit with the script and get a taste of my character."

Talking about Vivaah, Mohnish says, "It's a gesture of my long association with the Rajshris (remember Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and Hum Saath Saath Hain?). They have been instrumental in giving me a foothold in the industry."

No slotting

The actor started off portraying negative characters and later moved to character roles. "It was never an intentional move," he says. "I lapped up what came my way and I'm glad it has worked as a blessing in disguise. Unlike many actors, I never got typecast. In fact, as an actor I've never been spoilt with choices to make. It depends on the filmmaker to decide the role I suit the best."

On life after Kahaani, he adds, "As far as television is concerned, I have nothing right now. I don't know how long the stay-home period is going to be."

Creative difference

What's the real reason behind his quitting the show? "I had made it clear that I was not going to replace the character of Om Agarwal in any which way. But I don't think it was communicated to the Balaji authorities and the plot was gradually leading to the marriage of Suyash Mehra and Parvati Agarwal. That's the only creative difference I had with them."

Why didn't he do Kasamh Se? "It was not my call. I was asked to leave as they felt that I should give more time to Kahaani," he explains.

Reacting to reports of his starry tantrums on the sets, Mohnish says, "I have never thrown tantrums. I'm a stable and levelheaded person who doesn't believe in such petty stuff. It's the quality of the work that matters to me. And I have no complains against Balaji."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shahidlover24 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Moderator's Note:
Already been posted.