Weight and watch-Poonam Narula

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Weight and watch

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;articleid=3920062311320392006231015343

Fat is not fine... at least that's what television stars seem to think. Reena Thapar Kapoor spoke to six actresses who are in the process of shedding those pounds

Poonam Narula
I had put on 25 kgs after I delivered. The post-pregnancy weight refused to go and I looked like a huge balloon. Thankfully during Nach Baliye I managed to lose eight kgs. But that's where it stopped. I also have a sweet tooth. But, now I've decided that I want look different and gear up for a new innings. There are ten more kgs that I need to chuck out of my body. I've already started working out.

Sudha Chandran
I was never bothered about my weight. I became conscious of it after the growing popularity of Ramola Sickand (in Kahin Kisi Roz). Since I was wearing noodle-strap blouses and glamorous saris, I had no option but to shed the fat that I had piled on for years. To look trim, I lived on boiled veggies and fruits for months and lost about 10 kgs.

Anita Hassanandani
I looked more than my age in my first television show Kabhi Sautan Kabhi Saheli. Back then I didn't know that I would  have a career in films and television. When Ekta offered me a Hindi film (Kuch To Hai), I decided to knock off those extra pounds. Earlier I would eat anything. But now I am more careful. I had to work out like a maniac to get back into shape. After all, I was getting ready for my big break! After losing six-odd kgs, I continue to be paranoid about my weight.

Poonam Narula