2 December- Susheela's last frontier

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Susheela orders MM to get out of her house. MM obeys. SB and J shriek "What will happen now Swami?" K replies -Whatever is destined will happen

SUdama finishes his prayers and hears the murali of MM (Incidentally why is MM holding the flute in front of his mouth like a pipe piper and not horizontally?) Sudama requests that K stop doing chores  in their house. K replies that he has stopped it since his malkin ( using the English word 'mistress' here will have a different connotation altogether ๐Ÿ˜†) has ordered him to leave. Sudama invites K into his hut. Sudama washes K's feet and does aarti. Heart overflowing with devotion the bhakta falls at the Lord's feet.  K raises Sudama up and asks him to be brave since there are more troubles in store for him. K asks him to be calm and keep faith in him (Krishna). 

Susheela goes to wake Mohan up only to find that the poor boy is running high fever.She tries to reduce the fever by placing cold strips. The fever continues to rise. She asks the maids to fetch the doctor.

Sudama prepares kheer and offers it to Krishna. K accepts it but looks perturbed. Sudma asks the reason for his pertubation. K instead of replying directly, merely advises Sudma to continue to repose faith in him and ensure that at no cost whatever, is his faith ever shaken. Now Sudama looks perturbed but folds his hands and bows.

The doctor arrives at Mohan's sickbed but says he can do nothing. Susheela is shocked but arrogantly asks how much money he wants. The doctor sagely replies that if Money were the cure for all ills then no rich man would have ever died. Susheela throws a bag of coins at the doctor's feet and orders him to save her child. The doctor nods his head and syas Susheela can call a better doctor but as of now he has no cure for the boy's fever.

Susheela orders her maids to call the Raj Vaidya and inform him that if necessary she will fill his (raj Vaidya's)house with money, but he should come immediately. 

Sudama notices the Vaidya coming out of his house. Sudama who was so far blissfully ignorant asks the vaidya the reason for his visit. Vaidya informs Sudama that Mohan was very sick and he can do nothing and he had advised Susheela to get a more experienced Doctor 

Sudama looks at K playing the flute and says now I understand why you were so disturbed. You made my pain your pain. Sudma goes inside Susheela's house. He is distraught to see his son's condition. He is worried that Mohan may not even survive till the Raj Vaidya comes.Sudama suggests that they pray to Krshna. Susheela is shocked and  angrily asks him to get out. 

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
On the malik/malkin usage, it's just one more case of anachronistic language being used, as pointed out earlier.  Why not use swami & swamini?

Sudama washing Krishna's feet - can someone tell Sagar Pictures that this touching of feet business only works one way.  If X touches the feet of Y, Y cannot touch the feet of X - such elementary info is lacking w/ the ingenious scriptwriters who work for SP.  Krishna washed Sudama's feet b'cos he regarded him as a superior (maybe Sudama had seniority by virtue of preceding him in Rishi Sandipan's ashram).  When Vishnu or any deity takes an avatar, then during that incarnation, they are bound by the same rules as the beings who existed.  As a result of Rama being son of Kaushalya or Krishna being son of Vasudev, it would behoove them to bow to their parents, but that doesn't make Kaushalya or Vasudev the parents of Vishnu himself - something this serial seems to have completely lost.  Even earlier, during the Parijat episode when Krishna battled Indra, Aditi told him that he was Indra's brother.  Sorry, Vamana was Indra's brother, but that doesn't make either Vishnu himself nor Krishna as Aditi's son.  Similarly, Sudama washing Krishna's feet was as inappropriate as say, Vasudev, or Devaki, or Balaram, or Kunti washing Krishna's feet.  Just didn't happen.

Murli playing his flute like a pipe caught me as well, but this was as bad as the initial episodes in the serial, when a major trouble was looming and Krishna's reaction to it was to simply play the flute.  At that time, it was Jarasandha's invasion, and now, it is Mohan's illness.

Finally, I'm not getting the message of the PH here.  Earlier, it was that a brahmin should take up begging regardless of how rich he is, and now, it seems to be that if your kid is sick, instead of sending for a doctor, start some pujas.  That may be how they do it in the saas-bahu serials, but in real life, such things are done in parallel, but Sudama is only interested in the puja, and not in the next vaid coming.  Praying for a miracle is only something one does after all other treatments have failed.  Granted, this was a rather unique situation where Mohan's illness was probably a part of the plan to get Susheela on the right track, but the messages that accompany this track, given that it's a fictional track, is really confounding.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Some scenes were good โญ๏ธ, but overall, another dragging episode ๐Ÿ˜”. I thought that Sudama-Susheela will unite in such a serious condition, but at the end we find, they are again having differences of opinion  ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜”. Hope everything will be resolved next week. 
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the lovely update!๐Ÿ˜Š

I just don't know what to say The more I read the updates, the more I get amused๐Ÿ˜ต Sometimes I feel that I read the updates just for amusement as I'm just not getting the feel at all Don't know what the CVs want to show. I thought they might have wrapped up this track to start another on Monday but nope... Plz Draupadi save us๐Ÿ˜†

Vrish, I agree that Aditi, Vaman, Indra, whatever you said & whatever was shown during that Parijat track. Isn't it mentioned in Bhagavat Geeta, that relations in one life are limited to that life only & has no connections in the past life...the person who is your family member in this life could have been a betrayer in your past life & all that... Didn't Krishna mention all this to Arjun... Then how come Krishna becomes Indra's brother as he was Vaman & all that... The SP are bringing out their own version of mytho messages & challenging the Geeta๐Ÿคฃ
In that case, it would be interesting to know what Krishna will be narrating Arjun this time... would it be the Bhagvat Geeta or the SP's own version. Would Krishna tell Arjun... look at Bheesma, he was your enemy in your past life so you should not spare him this time๐Ÿ˜† Sorry if anybody got offended with my bad jokes๐Ÿ˜ณ
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Thanks for the update.๐Ÿ˜Š

Krishna said whatever is written in the destiny will happen. Gives a wrong message. He is God, if he say this then why should people have faith & trust on him. Everyone should depend on their destiny only.
Everyone is giving contradicotry messages. Sudama wants to pray, he can come to Krishna & ask his help, instead of praying. But he will not ask for any help from Krishna. Earier instead of asking Krishna to forgive Susheela, he could have asked to give her sad-budhhi, so she will realise what is right & what is wrong.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Vik

Completely agree w/ you.  At this point, I just hope Krishna decides to be a combatant - they'll do less damage to the story than have him give a huge discourse that contradicts a lot of what they've shown so far.  But if TRPs have pulled it to #90, I think we can expect to see more of that 

Mnx

Good catch - Krishna is right next door to him, so why does Sudama even bother praying?  Now that Krishna is resting in his hut, he can just run there and ask Krishna to help him, and also give Susheela some sense, instead of asking her to pray.  Or alternately, just join Krishna in watching the fun.  Incidentally, where are his 3 kids?  Not in the house, but just running w/ their muddy feet into the mansion whenever they feel like ๐Ÿ˜†  Some parent, Sudama is.

But instead, we'll wait for the raj vaid to tell her that it's all up to the paramatma.
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Sudama washing Krishna's feet - can someone tell Sagar Pictures that this touching of feet business only works one way.  If X touches the feet of Y, Y cannot touch the feet of X - such elementary info is lacking w/ the ingenious scriptwriters who work for SP.  Krishna washed Sudama's feet b'cos he regarded him as a superior (maybe Sudama had seniority by virtue of preceding him in Rishi Sandipan's ashram). 
When Vishnu or any deity takes an avatar, then during that incarnation, they are bound by the same rules as the beings who existed.  As a result of Rama being son of Kaushalya or Krishna being son of Vasudev, it would behoove them to bow to their parents, but that doesn't make Kaushalya or Vasudev the parents of Vishnu himself - something this serial seems to have completely lost.  Even earlier, during the Parijat episode when Krishna battled Indra, Aditi told him that he was Indra's brother.  Sorry, Vamana was Indra's brother, but that doesn't make either Vishnu himself nor Krishna as Aditi's son.  Similarly, Sudama washing Krishna's feet was as inappropriate as say, Vasudev, or Devaki, or Balaram, or Kunti washing Krishna's feet.  Just didn't happen.

Krishna washed Sudama's feet because Sudama was  a Brahmana and hence higher than Krishna in the social hierarchy. There was no way Sudama would have done to Krishna whatever he was shown doing (washing feet, doing aarti). The script writers are trying to show that Sudama realized K was Paramatma Himself  and hence was immersed in Krishna-Worship (which he wasn't in reality). 

In Ramayana too, all the rishis who met Ram in the forest were aware of his Divine nature, but it was Ram (as their junior in years and caste) who touched their feet.  Had Vishnu appeared to them, then the bowing/blessing would have been reversed.
Edited by varaali - 12 years ago