Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: SwaRon911

An insider source tells me ... The Bharatnatyam Sequence on "Jiya Jaley" was choreogrpahed by none other than ur very own KRIYA aka Shakti Mohan 😳

Personally .. I LOVE the CHoreography ... specially the "DHUAN JALEY " part and that hand mudra 👏

But Bharatnatyam is a very .. DEEEP form of classical dance .. WHATS with VInti (Whoz a Hip Hop dancer by training) and the comedy ?!

Are u guys okay with that ??? 😕 As a dancer myself ... I am a lil upset cuz of the comic element added to a dance form like Bharatnatyam .. but that was probably the directors Idea ...   and Sharon aka  Sneha and Simmi aka Samentha Fernanded are both Trained Bharatnayam Dancers (Sneha from Shimaak and Samentha from Terrrence Lewis .. In fact Sam learnt Bharatnatyam from SHAKTI herself , who taught the Bharatnatyam in Terrence Lewis) .. so why arent they  part of this sequence ? 😕

Vinti's bit runined it for me .. but I am looking forward to Shakti and Alisha's bit .. 😳

Once again .. BRILLIANT choreography by Shakti  👏

I disagree.
Being a Bharatnatyam dancer myself, I think that the choreography was good but could have been much better. It looked as if she was trying to mix odissi in it as well. Or maybe as she is not a trained Bharatnatyam dancer so their steps came out wrong.
Anyways, without the critical appreciation, I would say on a whole it was a mind-blowing dance. 😊

Originally posted by: kokoARSHA

i m personally a trained bharatnatyam dancer n i also think that shakti n alisha did it fab but vinti did not

Do you really think the steps were of pure Bharatnatyam ? 😛
pixienasrin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i didnt personally enjoy it much...i prefer classics at its purest form the best
sps1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
am a bharatanatyam dncr myself too...and i think the 1 who prfrmd the bst ws alisha then shakti..coz shaktis expression ws nt upto the mark..and ya vindhi ws nt vry gud..bt 4 a hiphop dncr she ws quiet ok..