"Buniyaad today means 20 years of togethe

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
"Buniyaad today means 20 years of togetherness....."

She walked right into television history with her character of Veerawali in
Ramesh Sippy's Buniyaad. From then on the lady hasn't looked back! Mahabharat and A Mouthful of Sky followed, but the lady finds a lot of joy in talking about the show that propelled her towards instant stardom. Ananya Sengupta spoke to Kiran Joneja on the eve of the relaunch of Buniyaad on SaharaOne.

On the relaunch of Buniyaad
Actually it feels really nice. I am looking forward to watching it on screen, as I haven't seen the show in its totality. I am very excited, even my colleagues at work seem to be waiting for it to air again!

On whether she expects Buniyaad to repeat its success
I really don't know about that. See, there is a whole new generation who haven't watched the show, but have heard a lot about it. But I always believed that every show has its own audience. Buniyaad is a classic and it will have its own loyal audience.

On her memories of the show
It was the best work that I have done. It was great working on the show and remember, I met my husband ( director, Ramesh Sippy) on the sets! From then on its been 20 years of togetherness, happy memories and loads of fun.

On the idea of airing the show on SaharaOne
It was entirely their (SaharaOne) idea. They approached us with the idea and we agreed! But the show has been previously rerun on Star and Zee and DD as well.

On working on television today
Well, change is the keyword on television today. I have always believed that if an artist doesn't change with the times he will be left behind. The role that I am doing now in Sinndoor is an interesting one and that's why I decided to do it. Frankly, I work for 20-22 days and I wish it were 15. And as far as the teh quality of work on television is concerned, I am not complaining. See, people get bored with seeing the same stuff, although it takes time for them to get bored!(laughs) But times have changed, the moralistic viewpoint that Buniyaad had cannot work today! The glamour and the bold scenes that we see today is a reflecyion of what is presently happening in society...nothing can be done about it! But again, I think change is welcome!

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/jan/18jan/interview_kiran.p hp