Focus on music, Amey-Anu malik-

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Focus on music, Amey

Indian Idol Series 2 has finally arrived at the level that it deserves. With all the contestants performing to the best of their capabilities, the quality of the show has vastly increased, giving a new hope for the Agla Idol.

I must admit, that a couple of weeks back, we (Farah Khan, Sonu Nigam and I) were concerned about the overall level of performances of the contestants.

I think at some point I even thought that maybe last year's contestants were better. But now, of course, there's no doubt that we have some of India's best talent on stage.

I am constantly hunting for fresh talent for playback singing and if the really good contestants get voted out, I have offered them contracts in the past and will continue to.

This year I saw real talent in Monali and see the same in Antara. I will do all I can to encourage these girls and help them get a break into the industry.

When it comes to my personal opinion on the contestants, I don't mince words. That's the reason why I seem to be the one differing in opinion with Sonu.

But I feel that it's better to give the criticism to the contestant in his or her face, rather than packaging it with sweetness.

When Ravi sang Pretty Woman, I told him that he could not pull off such a westernised song. His choice of song was not suited to him as his English pronunciations were not good.

Sonu on the other hand, congratulated him on a better performance than his usual.

I feel that Ravi must have lost out on votes this week because of his inconsistency.

Though we saw a vast improvement in his performance this week, taking an overall view into account, he was the most inconsistent, and the viewers probably didn't see the reliability factor in him.

After all, you cannot have an Indian Idol who performs well one day and flops the next! Also, I feel, being the eldest contestant, he didn't give out hip and young vibes like Amey or Karunya.

I have a gut feeling that the Agla Idol will be a girl this year. While Antara and Meenal are brilliant performers and singers, the only one who I feel is in their league is Amey.

The only thing with Amey is that he needs to keep his head on his shoulders if he wants to get far. Since he's been counted in the top three lately, I see him losing focus and letting the stardom get to his head.

He should concentrate on his singing and he's sure to make it to the final three. From this point on, the real test of nerves will take place and the best performances will be seen on stage.

It's my favorite part of the show because all the mediocre talent has been voted out and only the true gems remain!

http://indianidol.sifymax.com/judges/anumalik/comment3/ Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago