SRGMP Shaan should quote Absolute figures

girlygirl thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I cam across this interesting quote from another thread. Debo said this to a press release "Debojit explains the arithmetic of the voting pattern, "When they said that I had secured 80 per cent of my votes from the North-East and only two per cent from the rest of the centres, it did not mean that I scored lesser number of votes than them from the rest of India. The two percent votes from Mumbai were higher in number than the combined total of what they had earned from the same territory. I polled the highest number of votes from every region in India."

I think SRGMP is confusing people by quoting percentage values. For example:

The 2% votes of mumbai for Debo might be >= 10% votes for Himani/ others.

I think once the ranking of the contestants are declared Shaan should declare absolute values. This will leave people with lesser assumptions and guessing.

What do you all think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kapkumars thumbnail
EE - XX - AA - CC - TT - LL - YY

👏
coolsaints11 thumbnail
that make lot of sense...that way people like AS cannot fool public...
tellus thumbnail
If Gadhji would have to release exact numbers, he has to appoint a mathematician full-time to do a proper cooking up. Am sure they will falter badly and get caught red-handed if the % were translated to exact numbers.
Just take Ujjaini's ouster episode. Shaan told out of 60 lakhs votes, Ujjaini got 3 lakhs but he mentioned percentages for the rest of the contestants. When I computed the exact votes for each using these facts the total votes came to only 46 lakhs? The difference (14 lakhs) is too huge to simply write-off as rounding off errors.

But, they can't waste time in arithmetic, when they have to train singers how to shake their hips and how to shed crocodile tears..
Edited by tellus - 18 years ago
mdroy thumbnail
[QUOTE=tellus] If Gadhji would have to release exact
numbers, he has to appoint a mathematician full-time to do a proper
cooking up. Am sure they will falter badly and get caught red-handed if
the % were translated to exact numbers.
Just take Ujjaini's ouster episode. Shaan told out of 60 lakhs votes,
Ujjaini got 3 lakhs but he mentioned percentages for the rest of the
contestants. When I computed the exact votes for each using these facts
the total votes came to only 46 lakhs? The difference (14 lakhs) is too
huge to simply write-off as rounding off errors.

But, they can't waste time in arithmetic, when they have to train singers
how to shake their hips and how to shed crocodile tears..
[/
QUOTE]

👏 👏 👏
tellus thumbnail
Thank you for your appreciation. You are motivating me to open my excel sheet again.Edited by tellus - 18 years ago
kapkumars thumbnail
😃

Originally posted by: tellus

Thank you for your appreciation. You are motivating me to open my excel sheet again.