Khandelwal to enter Bollywood article

heart*beat thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Khandelwal to enter Bollywood

Former Sujal has been signed in the romantic lead by a prestigious banner (considering his several walk-outs from films and serials his life might as well be a soap opera itself)

Subhash K Jha

Rajiv Khandelwal is all set to make a foray into Bollywood. According to sources Rajiv has been offered the title role in a legendary love story from an illustrious banner which produced several romantic hits in the '70s. The banner hopes to make a comeback with Rajiv's film.

The actor, currently in Delhi, is reluctant to reveal details. "I am extremely superstitious about anything that's being planned," he says. "As it is, people keep making premature announcements about me. I shot the pilot for a serial Hum Do Hamare Nau with my former Kahiin To Hoga co-star Amna Sharif and the news was all over the place when nothing had been finalised. Amna had stepped into the pilot at the last minute because of the long-standing professional relationship we share."

Meanwhile three big television houses have approached him for author-backed long-running serials. Rajiv has already narrowed down his choice to two.  He's keeping the third on hold.

Rajiv is undecided whether he wants to be the monarch on television (where he's apparently being offered twice the amount that other major television stars get) or he wants to venture into Bollywood.

"There have been offers, both on the small and large screen," he says. "I'm tempted to do at least one of them, since if I am out of sight, I'll soon be out of mind. But I'm not insecure about my future. I've voluntarily stayed away from work for four months. I can comfortably do so for a few more months. This is a crucial time for me. I'm young and fancy free. I'd like to use this period before the next phase in my career to relax, spend time with family and friends and be on my own."

In the past Rajiv has never been daunted by the prospect of taking risks. "When I was out of Kahiin To Hoga I was advised to sign at least one television serial just to stay in the limelight," he says. "But I'm not scared of being in exile. I agree I'm choosy. But now is the time to make up my mind and I have to take a decision about my next assignment shortly."

β€’ I agree I'm choosy. But now is the time to make up my mind

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KinshukLuvsDina thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Rajiv Khandelwal is all set to make a foray into Bollywood. According to sources Rajiv has been offered the title role in a legendary love story from an illustrious banner which produced several romantic hits in the '70s. The banner hopes to make a comeback with Rajiv's film.

The actor, currently in Delhi, is reluctant to reveal details. "I am extremely superstitious about anything that's being planned," he says. "As it is, people keep making premature announcements about me. I shot the pilot for a serial Hum Do Hamare Nau with my former Kahiin To Hoga co-star Amna Sharif and the news was all over the place when nothing had been finalised. Amna had stepped into the pilot at the last minute because of the long-standing professional relationship we share."

Meanwhile three big television houses have approached him for author-backed long-running serials. Rajiv has already narrowed down his choice to two. He's keeping the third on hold.

Rajiv is undecided whether he wants to be the monarch on television (where he's apparently being offered twice the amount that other major television stars get) or he wants to venture into Bollywood.

"There have been offers, both on the small and large screen," he says. "I'm tempted to do at least one of them, since if I am out of sight, I'll soon be out of mind. But I'm not insecure about my future. I've voluntarily stayed away from work for four months. I can comfortably do so for a few more months. This is a crucial time for me. I'm young and fancy free. I'd like to use this period before the next phase in my career to relax, spend time with family and friends and be on my own."

In the past Rajiv has never been daunted by the prospect of taking risks. "When I was out of Kahiin To Hoga I was advised to sign at least one television serial just to stay in the limelight," he says. "But I'm not scared of being in exile. I agree I'm choosy. But now is the time to make up my mind and I have to take a decision about my next assignment shortly."

β€’ I agree I'm choosy. But now is the time to make up my mind

awwwwwwwwwww sheen kia news dii haii wahhh wahhh mazaa aagayaaa πŸ˜ƒ
πŸ‘

my rajjjjjjjjjjjj is flooded wiv offers but hez a bit choosy πŸ‘

ohhhh wow 3 big television producers r also in line to sign my jannu 😳
πŸ‘

noooo raj ur outta sight 4 only ur fake fans but not 4 true rajeevians cuz ur not outta r sight even 4 a sec tu phir how can u eva fink dat u'll go outta r minds too noooo nevaaaaaaaaaaaaa 😳

thanku sheen thanx alottttttttt 4 dis wonderful news πŸ‘
u made my day uhh no its night πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
πŸ˜†
lluvvvvvvvvv yaaaa sisssss πŸ˜ƒ
gud to c ya today on r forum 😳

KinshukLuvsDina thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
sheen temme hows my siggy 😳
tisshgna thumbnail
wow.......now dats a news!!!!!........thnx fr sharin 😳 😳 😳

tisshgna thumbnail
does any1 noe who's da producer n director????? πŸ˜•.......some1 who made romantic films in 70'sπŸ˜• Gosh i wasnt born thenEdited by tisshgna - 18 years ago
heart*beat thumbnail

Originally posted by: dina

sheen temme hows my siggy 😳

Jaanu i love itπŸ˜³πŸ€—πŸ€—
meri teen sis ke pyare pyare naam ek siggy mein....it's rockingπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ˜†
dina kaise hai jaan?...miss u😭
ra_sk thumbnail
thanks a lot for the article
eshasrk thumbnail
Hope it's not one of those rumours again
zenu thumbnail
wowwww thnxxxxxx yaaaarrr.my rajeev is getting soo many offers i cant beleive it... πŸ‘ πŸ‘
tisshgna thumbnail

ya me 2.......lets just wait n watch😳