•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
Stars speak on Women's Day
By IndiaFM News Bureau, March 8, 2006 - 23:28 IST
Women's Day is all about celebrating woman and paying tribute to the multi-roles she plays in her life. The day acknowledges woman as an achiever. IndiaFM spoke to some Bollywood actresses on this special day.

Isha Koppikar: "We always say that there is a woman behind every successful man, but there is never a man behind a successful woman".
I don't believe in this concept. Why should there be only a specific day to remember woman? For me every day is Women's Day. Today if you see women, they are so honored and liberated. Whenever I see Shabana Azmi, Kiron Bedi and Barkha Dutt I feel great for being a woman. They are stronger than men. We always say that there is a woman behind every successful man, but there is never a man behind a successful woman. I think men are so bore, women have so many things to do like they can dress differently that is one privilege of being women.
Indian Women: They are more liberal, profound and compassionate than men. I think their unconditional love and ability to bear pain makes them special. I admire their sacrificing skill, which a man does not have.
Role Model: Nobody. I think every woman is special; everyone has her own purpose in life.

Raima Sen: "I admire my grandmother Suchitra Sen the most".
I don't think any specific day can be Women's Day. Being a woman I feel everyday is Women's Day. I feel proud to be a woman. And I would like to be born as woman again. I admire Mother Teresa for her work. I respect her and appreciate her strength as a woman.
Indian Women: Indian women are strong and equally modest. They are no more submissive, in fact they are coming out of shell to discover themselves. They fight and achieve their goals. I admire women for their inner strength.
Role Model: There are many women in India, whom I admire. If I have to name any, then I will say it's my grandmother Suchitra Sen. She is the one whom I admire most.

Neha Bajpai: "I feel proud that there is such a day for us"
Being a woman I feel proud that there is such a day for us. I feel every day is Women's Day. Though I never made any conscious efforts to celebrate it, I love to follow it. I will call up my mom to wish her. It's such a proud thing to be a woman and especially in a country like India where woman has her every right as a woman. I think woman has a lot of influence in this country so I would like to born as a woman again.
Indian Women: Woman of today is literate and not only contributing to her home but also to the nation. She play different role in every walk of life. Being a woman I think that women's ability is to perform their best in everything they do.
Role Model: I admire my mother as a woman she is one role model for me.

Sophie Choudry: "I lost my father when I was young but my mother led her life with lot of dignity".
Being a feminist I feel every day is a Women's Day. I think this is so nice that there is a particular day for women. It feels proud to be a woman. I love this day and specially get praised by male around.
Indian Women: They are beautiful, well-cultured, traditional and at the same time, they are very sensitive. A wonderful creation in world! I think they have lot of courage, sacrifice and strength. They have tremendous power as a woman. They are so traditional and dignified and at the same time they can be vulnerable. I love every shade of women.
Role Model: My Mother. I know it may sound clich but it's true. I lost my father when I was young. She led her life with lot of dignity.

Pooja Bedi: "My mother obeyed the law but defied convention"
I think, whether Valentines Day, Children's Day, Mother's Day, Aids Day or Literacy Day, every day has its own importance. I feel women are strong and compassionate. Apart from celebrating, there are so many things that should be highlighted. Female infanticide is one of them. I think there is lot of drop in men and women ratio, which is a scare for human beings. Like last year, this year too I will join Anu Ranjan's party in the honor of women.
Indian Women: I think woman is a sign of power. She has lots of things in her like she is so compassionate and strong. I think their ability to nurture and give birth to a life makes them so special.
Role Model: My Mom Protima Bedi is my role model. She obeyed the law but defied convention. She was intelligent, progressive, compassionate and an achiever.