Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonia.KN thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Really sad ..He was legend..n I new He was suffering from weeks...His lif was such from many years...When he lost his only son in accident ...that's reason his wife Chitra stopped singing n their daughter also left them for ever...RIP😭..sad news on my birthday 
Edited by Jass.KN - 12 years ago
Essence.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Mumbai, Oct 10 Renowned singer Jagjit Singh, known as much for his ghazals and bhajans as for his work in Hindi cinema, died here Monday after a brain haemorrhage. He was 70.

Singh, who breathed his last at 8 a.m., was admitted to Mumbai's Lilavati Hospital on Sep 23 after he suffered brain haemorrhage. He is survived by his wife Chitra Singh.

A Padma Bhushan award recipient, Singh has sung from many popular Hindi films. He had also sung in several languages, including Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati and Nepali.

Singh's career boasted a repertoire comprising 50 albums.

He gave voice to classic numbers like 'Kal chaudhavin ki raat', 'Honthon se chhoo lo tum', 'Koi ye kaise bataaye', 'Woh kaagaz ki kashti', 'Chitthi Na Koi Sandesh', 'Tum itna jo muskura rahe ho', 'Yeh daulat bhi le lo, yeh shohrat bhi le lo', 'Tumko dekha toh ye khayal aaya', 'Jhuki jhuki si nazar', 'Shaam se aankh mein namin si hai', 'Badi nazuk hai', 'Hoshwaalon ko khabar kya' and 'Kiska chehra'.

Born on Feb 8, 1941 in Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan, Singh had four sisters and two brothers and was known as Jeet by his family.

He was the first Indian composer and, together with wife Chitra, the first recording artist in the history of Indian music to use digital multi-track recording -- for the album 'Beyond Time' (1987).

Singh also voiced his concern over the politicisation of arts and culture in India and the lack of support for practitioners of India's traditional art forms, particularly folk artists and musicians.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Sad news and a great loss to us.
Just wish his great soul rests in peace.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
A very huge loss to the music industry. May his soul rest in peace. And may God give all the strength to his family and friends to bear the loss.

My favorite song:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cslHWo4wI3A[/YOUTUBE]
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Such a sad news , loved listening to his Ghazals and songs ... 

May his soul rest in peace 
AngelicDesires thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
may his soul rest in peace..

my dad is a die hard fan of his ghazals... he has been continously listening to them ever since he has heard the demise of this legendary singer...

a loss that cant be filled ever.. :(
--Preeti-- thumbnail
May his soul rest in peace ! 
sparkling-star thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
R.I.P. Jagjit Singh.
You will always remain on our memories as one of the best guzaal singers!
I can still remember my family getting crazy just seeing you on TV. There will never be another Jagjit Singh like you. 
God Bless You & your family, and give them strengnth for this horrible loss.
anizor thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
sad news. may his soul rest in eternal peace