Shakti loves being in limelight: Shivangi Kapoor

kishubedi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

The world has never been kind to villain/funnyman Shakti Kapoor, and it was the same when he was announced as the first contestant on "Bigg Boss 5." Witihn seconds, the net exploded.

"Shakti ki toh nikal padi", said one post, about the on-screen molester's stroke of luck at being the only male inmate with 12 women contestants. Host Salman Khan only echoed the sentiment when he said to Sanjay Dutt, "Ab kyunki Shakti ghar ke andar hai, toh female contestants kahan hongi? Ghar ke bahar!"

When the hosts didn't meet Shakti on stage in person, tongues began to wag about why he'd been publicly snubbed, and a source told DT, "Sanjay had a fight with Shakti 15 years back. Since then, both haven't spoken to each other."

But no matter where the public and the hosts' support lies, the support Shakti can be assured of is that of wife Shivangi Kapoor. "I'm not affected by what people say about Shakti. If he is the only male member in "Bigg Boss", that's because viewers want to see that. They are curious to know how he will react to weird situations. I'm happy for all the female inmates - 13 deviyaan to take care of my husband, wash his clothes and cook for him, isn't that interesting? I don't want him to get bored. He is the Kishan Kanhaiya in the house," Shivangi told TOI.

Unlike the others, who participated in the show for an image makeover, Shivangi said for Shakti, the reason has been different. "He agreed to do this season because it is believed to be the show's last season. He just wanted to experience it." She added, "I believe he has been a soft target for controversies. When an actor's acting acumen peaks, it is obvious to have people pull him down. And that's what happened with Shakti. Someone who has done 700 movies, will he have any time for extra-marital affairs? Shakti is a workaholic. He loves being in the limelight; he can't think of taking his work lightly."

Shakti-man's online 'acumen'

I bet Shakti Kapoor is gonna win.All the women are gonna vote for him. As long as he is inside, they are safe outside.

Soon Commandos will have to do an Abbotabad Style Ops in Bigg Boss House to Rescue the Women from Shakti Kapoor

Everyone please chill out. Shakti Kapoor is NOT the only guy in the house. There's also Pooja Misra

Shakti Kapoor with 12 women? This year's #BigBoss tagline should be "2 aankhein 12 shikaar"

Bigg Boss just gave Shakti Kapoor a Hardik badhaai. Shakti's all like "Speaking of hardik..."

Shakti Kapoor, 12 women and a eunuch in the Bigg Boss house!! Aaooo!! I really cant figure whom to sympathise with!!'