Celebrity surfing wid VJ shruti seth

shaika00 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

VJ and television actress Shruti Seth enjoys the Net but wishes she could get an occasional letter

Name:
Shruti Seth

Claim to fame:
She has acted in various serials like Kyon Hota Hai Pyarr, Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chaand, Shararat (where she plays a teenage witch) and the latest called Josh. She hosts [V] Junglee Jukebox and [V] First Day First Show.

Are you Net savvy?
I know my way round the Net.

What do you enjoy doing online?
I use the Net mainly for my work. I check my mail. My PR agency sends across questionnaires and interviews. Journalists send across questions, which I answer via email. So, the Net has come in handy in a major way.

How would your favourite Web site be like?
It should be visually appealing and colourful. Packaging is important. Information should be to the point. The site should be user friendly. Those unfamiliar with the Net should be able to easily navigate way through the site.

What are your favourite sites?
I go to
google.com most often. I get what I want from there most of the time.

What do you like the most about the Net?
On one level, it has made communication so speedy. So many people can connect with each other. But I'm still conservative to a large extent and miss letters. There is nothing like a handwritten letter. Nowadays, nobody takes the effort to put down words on paper, when all you need to do is push buttons. Of course, to get across urgent information, there is nothing as quick as the Net.

What do you hate about the Net?
I hate it when the computer hangs. I can break it! It's so frustrating. Also, when the connection is slow, a site takes ages to download. All you do is sit and stare at a blank screen waiting for the page to show up.

Anything you would want to change about it?
The Internet lacks the personal touch. I wish someone could come up with an invention where you can receive a mail with the sender's handwriting. I remember writing letters as a kid to my aunt in the States. I'd also draw lovely little things in the letter. I guess, by the time I have nieces, even the Net will become outdated.

Have you chatted with strangers?
I don't even have time to chat with friends; I'd really have to make time to chat with strangers! I've become a workaholic right now.

Do you ego surf?
I've checked
vindia.com. It has a section where viewers can post messages. The site is nice but they initially got my sun sign wrong. They made me out to be an Aquarian whereas I'm a Sagittarian.

Do you download music and pictures?
No. When I have some free time, I'm gonna take help from a tech savvy friend and put up all my pictures on a site.

Any celebrity you would like to chat with online?
It would be Shah Rukh Khan. My interview with him did not turn out very well so maybe an interview online will work out better. I like Shah Rukh, the person better than Shah Rukh, the star. The day I interviewed him, he was preoccupied. He had to fly for his back surgery the next day and had a lot of interviews lined up for the day. I'd also love to chat with Amitabh Bachchan.

If the Net didn't exist...
It would create a bit of an uncomfortable situation, now that we take it for granted. But, it wouldn't kill us.

Edited by punkrockgal - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canada87 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
👏 👏 Thx But I think Its Already Posted 👏👏