Manasi on singing spree --indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
 Manasi on a singing spree

Manasi Parekh who is a graduate in Indian classical music and has trained in western music from Lee Strasberg school, could not be happier.

Manasi who showcased her histrionics with Gulaal on STAR Plus was looking for an opportunity to display her singing talent and she has got just that.

Manasi has signed the singing reality show Star Ya Rockstar on Zee Tv and is very excited about the same. Speaking about the show she says "Everyone was wondering what I will do next after Gulaal and I did get three-four offers for television but Star Ya Rockstar caught my interest because it is about music. I am a trained singer and always wanted to do a music based show. Gulaal had just ended when this show was offered to me so I immediately accepted it. To add to that there are some good actors on board like Ragini Khanna, Sachin Pilgaonkar, Sumeet Raghavan and Neha Marda. Anu Malik is judging the show while Mona Singh is hosting it. The show is on Zee and the channel has always sustained having good quality music based shows. So I grabbed the offer with both hands."

Manasi also reveals that Star Ya Rockstar is not just another project but also works as a stress buster for her. She quips "After Gulaal I was looking for something that would help me to unwind and portray me in a new light. I wanted something different. After signing Star Ya Rockstar I have now started doing a lot of riyaz and also listening to good music that will help me choose which songs to sing on the show. Right now the show is keeping me busy but if I am offered a daily soap that is really interesting I will not mind making time for it."

It's not just been all work for Manasi, she also managed to make time for a holiday in Kerala with husband Parthiv Gohil. Recalling their trip the actress says "We stayed in a rainforest at Kerala. The hotel was also called Rainforest. The reception and the corridors in front of all the rooms had beautiful just like the ones that were shown in Raavan movie. We went for a jungle safari and trek and also got the famous Ayurvedic massages done. It was really good fun and now I am all refreshed to start working again."

Catch Manasi in her rock star avatar only in Star Ya Rockstar on Zee Tv.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anjalg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yayyy!!!! Can't wait to watch her on screen again and this time we get to hear her sing...what a treat!! Go for it Manasi...we'll be rooting for you!!

Edited by Anjalg - 12 years ago
-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Gosh...She iis beautiful, she is talented, she can sing, She can dance, She Writes and is intelligent too and most importantly... she can ACT! I am jealous😆...
but truly she IS a Rockstar...!!!⭐️
And apart from the Judge being Anu Malik🤢 I think all the other contestants she named are dhaansoo...Sumit Raghwan my favourite😳..I dont know if he can sing or for that matter Ragini can...but the show is gonna pull all Gulaal viewers to Zee for sure...SP a big Thenga😛 Edited by -Srushti- - 12 years ago
-Srushti- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjalg

Yayyy!!!! Can't wait to watch her on screen again and this time we get to hear her sing...what a treat!! Go for it Manasi...we'll be rooting for you

Haye You beat me by one miniscule second😡😆
Edited by -Srushti- - 12 years ago
sauris thumbnail
Mansi all the best for your new show.Show everybody that you are not only a star but a rockstar👍🏼
Anjalg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Srushti-

Gosh...She iis beautiful, she is talented, she can sing, She can dance, and most importantly she can ACT! Iam jealous😆...but truly she is a Rockstar...anyways and apart from the Judge being Anu Malik🤢 I think all the other contestants she named are dhaansoo...Sumit Raghwan my favourite..I dont know if he can sing or for that matter Ragini...but the show is gonna pull all Gulaal viewers to Zee for sure...SP a big Thenga😛

OMG!! I was thinking the exact same thing...Anu Malik as the judge 🤢 (dekho baarish ho rahee hai...its raining its raining its raining...meraa dil ro rahaa hai its paining its paining its paining...WHAAA????)

I don't know if Ragini can sing but she seems to be everywhere and anywhere now days and I like Sumit as well...he was too good in Sarabhai... Sachin is a good singer...don't know about Neha, she is in BV na?
-Srushti- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjalg

OMG!! I was thinking the exact same thing...Anu Malik as the judge 🤢 (dekho baarish ho rahee hai...its raining its raining its raining...meraa dil ro rahaa hai its paining its paining its paining...WHAAA????)

I don't know if Ragini can sing but she seems to be everywhere and anywhere now days and I like Sumit as well...he was too good in Sarabhai... Sachin is a good singer...don't know about Neha, she is in BV na?

Haye re! How come we think alike always😆
and did you have to sing HIS song over here😡😛😆

Sumit is toh too good,,,the guy is in another serial 'Sajan re jhooth mat bolo!' amazing comic timing he has,,,and Neha is in BV, yes..but I thought she was a good dancer..dont know about singing..she was also cast opposite Neil in 'Yahi Ishq di marzi ' na... the show which got off air too soon...good for us..as NB got to sign good projects like Gullu😛😆
MR21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Wow..thats a very good news😳...all the best mansi👍🏼...but hum sab ko Anu Malik ko jelna padega
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Mansi you go girl! 👏 Excited to root for you all the way through!!!

ps: absolute rise in the number of MP articles these last few days, everytime I login there's one more to read about her dynamic range of talents 😎

pps: Anu Malik is judging 😳 

ppps: Neha Marda in? They might as well get Smriti on board and complete the list of Neil Bhatt's co-stars 😆
chweetu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
TFS..Great news..will defenitely watch it..all d best MP n anumalik sony tv se jump kyun mara:( there r so many other judges who will b best but agar thoda drama chahiye tho anuji ko jhelna padega *sigh* he n his ghatiya shayaris:(