Mamta's interview:) Do read

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
Neha Mehta
Friday, January 06, 2006 12:22:22 IST
Well, I had done a pilot for a serial called Muktaad..

How did you enter the television world?
Well, I had done a pilot for a serial called Muktaad, which unfortunately never took off. It was over there that a writer Shashi noticed me and showed my snaps to Aruna Irani. I went for an audition there and was selected. After that there has been no looking back.

What are your current projects on television?
I'm currently working in a serial called Mamta, which is telecast everyday on Zee TV. It's difficult to manage two dailies that's why I'm concentrating on one. I don't want to overdo things! So far I have acted in around 40 commercials and two TV serials and a Telugu film. I've also done an international music video for Bobby Moon, which will be released next month.

Tell us something about your character in Mamta.
I play the role of a 19-year-old vivacious girl who goes through the different journeys of life. Her entire perspective of life changes in less than one year when she becomes a surrogate mother and experiences the diverse shades of life. How she matures into a young woman when circumstances force her to grow up has been very beautifully shot. It is a lovely role since it has many shades to it and allows me to portray it well.

What do you do in your leisure time?
I love reading books on direction and home-making. I also love watching international films. I have a huge collection of DVDs at my place, which I have collected meticulously over the years. But due to my acting assignments I don't really get time to watch movies on a regular basis
though I try to catch as many as I can.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss.Netherland thumbnail
Thank you ! When is Mamata beginning in Europa ?!
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow..she's a kool person but she had very short role in Ded Main Nikla Hoga Chand
thanx for sharing
prakriti thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thanx a ton! i luv her! wen she went away from ayushmaan, i wanted her to cme bak!