monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Adita Wahi to wed director
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 16, 2006

Adita Wahi
Telly actress Adita Wahi (Shefali of Saarrthi and Mayuri of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) will tie the knot with director Ameet Sawant on March 18. The ceremony will be held in New Delhi, with a reception in Mumbai later.

Low-key

Unlike most telly stars who go to town about their big day, there has been no great buzz about Adita's nuptials. Reluctantly, she agrees to speak on the subject. But now that she is getting married, why be so evasive.

"I prefer it this way and so does he," she says, three days before her big moment.

We caught up with Adita when she was boarding a flight to New Delhi. "My family is based in Delhi, so the marriage is being held there. As Ameet is from Mumbai, we will have a function here as well."

Sawant directs non-fiction shows on Zee. "I had acted in one of his programmes," says the bride-to-be. It is learnt that Adita had been seeing Ameet for a while. "Ameet won't like all this," she repeatedly tells us.

Adita was first noticed in Star's afternoon soap Saarrthi as the conniving Shefali, who keeps on switching sides. Since the past few months, as Mayuri she has been a pillar of support to a crisis-ridden Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar), in Kahaani.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Teesha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks 4 sharing!
She looks pretty in the pic...!!
I wish her all the best n many happiness 4 her new life!

sangitadas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Best Wishes Adita for your married life. 👏 👏 👏
shahidlover24 thumbnail
Thanks for sharing!

She looks really sweet in the pic!...Wish her best of luck in the future 😊
jogita thumbnail
i still think she should marry nikhil hehehe
but now that she has made up her mind good luck to her and best wishes