NO challenge2006BUT MiddleEast Muqabla

bangboy thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=Lo cal_News&subsection=Qatar+News&month=February2006&am p;file=Local_News2006021545231.xml

Auditions for Zee TV's Sa Re Ga Ma in Doha
Web posted at: 2/15/2006 4:52:31
Source ::: The Peninsula

Doha: Local talent from Qatar have now been offered the opportunity participate in the popular Zee TV show, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, with auditions expected to be held in Doha shortly, a spokesman for the popular television network from the Indian subcontinent, said here yesterday. Challengers from Qatar can register for the audition at the LuLu Hypermarket and the MES Indian School beginning today. "The Zee TV team is sure of a great response from the region, considering the fact that during last year's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005 regional auditions held in Dubai, several enthusiastic singers from Qatar had actually flown in to the emirate to participate and prove their vocal talent," he added. The show enjoys great popularity in the Middle East prompting the Zee network and Real Media to organise the region's own Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Middle East Muqabala-2006. The most outstanding amongst them would be selected by Zee TV's talent search team and invited to participate in the finals, to be organised in Dubai, UAE. Yogesh Radhakrishnan, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Real Media /Zee Network said: "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa has over the years been the most respected platform for amateur singers to showcase their talent, it is very exciting that now this hunt would be carried out on an international level. Indian music legends such as Pandit Ravi Shankar, Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia, Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma, Ustad Vilayat Khan and Ustad Zakir Hussain who have rarely graced any TV shows with their presence, have been honorary judges on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa." He pointed out that the now famous signer, Sonu Nigam was a guest participant at Zee Antakshari. The director, Gajendra Singh, spotted his talent and chose him as a host for Sa Re Ga Ma, which helped propel him to fame. The Middle East event will be conducted in two phases. First phase began on February 10 when the Zee Network team flew to Bahrain to register and audition the contestants followed by Qatar, Oman and the UAE. Selected participants will be required to travel to Dubai for the second phase. The entire second phase will be telecast on Zee TV as Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Middle East Muqabala-2006 with show hosted by Shaan and directed by Gajendra Singh, the spokesman added.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Jaya* thumbnail
This article clearly says that Shaan is going to be the host, unlike what is being told in the other threads..

So, is Shaan going to be there or not ???
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Wowww.. i wish they shoot it when i am in Dubai !! Couldnt go for it last time coz i was in gr 12..this year i am gonna go for sure =D