~# BBGC: Episode Discussion Thread #~

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
I'm creating this thread to let people discuss the story and episodes in general, particularly on days that written updates ain't available.  Please feel free to discuss the serial here 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
In the episode of Oct 13th, they finally showed Shikha managing to tell Sarika to try and make it home early, then telling masa that she's going to a friend's house, when she actually went to a parlor and got a manicure, pedicure and her hair redone.  The only thing I'm wondering - even if nobody else sees her there, it'll be obvious where she has been once she gets home, no?

I loved how Shikha, in Sarika's name, asked cleaning crew to go and clean their puja room, pissing off Santosh and Dadisa.  No, I'm not glad that Sarika was framed, but I was glad that instead of the bahus, Santosh & Sarika will have to do this cleaning themselves 🀣  And I hope Sarika is delayed - she has to be if she is told that 4 students have been admitted to hospital, so she'll have to take Taruna as well there, and there goes her chores of preparing the pujas for Diwali.  Hey Santosh, since you believe so much in all that, clean it youself.  Dadisa, you too!!!

I wish Garima had told Santosh the truth, and just told her that neither she nor Ammu was returning.  Santosh deserves to get shocked.  I hope that Shikha discovers this secret and blows it in front of masa and dadisa, and send them into a shock.  It's much needed.  While I don't sympathize w/ Shikha for being jealous of Sarika, I do think she gets a raw deal from those 2 witches, and hope she plays her part in wrecking the house in a way that even Sarika cannot fix.
Apu90 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I want to be very honest..That is my point of view so I hope my words won't hurt anybody...
That is a drama so everything is possible.Sometimes dramas on television shows something that is impossible to watch in real life...
But I want to very honest...Only for the reason of answering back,accusing  the other members of the family everytime and trying to make problems to them,and for her behaviour and her arrogance ...only for these reasons Shikha in real life  would be slapped for sure😑...
I know that is a conservative family but this is not the way to behave...I also think women must have freedom but not people like Shikha ...She had the possibility to meet her friend and what does she do? She told a lie and went to the parlour...All the times lies,lies and only lies ...how Can you defend her 😑?  She has never never NEVER  demonstrate to think about the goodness of his family..HOW CAN YOU DEFEND HER ?

Vr15h thumbnail
No, this is a fictional show, and I'm not offended.  Anybody is @ liberty to disagree w/ me on anything in this story.

In front of a neanderthal like Santosh, I'll defend anybody.  Even Shikha.  As for this family, when the menfolk of this family are such losers like Adesh & Jai, and loser women like Santosh, who don't earn a paisa very haugtily tell people to keep their money but not bother doing what they were paid to do, why should it be up to Shikha to think about the good of the family?  What Sarika does is ridiculous, driven by that other retard in her maayka - her dadi.

I dunno whether you watched early episodes of this serial.  Before Sarika's marriage, before anyone in the Poddar household even knew Sarika, Shikha was still @ the receiving end of ill treatment.  One priceless moment - she had gone out shopping and came back w/ a whole bunch of stuff, but b'cos it was a Thursday, Santosh forced her to return it.

Similarly, on the episode a few weeks ago, Shikha had invited her friends for a kitty party.  Santosh & her MIL humiliated her in front of everyone, and on top of that punished her for some days after that.  I agree that her trying to turn their anger on Sarika later was wrong, but that doesn't make what Santosh did to her right.  Neither is Shikha allowed to visit her friends, nor is she allowed to invite them over.  Sooner or later, such a totalitarian family is bound to come apart.

In fact, I'll say that Santosh has exactly the family of losers that she deserves, and it's a reflection of what a ghatiya woman she is.  One son is busy cheating on his marriage despite having a daughter from it, another is stealing money from the family business and funnelling it to his wife, a third is a good for nothing effiminate loser and the only thing he knows is to shadow his wife, who is a student.

I'm hoping that sooner rather than later, the real characterestics of Adesh & Chandan come out in front of Santosh, so that she gets a heart attack.  Even better - I'd like it if Chandan & Shikha walk out of the house.  Previously, Santosh had problems w/ her daughter Komal, and hopefully, Komal has given her the message that she's not welcome in her life.  Shikha should drive things so that everybody in this haveli disperses, and each of the couples can arrange on what rights the women have.
Vr15h thumbnail
I loved much of today's (10/21) episode.  Only part I didn't like was Adesh and Garima both witholding the facts of their relationship.  No problems - I just can't wait for the police people to leak to the media that Adesh has an extra marital affair - of course, the Poddars would just blame it on Sarika.

But I largely liked the episode - Chandan managed, but just barely, to deflect attention to Sarika.  But the ending was fantastic - the media people threatening to call the police, and the Poddars just leaving Sarika alone in that room.  But yeah, I can't wait for the entire Poddar family affairs to become a media circus - Chandan trying to bribe the lab (already happened), police revealing to the media the visits Adesh had from Meera and Garima (and in the process, exonerate her from Shikha's charges of not caring about Adesh), and maybe even play back the misogynic comments of the Poddar men that they must have recorded - on TV.  Most priceless was the Poddars seeing the news ask people to dial 1 to vote x, 2 to vote y and 3 to vote z 🀣
Vr15h thumbnail
Over the weekend, I saw the Wednesday episode online.  This was the one where Sarika begs Garima to return, Meera calls Garima and taunts her, insisting that she release Adesh from the marriage, Garima going to the Poddars' home and giving Adesh the divorce notice, Shikha alleging that Sarika inspired Garima to do this, Garima clarifying that Sarika wasn't at fault but she did teach her to stand up for herself (much to the dismay of Sarika, whose case seemed to be weakened) and then telling Santosh that there is no way she can continue to live w/ him.  At the end of it, Adesh accuses her of blowing his relationship w/ Meera out of proportion, and agreeing w/ Shikha that Sarika was to blame for this.

One thing I strongly disagree w/ Sarika - why is Garima wrong in walking out, and why is Sarika trying to get her back into this ugly situation?  Garima & her daughter are much better off w/ the former divorced.  Instead of showing Garima silently tell Santosh everything, she should have specifically been shown to tell her that she caught Meera w/ Adesh @ her kid's PTA meeting, how Meera handed her the divorce paper and just called her demanding that she sign.  She should then have told Santosh that she lacked the very culture she always brags about by raising a philanderer.  With these words, she should have walked out.
Vr15h thumbnail
Okay, so today, Jai's father was told by his employees that Chandan had ordered the adulteration of the masalas.  In the meantime, Chandan told his father that the adulteration was done by Shekawat.  At the end of the episode, Jai's father slaps Chandan and exposes him, but his brother then steps in b/w.

So looks like an intra-family civil war is now about to start.  Cool! 😎
Vr15h thumbnail
Why did this thread get unglued?  Anyway...

One thing I'm puzzled by about the serial - while Tripathy is scum, in one sense, he's right - Sarika has dropped the idea of college, and now suddenly wants to return, not b'cos she's changed her mind, but to help clear Chandan.  Tripathy was right that her place would be taken by someone more serious about her studies i.e. someone who doesn't have divided attention to studies and housework.  As it is, I hate the premise of the CVs that she has to do both, and hate both dadis (Sarika's & Jai's) for getting her married and on domestic chores.

But back to the point - Tripathy was right in that Sarika seems to drop out whenever she likes, and resume whenever she likes.  There has to be some discipline - either she studies, or she completely drops out.  Poor Jai is stuck here, but one thing he could have done was state that if Sarika doesn't resume studies, he'll take her and leave their family completely, and let it get destroyed from within - which the family deserves in the first place.

The other thing - while it's true that the water may be the reason the kids fell sick, it's not like Chandan is innocent that Jarika are trying to free him - it's just that they're getting a new loophole to throw reasonable doubt on whether it was his actions that resulted in them falling sick the first time.  So while I understand what they're trying to do, I don't agree, and I'm not exactly rooting for them.  On the contrary, I'd like Ghanshyam to be arrested for bribery due to his lawyer trying to bribe the police, and sent to jail as well, and then I'd like Jarika to get Chandan out (but not Ghanshyam).  Hopefully, w/ 3 crores gone, they won't even have money to bail him out either.

But most importantly, apart from Ghanshyam and Tripathy, I want Maasa to be put in her place as well.  Please give us a plot where she gets arrested and sent to jail - maybe Chandan alleging that she forced him to work in this job so that she could get him to contaminate the masalas. 😈
SEPIDEHh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You are right I don't know what kind of Medical college that Sarika goes to be a Doctor.One day she goes and the other  she left and avoid  to continue her education .But now she finds a good  Motivation to back to college ,and Jai's struggle to push her to continue her studies and "solving mystery of water"are good reasons for her return.Above all I think all Sarika's Problem with Maasa is because of Shika ,Her Jealousy ruined every thing and made a gap between Maasa ,Dadi and  Sarika.In real life it's too difficult to run a home and at the same time doing Jobs out of the house ,but  it's not impossible If someone has talent to be better human being ,keeping her at home is a Sin or may be a Crime as my point of view and it is very clear that Shika could'nt see that someone is better than her .By the way Sarika's story was very fascinating for me at the beginning but after so many ups and downs and  Jarika's Seperation I did'nt follow it  ,but accidently one night I came to this Forum and read DP 's update  I started to follow it.And I saw your name in this thread  reminds  me your interesting updates that you wrote in Jyoti 's serial last year .
Vr15h thumbnail
Shikha is a convenient scapegoat, but she's not the cause of Sarika's problems.  Maasa is.  Shikha had no problems w/ Sarika going to college if the other wives in the family had freedoms as well - Komal the freedoms that she wanted, Shikha the freedom to have her kitty parties, Vidya the freedom to learn computers, etc.  I don't fault Shikha @ all for being resentful if Dadisa & Maasa make judgement calls about what is acceptable and what ain't, and only allow Sarika to study b'cos of that close incident w/ Garima's daughter, but deny any of the other bahus their rights.

Yeah, it is legitimate to argue that Shikha's anger should be directed @ Maasa instead of Sarika, and I'd argue that it is -  ever since the division, she's forcibly kept Maasa separate, and not allowed her to give her any orders or anything.  I hope that continues.  I know that once Chandan is released, there may be a spirit of reconciliation, but I don't really want there to be.  Maasa has to be humiliated and educated out of her gawar mentality, and only then am I in favor of Shikha climbing down.

I support Sarika's rights, but I support Shikha's and others' rights as well.