sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Luke Kenny - a well-known VJ is now producing and directing a film and also introduces a unique way of filmmaking in the industry with 13TH FLOOR. Besides being Luke's debut as producer, this film has one more unique feature i.e. the film is entirely shot digitally. The 80-minutes digital film will be written in 'Mumbai English' (as Luke calls it); featuring versatile actress Sandhya Mridual and Luke's own channels' Purab Kohli (of My Brother Nikhil fame).

As the name of the film 13th FLOOR undoubtedly creates curiosity factor, Glamsham.com attempts to find out more about this inquisitive film.

Six days shoot, as it's digitally yours...
View Deadline Movie StillsIn this 'ICE-age' (information-communication-entertainment), Luke endeavors to introduce digital technology in the Indian Film Industry with his directorial debut 13th FLOOR under the Kenny Films Banner. Letting us know about how unique his film would be as it's a celluloid film, he said, "I shot the entire film with PD Digital Video Cameras that too within six-days. The film has done justice to the script. Both the actors Sandhya and Purab agreed to work with concern on the strength of the script"

Celluloid or Digital???
Clarifying the obvious notion of the spectators, he further said, "I must say it has retained all the minute clarity alongwith the reality factor, the same feel which we experience with other celluloid films. There is no difference as far as the reality factor is concerned, more so, it's more crisp and clear in quality."

Creative debutants...
Send My Brother...Nikhil EcardsBesides being a digitalized film, it has two more important features i.e. all the people involved are first timers except the actors and all the people involved are creatively inclined in their respective professions. Its like the music is scored by a pilot (Anoshak Karbahny), script is penned by a fashion designer (Devaki Singh), and of-course Luke, the director who is a VJ by profession. Moreover, the film was shot by a still photographer, edited by an ad-film maker, set for the film was created by an interior designer, locations were provided by a travel agent and so on.

Being so much creatively inclined, the film has been selected at various festivals like The Tromafling International Film Festival (2005, Edinburgh), The Temecula International Film Festival (2005 in California), The Ten Films International Film Festival (2006 at Mumbai).

In the view of its previous appreciation from various film festivals, we can say that 13th FLOOR will obviously get 'digitally' clicked with the Indian masses.