ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Jamnadas Majethia
Producer-actor Jamnadas Majethia, better known as JD in telly circles, faced a unique situation recently. His wife, Nipa, delivered a baby girl on January 28. This is the couple's second child - they have a six-year-old daughter, Kesar.

However JD - the man behind shows like Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai, Instant Khichdi (both Star One), Baa, Bahoo aur Baby (Star Plus) and Kudkudiya House No 43 (Sony) - informed his family (including his Mathura-based parents) about the new arrival only today.

11-day puja

The reason behind this veil of secrecy was that his mother was in the midst of an 11-day puja, in which she could not be disturbed. The puja ends today, and early this morning, JD told his mother about the birth of his daughter.

"We are Vaishnavs, belonging to the Pushthi Marg. My mother does this special puja; if things like birth and death are told to her, she cannot continue with the puja. And it is my duty to tell her first about the new arrival, so we decided not to inform anyone till my mother was told," says JD.

Pious family

Incidentally, his parents shifted to Mathura 10 years ago for religious reasons. "They are extremely pious, and I have their blessings, which reflects in the success of my shows."

In Mumbai, JD lives in a joint family, along with his two brothers. "My family has nothing to do with the entertainment world. My brothers own a bookstall, College Book Centre, near Ruparel College, and one of them also does consulting. I am the first member of the family to get into showbiz."

Meanwhile for JD, celebrations for the new bundle of joy will begin in a big way from today. "Very few people know about the baby and most of our relatives were also unaware," he says. "I have not yet even distributed sweets. Everything will begin from today."

JD, who celebrated his birthday on February 5, considers his second born to be the best birthday gift ever. "My wife and newborn are fine. Now I am looking for a name for the baby. I am looking for something unique, and not too common," says the second-time papa.

[email protected]

J D's new show

"It will be on Star One, and extremely distinct from my current shows," says Majethia, who produces under his banner, Hats Off Productions, along with writer-director Aatish Kapadia. "We are in the process of working out the modalities," he adds.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lubana thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
thx alot fo da article. 👏