Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: fluffyktau

enjoyed reading your ff..
love the atmosphere you have created, it seems really realistic.
update soon 

Welcome to this story! Hope you enjoy reading it further too.
bharadwajrad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: jazzerette

Seriously! 

Lolz...thenI should wish the examiner!!πŸ˜†

lolz haha! poor chap is gonna have tough time checking my papers πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜† actually me too thinking I should write a note for him in the last page of each and every paper of mine: Alert!!! be at ur own risk, this paper is seriously gonna do lots of damage to ur nervous system
Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

the last line made me all

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

did i mention i DONT like savitri ?? but she does have her usesπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

kam se kam kanjoos singh khurrana se ek gift to nikalwayaπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

jazzerette thumbnail

Originally posted by: mystique_girl

I just knew it that he would get a book for her πŸ˜† And waiting to see Geet's reactions !!

Lolzz!! 

Loved the update and missed you loads πŸ˜³ 
Aww! Thank you! :)

The conversation between Maan and Iqbal was sooo cute... Maan is smitten by Geet ...it was evident how he stammered when Iqbal asked how Bhabhi looked...LOL
He finds himself attracted to her...and poor thing has no clue what to do!πŸ˜†

Loved the fun way the family wished Geet - its lovely - their bonding is so clear in this instance...

Maan trying to select a gift for her and his endearment for her were awesome..

Maan-Geet faceoff was amazing .. her eyeing the gift and Maan deliberating on how to give t to her...wow !! so romantic... 

Their falling behind the others and conversing in English(if i understood correctly the underlining means this) and the words used by Maan, Geet's sense of loss - everything was so perfect..
Correct! Underlined sentences would be those spoken purely in English. Not only that... every time they speak in English...it also highlights the exclusivity of their bonding against the rest of the family. 

Love you for this Jazz -- it was a great narration πŸ˜ƒ 

πŸ€—

Oooh! I loved your comment so much!! The moment I read it ...I had gone "Bingo!"

jazzerette thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Stuff.

Is it just me, or does Mrs.Savitri Khurana have the same essence as Mrs.Bennet from Pride and Prejudice? 

How do you see Mrs Bennet from Pride and Prejudice? 

If it is only as a female who is silly in her notions and lacks sense of practicality and logic...then yes...Savitri Khurana has shades similar to Mrs Bennet. 

But what sets her apart...in my eyes atleast...that her notions of pride...though materialistic...are not misplaced or founded on falsities. She is proud of her lineage, which is not wrong. She is proud of her husband's standing, which he has gained through his own hardwork...again...quite justified. 

Am I amiss? 

jazzerette thumbnail
Interlude
Life moves on; Time catches up

(February, 1982...)
(Ahmedabad...)

Man has it inherent in him; a need to feel belonged.

From nomadic wanderings to eventual settlements of tribes. Men have kept together in crowds, groups, factions. And with progress of time bonds of kinship strengthened and boiled down to the simplest unit of family.

Even the wind finds its destiny as a drop of rain that settles and seeps into the earth. Every human seeks a home. Every man seeks a family.

He knew what his family was. And he knew how they had felt about him.

They had always despised him.

But that was a year from now.

Sitting on the banks of Sabarmati, he was looking back at the year that went past. Last year he turned 25. And many things changed.

He was all geared up for a battle. To fight for his right. For the inheritance that belonged to him. And he had let his brothers know about it in absolute terms. That Sartaj and Harman would fight tooth and nail to stop him, plan and plot to dissuade him was a certainty in his mind.

What he was not prepared for was the change.

He no longer slept on the stairway that went up to their attic. The cold marble had provided him warmth from the moment he had lost his mother. He was now shifted to the attic above.

He no longer relied on buses or most of the times, due to scarcity of money, his legs for commuting. He had a cycle now.

He no longer ate with the servants. Neither did he eat with his brothers. But he was served food with his nephews and nieces. And he liked it immensely.

Usneek bhabhi no longer snubbed him. She kept her silence and held back the taunts if he happened to be in her company.

Meha bhabhi was not snide to him anymore. She no longer smirked at his state, but smiled, even if it was forced.

Sartaj spoke to him cordially. Harman sat with him often.

So much had changed in past one year.

He knew that their changed affections were not genuine. He knew that they had a hidden agenda.

But still it felt good to belong.

"Aren't you worried Vardaan? All these changes, all these affectionate gestures'"

"I have nothing to worry about Adi," Vardaan grinned at his only friend, Captain Aditya Patel, "I have been emotionally scarred to the extent that I wouldn't feel the hurt of their betrayal. And when it comes to my inheritance, legally it is so secure that I wouldn't lose anything. Whatever they are planning to do could not be big enough to make me feel small again in life."

"Your smile is infectious. It almost makes me forget the breed your family is," Adi laughed at his own joke.

"You have rubbed off on me I guess," Vardaan chuckled, "the way you laugh, it foces the whoe of Gujarat to join in."

"Hei...hei...hei...Pinky says the same thing," Adi blushed.

"Oye hoyye," Vardaan teased, "so all set to take her to Roorkee this time?"

"Yes," Adi replied, "and she is very excited for the first taste of Army life."

"Marriage did well by you."

"Hmm. It is a beautiful feeling to belong to someone. For someone to belong to you." Adi looked at his friend meaningfully.

Vardaan gazed at the languid flow of the river. Slow but steadily heading towards its goal.

Every man has it inherent in him; a need to feel belonged. Every man seeks a family.

And for all the strength I claim, my heart yearns for it too.

(Handa Haveli...)
(Amritsar...)

As time flies on the wings of change, two elements become easily distinguishable. The elements that emerge as static and the elements that evolve as dynamic.

It is believed by many that passage of time only favors the dynamic, while the static perishes away.

But it is not always true.

Many a-times, the static is strong enough to hold its own ground against the dynamic. The only changes that the dynamics effect, are those which strengthen the status quo of the static.

Static was Mohinder's pride in Geet. It was as strong as before. He wished to see his daughters educated. She worked hard to realize this dream. Her final year had arrived and thoughts of excelling in her studies had consumed her mind. Her engagement, her future-in-laws did not divert her focus. Her fianc was spared a stray thought now and then. But that was the limit to which the static succumbed to the dynamic.

Static was Geet's encounters with her future mother-in-law. Every second month they met. An undercurrent of dynamic came into play. Geet no longer respected Savitri only as an elder lady. She respected her as she would respect her own mother. Thus, the static in this case stood improved by the dynamic. She no longer resented the fact that she would eventually get married. She accepted the fact with a sense of duty born out of the love she had for her father. The static triumphed over the dynamic.

Static was Geet's bond with her sisters. The three did not encounter even a slight drift in their closeness, something that time and maturity of age threatens every relationship. Dynamic was how Geet now understood life better and along with it the courage of her Sammy Di and the equipoised nature of her Meera Di better.

But among all this, static was Geet's inherent nature to love and enjoy life. Maturity had settled in with turning 21 in January of 1982, but still the innocence of her heart held its ground against the dynamics of transition.

It is not always true that with time the dynamic progresses and the static perishes. For many, the static persists. And it takes a while till it alters into the dynamics.

Social change refers to any significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms...Social change refers to any significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms...Social change refers to any significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms'Arghhh!! Geet slammed her book shut, "I hate Sociology!

Frustrated but determined to learn the definition by heart she picked the book up again. "Social change refers to any significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms." Her final semester exams were around the corner and she was completely engrossed din her books. So engrossed that she didn't even hear the doorbell ring.

"Kakku," Rano's voice boomed from the backyard, "jaa dekh kaun aaya hai. Sabziwale hoga taan usnu mana kar di. [If it is the vegetable-vendor then send him back.]"

Uff! Social change refers to any significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms.

Book in hand; chanting the definition over and over again, she set out to do as her mother had asked. Reaching the door, she pulled the door open and without raising her eyes from the book, addressed the tanned figure standing in front of her, "Ajj koi sabzi nahi laini, tussi jao."

And saying so she slammed the door shut and turned around, only to stop stunned as a deep baritone infiltrated the wooden door from the outside.

"Geet...?"

A short interlude. Since I have taken a year leap...I needed to draw up outlines for future updates in detail. But I wanted to keep the transition smooth too. Hence, the chapter. Hope you enjoy it :)

Chapter 21 - Page 105

At the Threshold of Heart

Edited by jazzerette - 12 years ago
-lazybee- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Its really hard to understand sociologyπŸ˜†Good to see progress in Geet-savitriji's relationship..😳

Maan ko sabziwala bana diya...lol...but Maan will be happy to see that his Geet is too much in to the gift he bought for her...πŸ˜‰

Mr.Vardaan yeh toofaan ke pehle ki shanti hai...waiting for next move  of his story too😊

This one is too short ...I want one more Jazz...πŸ˜›

nice update Jazz...😊
Edited by Jimzi2716 - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: jazzerette

I like Vardaan a lot.. for my own silly reasons you already know. It did feels good to feel belonged. And it is indeed a blessing to feel so. Somethings which are so normal to many would be somethings others crave for. And i truly understand how Vardaan feels. I always have a bitter sweet feeling reading about him. I am glad that he knew that their affections are not genuine. We often forget somethings when we get what we want but it is truly appreciable to know that he knew their true colors and that he would not fall for it hopefully. But i like him more for enjoying the little happiness for the time being. At the line "It felt good to belong" my heart constricted.  And the lines i underlined ... I well love them. How about a personal chat on this?πŸ˜†
He knew that their changed affections were not genuine. He knew that they had a hidden agenda.

But still it felt good to belong.

"Aren't you worried Vardaan? All these changes, all these affectionate gestures'"

"I have nothing to worry about Adi," Vardaan grinned at his only friend, Captain Aditya Patel, "I have been emotionally scarred to the extent that I wouldn't feel the hurt of their betrayal. And when it comes to my inheritance, legally it is so secure that I wouldn't lose anything. Whatever they are planning to do could not be big enough to make me feel small again in life."

"Marriage did well by you."

"Hmm. It is a beautiful feeling to belong to someone. For someone to belong to you." Adi looked at his friend meaningfully.

Vardaan gazed at the languid flow of the river. Slow but steadily heading towards its goal.

Every man has it inherent in him; a need to feel belonged. Every man seeks a family.

And for all the strength I claim, my heart yearns for it too.

It does. For a man like Vardaan who never had the "love" from a family he sure wants to have a person to love him.. to be belonged. Jazzy get Sammy into the picture a pweej. 

Social change refers to any significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms'Social change refers to any significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms'Social change refers to any significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms'Arghhh!! Geet slammed her book shut, "I hate Sociology!

I tell you I read the very definition for 3 times and I didn't get it so i moved on πŸ˜† typical me. I can understand Geet's hatred for the subject🀣
Especially because I personally hate my own subjects.πŸ˜†
I sometimes identify myself with Geet. In order to follow Mamma's orders I sometimes behave silly. Geet is involved in her studying so i don't blame her. Well you do realize I wouldn't blame her EVER!πŸ˜†
But I was amused at Maan's voice. Ah i can give all my property just to see his confused expression at that instant. And by property I mean BSπŸ˜†
Update super sooonnn

Edited by Cloud9. - 12 years ago
bharadwajrad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
  Ah finally, thank u jazz dear...will edit comment after reading the update πŸ˜ƒ

edited:
     Loved Vardan's positive attitude...that poor fellow deserves more happiness πŸ˜Š Adi is cute πŸ˜Š So he is also an army guy...any chance of him becoming friends with Maan as he is going to Roorkee?? 

The interlude is superb and so is Geet's concentration...πŸ˜† so much that she didnt notice her poor fianc standing at the door πŸ˜† haha πŸ˜ƒ 

I am so happy that Maan is back...but sad that you didnt write about Geet's reaction at his gift...not fair Jazz ji..I was waiting for that actually πŸ˜‰

In all, I LOVED THE UPDATE!!!! and actually feeling terrible at the moment that I am gonna miss it for the next 3 months during which I know u would have update a lot...so wait for my extremely long comment that I am gonna write once I come back from my so called study holidays πŸ˜† 
 Love u jazz for the wonderful update that includes ah my favorite physics even though technically it doesnt mean the actual definitions of statics and dynamics but yes atleast it includes the terms that I so love πŸ˜Š 
 will miss u loads dear...thank u and I hope u will update loads before I come back πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by bharadwajrad - 12 years ago
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update
u have taken a year leap good to see the pace of the story
continue soon