sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Raj BabbarAmong the many people in the entertainment industry who are severely disappointed with the budget presented by the Finance Minister is actor turned politician, Raj Babbar, who was recently shown the door by Samajwadi party higher-ups for launching a tirade against his influential party colleague, Amar Singh. According to Babbar the Finance Minister has grossly neglected entertainment, culture and tourism, the three main sources of revenue in the budget. "He has treated them as good as non-existent and has not even made a mention of these three industries. It is very unfortunate and needs to be taken note of," Babbar reveals from Delhi, where he is busy formulating the action plan for his new political outfit, Samajwadi manch and morcha. "It is a secular party that will take up social causes from time to time," he informs.

Is he disappointed with the recent turnout of events? "Not at all. On the contrary, I am prepared to take on the so-called high profile brokers and fixers in the political system with my new party. It is definitely not the end of my political career," he enthuses.

He is also excited about his two forthcoming releases, Pankuj Parashar's BENARES - A LOVE STORY and Madhur Bhandarkar's CORPORATE. "I have great roles in the film. In fact I am enjoying this phase of acting in my career after a long time," he reveals.