Sending a prayer to the universe

jheel1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I love BAHL, I've watched it from the start & i have eagerly looked forward to Ram & Priya's journey.
Admittedly, it's had its share of hiccups already with the script falling short in many places, the body doubles didnt help either but i still watch it for the lightness & the feel-good quality it brings to my evening.
My only big grouse is with all the negativity in the various tracks & the obvious conclusion that they all must reach. But Im sure there must be better ways to show the growing bond between the lead pair.
I thought we had long since graduated from the days of the wicked step-mom & the badmaash brothers! Do we still need outrageously villainous characters to show the usual triumph of good over evil? I dont really think so. Sure, one understands the importance of sub-plots & characters can be shown to have flaws, but must every other character be outright evil?? Exactly how mature is that?
Wouldnt it be a far sight better if the blossoming of love between Ram & Priya were to cast a rainbow hue over the entire family & envelope them all in a pyaar bhari jappi?

So I'm sending up a prayer to the universe that the CVs pls, pls cut out this sniveling Sid act & any other similar conniving concoctions & give us a truly mature love story like was originally promised.

I don't mean to put anyone out, just my humble POV.

Edited by jheel1 - 12 years ago