Maaneet FF ~ Saaya (Thread2 added) 22/12

--Dia-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Saaya - My Companion, my shadow...

Hi dearies,

This FF is based on a real story happened in 1970's. I must say it was really sweet listening to it and I still get Goosebumps thinking of it. It was the first time I ever heard a real love story that too from a couple of almost my parents' age group. I have mended it adding flavors that suit our maaneet. You can think how conservative people must have been during those times. And so I could some how relate their family with Geet's and Maan's
in GHSP. Also it has no similarities with the movie "Saaya". Hope you will like it...

I don't know how frequently I can update it. But will try to give more frequent updates than my first FF "The Rain".

So here is the prologue.. And I will continue only based on your comments and likes.

Prologue

She sat there, in the middle of the giggling girls, not registering anything that was going around her. The girls kept on commenting that her hubby will love her so much that the mehendi turned red, minutes after it touched her beautiful palm. She was too lost in her thoughts to notice all these. It was her marriage the very next day with someone whom she never even met
once. There was no say for her in the marriage, not just marriage for anything in her life. Her father and brother decide everything and she had to follow. At least she was lucky to get her B-Tech degree in architectural engineering completed with the support of her mom. The marriage was decided soon after she finished her college and she as well as her mom was really helpless. The groom, she doesn't even know his name, was a business tycoon and her father will never loose a chance to expand his business. He was coming from abroad just for the marriage and will return soon after their marriage. Only once did he call her to inform that he is marrying her only for his family's sake and not to expect anything from him. She just accepted the fact without any hesitation. The truth was that she was a little relived. She was relived that she doesn't have to keep the faade of a good wife at least before her hubby. She will never be able to give him anything. She lost everything to the one she loved, still love and will never stop loving. But did he know how much she loves him? Did he even know that she existed? No' Her thoughts slowly drifted off to her past.

Index

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Edited by --Dia-- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TanuDDian thumbnail
congrats 4r new ss
nice concept dear

continue soon...&add me in...
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome prologue
seems like geet is going to marry maan
but she had given her everything to someone else it might be dev
just a wild guess
creddy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Congrats for your new ff...looking forward to read this ff
---nishu--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice start
thanxxx for pm
alu5123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Very interesting beginning, thanks or the PM
--Dia-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Part 1

IIT, Delhi

Being a brilliant student it was a cake walk for Geet to get admission in IIT, Delhi that too to her dream course. It was a relief to her being away from her commanding father and brother. She could enjoy the freedom for four years and she can pursue her dreams.

She stepped into the campus and watched people around her. She did find it odd to find her alone in traditional wear, rest of the girls seemed quite modern. But the fact was that nobody paid any sort of attention to her. Either they were engrossed in their talks or books.

She went to the administrative office and got the details of her class and was coming out when she bumped into someone. She thought she will hit the floor any minute but found herself in someone's strong hold. Two strong hands held her waist. She slowly opened her eyes only to find the most handsome face she had ever seen.

Everything about him was perfect. But he seemed to be checking something else. He straightened her and took his books that had fallen down and left without giving her a chance to thank him or sparing a glance at her.

She thought it weird, she was expecting at least a comment on being so clumsy. She sighed and thought of her brother telling her a chalthi-firthi disaster. She sighed and left for her class collecting her things. But his face was still embedded in her thoughts.

She reached her class and found most of them had already become friends and were sitting with their respective partners. She searched through out and found a girl wearing spectacles sitting alone. She went near her and cleared her throat.

The girl was too engrossed in the book she was reading that she didn't notice Geet. She slowly asked, "Ehm.. Excuse me' Can I take the seat besides you?" The girl looked up hearing her. She smiled and told, "Of course you can." Geet smiled and sat beside her.

She introduced first, "Hi, My name is Meera. Meera Malhotra and you are?" Geet reciprocated the sweetness in her voice and told, "I am Geet Handa." Meera continued talking to her until the professor came for their very first lecture.

By that time both of them had become far more than just acquaintance and developed and instant liking to each other. Geet came to know that Meera is the daughter of one of the business tycoons in Delhi and her brother Ayan Malhotra is in his final semester in the same college. Geet also shared details about her family.

By lunch time, they both went together to college pantry. She saw the same guy sitting in a table along with another smart looking guy and she pondered over whether to thank him or not. Meanwhile Meera dragged her to that table and Geet followed silently in a daze.

Meera went and hugged the other guy while he looked up and gave a small smile to her and got back to what he was doing. Geet was watching them silently when Meera called her.

She introduced the guy she hugged as her brother and introduced Geet as her new friend. They exchanged pleasantries and not even once did he look up or greeted her. She thought how rude.

After talking a little Meera and Geet went to another table and Geet noticed them leaving. That is when she noticed that every girl in the cafeteria was eying only him and he gave a damn about anyone. Why not, he was extremely handsome and his well-built features were adding to his looks.

She was brought back from her thoughts when Meera started talking. She too joined her soon. After sometime Meera told, "Geet don't feel bad that Maan didn't pay attention. He is like that." Geet thought in mind, "Oh so he is Maan" and said, "Maan??"

Meera told, "Oh I didn't tell you. Bhai's friend. He is Maan Singh Khurana. Khurana empire ke soon-to-be malik. He talks very less. As they are our family friends he talks to me. Otherwise not even care to give a single glance back to a girl. He is the topper and has an attitude to kill."

Geet had heard the name Khurana in her father and brother's talks and so she could imagine how big their business empire may be. But maintained a calm face as if she is unaffected and told, "No worries Meera. I really don't care." But she really felt that at least a "hi" could have been fine.

Next: Part 2

Hi dearies, so was their first meeting.. Please leave your comments...
Edited by --Dia-- - 12 years ago
suba2011 thumbnail
very nice...continue...plzzz update next part as soon as possible
suba2011 thumbnail
so she not marrying maan is it😭😭
why do i feel she is getting married to Maan... all that i have gathered from your writing style both in this and the rain m pretty sure It is maan she is getting married to :)