Ends justify the means or means justify the end?

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Right from the start of the show, this is the question that plagues our leads.

To Arnav ends justify the means even if the means are unfair.  The end may be putting Khushi in her place as it was in the beginning of their interactions or may be to escape love as it is now.  His means were never above board whether it was viciously torture and  slander Khushi or hurriedly announce his decision to marry Lavanya. 

To Khushi means have to justify the ends even if  the means are tough.  The end may be proving that she can face any challenge as it was in the beginning or finding out what was in Arnav's heart as it was today.  Her means were always hard whether it was putting up with the humiliation and hurt Arnav subjected her to or asking probing questions when she knew that his answers would question her conscience.

In Arshi's battle the one who is caught in between is poor Lavanya.  While Arnav is knowingly using her to rebuild the shield around his heart he has unwittingly let down, Khushi is unknowingly ignoring La's original role in Arnav's life and her own role in La's life in order to reach that well guarded heart.  While Arnav is embracing duty in order to escape love, Khushi is embracing love and inadvertently ignoring her duty.

We know that Arshi's love will prevail but should it justify the trampling of emotions of an innocent girl?  I hope both come to their senses soon enough before the poor girl builds too many dreams only to have them all shattered.    

Edited by Opti - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Opti thumbnail
Oh by the way, I want La to give a tight slap to Arnav when she realises that she was being royally used only to be royally dumped later. She should also give Khushi a earful for letting herself into this situation without a thought to her.
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
.Sad.But.True. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Good post !! I agree. But I want La to give tight slap to both ASR and KKG . KKG claimed to be her friend but Arnav didnt claim to love her . I hope things gets better ..
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Agreed...the BIGGEST looser in all of this is La.  I can't imagine that she will be BLIND for much too much longer to the under currents that are between Arnav and Khushi.  I mean they are so prevalent now...and with the added dynamic of this impending wedding...Arnav and La...as well as Khushi and Shyam.

I know that she is slow to pick up...but its HIGH time she become sensitive and perceptive to all that is going on around her.   Once she see the dynamics between Khushi and Arnav...she will not be able to ignore it.  I am hoping that she confronts Arnav...and he should be made to apologize to her...

Edited by --Nargis-- - 12 years ago
-CoolChick- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i feel really bad for La...afterall she's gonna be the victim of this ultimate love-hate...heart-mind battle...  ðŸ˜­ Edited by garima_IPKKND - 12 years ago
Exactly my point...They both can do whatever they want BUT only after coming clear in front of Lavanya...Right now what they are doing is truly despicable...and I am not liking that the leads of a show are behaving in such a manner...This show is somewhat akin to Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna...where such cheating has been glorified...😕
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: barunroxx7

Good post !! I agree. But I want La to give tight slap to both ASR and KKG . KKG claimed to be her friend but Arnav didnt claim to love her . I hope things gets better ..

I will cut Khushi some slack because she did not consciously do anything so far.  It is an act of omission (of taking into account the La factor) rather than commission (to deliberately promising something more than what was possible as Arnav is doing right now). Arnav may not claim to have loved her but by offering marriage, he has allowed the girl to dream more than what she will be getting.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Nargis--

Agreed...the BIGGEST looser in all of this is La.  I can't imagine that she will be BLIND for much too much longer to the under currents that are between Arnav and Khushi.  I mean they are so prevalent now...and with the added dynamic of this impending wedding...Arnav and La...as well as Khushi and Shyam.

I know that she is slow to pick up...but its HIGH time she become sensitive and perceptive to all that is going on around her.   Once she see the dynamics between Khushi and Arnav...she will not be able to ignore it.  I am hoping that she confronts Arnav...and he should be made to apologize to her...

She seems to be a little slow on the uptake and yes she will not be able to ignore the dunamics of Arnav and Khushi for long but then that also depends on whether Khushi continues to come to Raizada house. Since her job is done and La has been accepted as future bahu and wife, she has no work there. Moreover she herself may avoid facing Arnav now that he had made it explicit she has no role in his life.

Arnav failed to treat La as a person and used her as an object and for that he needs to apologise profusely.   
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: garima_IPKKND

i feel really bad for La...afterall she's gonna be the victim of this ultimate love-hate...heart-mind battle...  ðŸ˜­

Yes, she is a victim of this battle.
bikerider thumbnail
opti i was waiting for you post will read and come back