OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 18 years ago
Anang Sha Bishwas
Friday, March 03, 2006 10:40:44 IST
Actress
</>

How did you enter the television world?
I won Zee Cine Stars ki khoj in my hometown Kolkata. Then in November 2004, I came to Mumbai. I started my career with Ram Gopal Verma's 'Mr. ya Mrs.' in which I played Aftab's girlfriend. My first serial was Kingston on Star One.

What are your current projects on television?
Kittu Sab Janti Hai on Sony TV and some ads are on air (SBI Mutual Fund and Power space inverter).

How much do you relate to the character Kittu Sab Janti Hai showing on Sony TV?
The character doesn't resemble my character in personal life. I am playing the character called Shelley who is beautiful does not have brains to think sensibly. She likes to look like a modern girl. Whereas, I am an outgoing person but I don't like parting late night. If I would stay awake late night it would only be for my career. I like dancing but in discos we don't get space to dance so it's a waste to go to a disco.

Did you always desire to be an actor?
Yes, I always wanted to be an actor but I was not very confident that I would be able to convince my parents as I am from an upper middle class family. People usually are not in favour of their children taking up acting as a career.

What are your hobbies?
I am a classical singer and Kathak dancer.

Happiest moment you have experienced?
It has yet to arrive. But my happiest moment would be when I receive the Filmfare Award.

Future plans?
I am looking out for movies but want to learn more and become perfect only then step into the film industry. Serials are a stepping stone. I am open to Bengali movies in regional film industry.

Edited by Jaslove - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shruthilaya thumbnail
parden me priya, but the pic looks more of shelly. the PA in kituu
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Shruthilaya

i was really confused tooas the article says Kittu Sab Jantii hai on Sony which is not correct. I though tthis looked like naintara but could be wrong

Shruthilaya thumbnail
yes priya i'm abso. sure dat this is shelly
reetsk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for sharing this Priya.
Good to know that she is a classical singer and knows Kathak as well. I really appreciate so much talent. 😛
Shruthilaya thumbnail
if u read da article carefully, it says dat she plays da character of SHELLY
mahi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Thanks for sharing and it is Shelly. But what I didn't understand is Kittu gets aired on Sahara One and not Sony TV. I am not sure if it was a typo mistake or she didn't have a clue about what she was saying. Cos if you read the interview, the mistake is in two place, both question and answer.
mitts thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
soo the article is full of blunders hh 😆
Shruthilaya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shruthilaya

old stuff! i wrote that a long, log time ago... priya di has changed the title of the post now!

sammie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mitts

soo the article is full of blunders hh 😆

😆😆😆

btw thanks 4 sharing