First look at Ishwar Motilal Virani: looking back

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
was catching up on the old epis.. and this scene between IMV-PK.. the FIRST TIME IMV gives a peek into his pain and history... ahhh one feels it.. I was numb.. 

uss ek raat ke baad ishwar virani badal gaya,, usss raat ke baad roya nahi TERA ishwar.. 

its amazing how they show this exchange between PK- IMV.. coz PK instigates him.. and there are some things you can easily tell a friend and not others.. IMV even in his uber insulting manner.. still only bestows tht place to PK

Shiv Sir's baritone and tone changing with the bg music.. narrating the story in a theatrical fashion almost..

mera baap mangrol mein logon ko rokta raha dehej mangne par.. aur maine mangke liya.. us din se mera aur bapuji ka nazariya badal gaya humesha ke liye

amazing disclosure of the contrasting convictions.. one who holds on to the ideologies and principle forgoing everything.. and the other just using it.. to further a cause..  the thing is for once I cant stand by one and say.. I feel for this and not that.. Master stood up for his beliefs and is pained at IMVs change.. but IMV lived a horror that Master never dared to.. for sake of his own ideologies.. I wonder if that's why master never wanted Ishwar to leave home.. 

Sabko meri zid dikhayi deti hain.. sab bhool jaatey hain ki ye zid thi.. isliye maine kaach ki muthiya bhari..is liye maine thappad khayi.. par bhaag ke mangrol nahi gaya.. ye meri zid nahi.. ye mera ATMAGAURAV hain

exactly what I admire in him.. the passion.. the resilience.. the SELF-PRIDE.. the arrogance.. YES the arrogance.. the projection of it.. otherwise everyone wld just take  you for a ride.. oh what a MAN.. what a PROTAGONIST this..

Sabko dekhayi deta hain ki main paap karta hoon.. ye mera paap nahi ATMAGYAAN hain.. 

the self awareness that he gathered in the walks of life.. the immense tribulations that he stood resilient against.. just living the when in rome be a roman..๐Ÿ˜ƒ for self defense.. for protecting your loved ones..

the voice and the bg music reaches a crescendo and stops.. a moment of silence.. as IMV turns his face.. and suddenly his voice goes softer.. the music goes softer.. giving out his pathos.. his hurt.. for the first time.. 

Aur aaj baa ghar chor kar chali gayi.. usne ye sochen ki koshish nahi ki.. ki main jo hu woh kyun ho..

the sutble moisture in his eyes.. the heaviness in his voice.. translated in to me as I choked.. through this rememberance of his mother's hardships.. she may not have had any complaints from this way of life.. but as a son.. as a bonded human being in the small confines of Mangrol..HE DID...he wanted a better life for her.. the same mother.. 

Sad that this very mother.. only sees his arrogance.. his ahenkaar.. she may see his intent as futile but that doesnt change the fact that he did want to go to the big cities to embrace opportunities not just for himself.. but for his mother.. his family.. and the family he eventually made.. 

Aur woh baa ghar chor kar chali gayi.. usne ye nahi socha ki ISHWAR ko neend kaise ayegi..

At this point I was completely involved and invested in his pain.. he had never had any facade in front of Baa.. heck she knew everything about his past.. including CP.. he had apart from Chanda not given anyone else that right over him.. and that very mother.. overlooked consciously.. to take a stand for Sonal.. the lone tear that streaked the iron man here.. just melted my heart.. it represented the ABHIMAAN he had on Baa's actions.. he was hurt.. pained.. insulted.. his love was.. 

Ye ek rs ka sikka...

And finally the real reference for that famed one rs coin.. comes out.. what we saw in the intro as a testimony for IMVs passion.. his resilence.. his fervor to the success.. was in fact a charm.. a BLESSING he considered from his mother.. the money was invaluable as it was the prize of his monther's 7 months toiled income.. he cldnt for the life of him spend it.. 

How gently he puts it back.. holds it close to his heart.. sigh.. apart from CPs ear-ring tht we see later nothing else he has ever held so close to himself.. at this point I introspect if Manhar ever has that depth.. coz as per IMV he has lived a sheltered life.. he has no reasons for the multiplicity.. and what pains me more is Ishwar never for once utters a word of his real depth for Baa ever again.. to anyone else.. not even baa herself.. coz he doesnt believe in displaying his intimate sentiments.. 

And then the golden moment

Sabko lagta hain ki master ki biwi ghar chor kar chali gayi.. kisiko ye nahi lagta ki meri maa ghar chor ke chali gayi.. MERI maa

he turns and gives himself a moment.. and breaks down.. by his standards.. the tadi da tadi da re ooo bg music.. playing at the apt time.. letting out tht MOMENT OF ISHWAR.. IN IMV.. before the wall resurfaces.. just as PK extends a hand on his shoulder and he shrugs it away warning him to not try to breach.. as he gather himself to walk off in his elevator to his room.. to his solitude that he holds close.. to mourn in isolation this sense of loss.. that encompasses him.. to prepare for the battle but before that just a moment with himself.. 

OH WHAT A MOMENT.. WHAT A MAN.. WHAT A PROTAGONIST this.. 

it pains me to even think we may not get to see him for long.. or even worse that the end may not justify the man they have developed in this story.. but I will re-live all these moments.. to form my own story about what happens to IMV.. the way I envision it.. but till then let's enjoy this moment where we got a first peek into the REAL IMV-Ishwar..
Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Kools I once remember you talking about this scene in reference to something.. and I was thinking I wish I was in this forum back then to discuss it with you and the other dark lord lovers.. but well I am selfish to grab the opportunity when i CAN...so here goes.. vent away๐Ÿ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0umZwkJSfU[/YOUTUBE] Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thnxs to d makers of MB 4 gving us sucha fascinating char like IMV. I doubt tht der is any other char on Indian TV who'scomplexity has been so well potrayed.

Actually d vid Sonali u hv posted is in fact d core part of understanding IMV...how he became IMV frm Ishwar. My only grievance is dat d makers turned IMV frm a grey char into a negative char by making him go 2 d extent of giving orders for murdering ppl nd his attitude of ppl being 'wid him or against him.'
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for cheering me up sonali by posting my fav scene

Nothing can beat this scene in the entire serial .

if Manhar obeys his Maa , Ishvar can KILL for his Maa . He was the Sunil Dutt in Mother India ...the rebel son who loved his mother passionately and did so many wrong things in that passion .

Where did Ishvar go wrong ?

In hating BB ? No . Ishvar had a valid reason to hate BB . He saw the burning bonfire of CP's life before his eyes and suffered the news of her false death .

In building the empire ? No . the ruthlessness that his parents disapproved of was a must in the trade he chose . Even his rival ...Rising Group was equally ruthless . 

In disapproving of SAbina ? No . He was perfectly justified in not wanting Sabina as a bahu . She had made Vaibhav cough up more than was due to her in the first meeting only and Ishvar detected LOSS with her footsteps in his sons life . To top it she had a sordid past . Elder , another religion , a murky past , Ishvar felt his son , his prince cud do BETTER . Hence Ishvar protested .

In wanting Devki to work for Vaibhav group ? No .  Perfectly justified there too , wanting Devki to work by his side and exanding hisempre. In return hewas gonna give her equal glory and opprtunity . But for HIS group , not his rival groups .

So why was Ishvar called bad ? Everything that Ishvar foresaw  was RIGHT .  No one else foresaw things so sharply . Whatever he said was true .

Why was Ishvar bad then ? He was the bad guy who showed the REAL mirror , the LIAR who alone battled with the TRUTH of life . A paradox .

I ask u guys WHY he was bad when he was so accurate . Will answer tomorrow .

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Awww... Kools.. I am glad I cld lift your mood.. I am feeling miserable too.. and I knew you would too.. m too tired right now to respond.. will do tomorrow.. for sure๐Ÿ˜‰ Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: koolsadhu1000

Thanks for cheering me up sonali by posting my fav scene

Nothing can beat this scene in the entire serial .

if Manhar obeys his Maa , Ishvar can KILL for his Maa . He was the Sunil Dutt in Mother India ...the rebel son who loved his mother passionately and did so many wrong things in that passion . Ya Kools now dat u mention it, he so fits d rebel son of Mother India or d Vijay of Deewar too. I think der r many parallels of d son gone bad (ya dat's d word 4 me) in Indian cinema.

Where did Ishvar go wrong ?

In hating BB ? No . Ishvar had a valid reason to hate BB . He saw the burning bonfire of CP's life before his eyes and suffered the news of her false death .

In building the empire ? No . the ruthlessness that his parents disapproved of was a must in the trade he chose . Even his rival ...Rising Group was equally ruthless . 

In disapproving of SAbina ? No . He was perfectly justified in not wanting Sabina as a bahu . She had made Vaibhav cough up more than was due to her in the first meeting only and Ishvar detected LOSS with her footsteps in his sons life . To top it she had a sordid past . Elder , another religion , a murky past , Ishvar felt his son , his prince cud do BETTER . Hence Ishvar protested .

In wanting Devki to work for Vaibhav group ? No .  Perfectly justified there too , wanting Devki to work by his side and exanding hisempre. In return hewas gonna give her equal glory and opprtunity . But for HIS group , not his rival groups .

So why was Ishvar called bad ? Everything that Ishvar foresaw  was RIGHT .  No one else foresaw things so sharply . Whatever he said was true .

Why was Ishvar bad then ? He was the bad guy who showed the REAL mirror , the LIAR who alone battled with the TRUTH of life . A paradox .

I ask u guys WHY he was bad when he was so accurate . Will answer tomorrow .

Can understand IMV's hatred 4 BB, but can't condone his all consuming desire for revenge at d expense of his never gving a try 2 a better relationship wid his wife 4 sumthing dat he never had.

Can except his rightly rejecting S as his DIL, but can't reconcile 2 d fact tht he would go as far as murder 2 acheive dis.

Can applaud his wanting D 2 work for him, but can't except his jeopradising D's chances of success on her own.

Can admire his wanting to expand his business, but can't condone his taking extreme steps like getting sum1 killed.

U all r right whn u say dat IMV is not a villian or completely bad, as I wouldn't hv been so unaccepting if a completely villianous nd undeveloped char would hv been shown doing a spree of killings. But IMV is a more grey than black character, and by showing his these deeds makes him an evil character. 

Also whn only just 1 side of d story is told, then we empathize wid d person whose side the story is being told frm, ignoring d fact tht der r two sides of a coin. Unfortunately tht is how history is told too. One side u hv real ppl with faces nd their lives nd their feelings, whereas d other side r faceless ppl. I am glad dat at least in MB dey hv tried 2 show d other side, that is d bank manager's family and the repurcusiions dey hv 2 face with his death. So IMV's getting d bank mgr killed can be explained away wid his looking out 4 himself, but cannot justify d consequences dat others hv 2 face 4 his actions.

waizmapa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think in the same way as u do sonali... I wil surely go ahead and continue the story and will try to give full justice to a gr8 charecter like imv... Mb deserves a gr8 ending but what the channel has decided to do is the most unfair decision. If they had atleast 5% of love and gratitude for a gr8 show which aired on their channel they wouldnt have commited a henious act of mercilesly butchering the greatest show on indian television by giving it an abrupt ending and by playing with the emotions of the loyal viewers of mb who hav absorbed the essence of the show into their hearts and souls, who hav understood and symphathised with the pain and agony of imv, who love devki 4m the bottom of their hearts 4 her selflessnes and 4 the complete person she is, and the entire family of imv reciding in the beautiful vaibhav villa... Above all the pure love which blossomed between chardra and ishwar on which this whole saga of a gr8 man resides, a man who's caught in the shadows of his past, his lost love, the sufferings he went through which changed him as a person 4ever... Then devki was tauted as the 1 who would relive imv of this bandhan with which he has been living with all these years and would lead him towards the path of mukti filled with forgivness 4 all his misdeeds commited in the blindness of his ego... An ego born out of his unsuccessful luv life and hardships faced in life...
V mbians can go on writing pages abt r beloved show but who cares about r feeling? No one... the channel is busy launching new shows and ending old ones abruptly and juggling time slots and rest of the world is busy in their own work and r moving moving ahead but 4 me the time has stopped moving since the time i heard the sudden news of mb ending and my mind is just not able to think ahead of mb... I m watching the old episodes and also thinkin abt the injustice done with mb. But v just cant help and now i would like 2 conclude by saying that the show might be going of air on the channel and 4 the rest of the world but mukti bandhan has surely made a permanent place in our hearts and wil remain on air forever in our hearts and souls!Edited by waizmapa - 12 years ago
sonali.19281 thumbnail
@Kools and Munira... it feels good to see you guys posting with your contrasting views.. but somehow I feel conveniently numb.. my brain has like frozen.. the passion I had to discuss perspectives has tajen a beating.. I am trying to gather the resilience to soar and continue.. I will be doing the daily updates for sure.. but its just hard for me to retrospect ๐Ÿ˜†right now.. but Munira.. If I could say one thing.. You nailed it.. by saying. .that the winning point for IMV is that one is fascinated.. intrigued.. attached and involved in his story.. albeit his grey mind and dark methods.. one just can't overlook the complexity..and the beauty by which its presented.. I for one havent seen such a complex and beautiful character on tv in recent times.. or heck in the longest time.. ever since satellite tv emanated.. then again I havent watched tht many shows.. but when my mom says the same.. i know she has her facts right๐Ÿ˜† I couldnt tell her the show was ending.. as they are travelling to be with family and friends on the occasion of durga puja.. I didnt wanna mar her festive mood with this news.. I'll wait for her to return n see no MB epis and brk it to her

As I was listening to mahalaya on the net yest.. As the ya devi sarvabhute shu chanted away... i cldnt help feel the irony.. of how much human beings feel the need to always hear and see the good triumph over evil stories time and again.. when in reality we can't ever get to practice it.. or see it happen.. MBs abrupt end is a testimony of the harsh reality.. a bitter pill we have to gulp in daily life 
sonali.19281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: waizmapa

I think in the same way as u do sonali... I wil surely go ahead and continue the story and will try to give full justice to a gr8 charecter like imv... Mb deserves a gr8 ending but what the channel has decided to do is the most unfair decision. If they had atleast 5% of love and gratitude for a gr8 show which aired on their channel they wouldnt have commited a henious act of mercilesly butchering the greatest show on indian television by giving it an abrupt ending and by playing with the emotions of the loyal viewers of mb who hav absorbed the essence of the show into their hearts and souls, who hav understood and symphathised with the pain and agony of imv, who love devki 4m the bottom of their hearts 4 her selflessnes and 4 the complete person she is, and the entire family of imv reciding in the beautiful vaibhav villa... Above all the pure love which blossomed between chardra and ishwar on which this whole saga of a gr8 man resides, a man who's caught in the shadows of his past, his lost love, the sufferings he went through which changed him as a person 4ever... Then devki was tauted as the 1 who would relive imv of this bandhan with which he has been living with all these years and would lead him towards the path of mukti filled with forgivness 4 all his misdeeds commited in the blindness of his ego... An ego born out of his unsuccessful luv life and hardships faced in life...
V mbians can go on writing pages abt r beloved show but who cares about r feeling? No one... the channel is busy launching new shows and ending old ones abruptly and juggling time slots and rest of the world is busy in their own work and r moving moving ahead but 4 me the time has stopped moving since the time i heard the sudden news of mb ending and my mind is just not able to think ahead of mb... I m watching the old episodes and also thinkin abt the injustice done with mb. But v just cant help and now i would like 2 conclude by saying that the show might be going of air on the channel and 4 the rest of the world but mukti bandhan has surely made a permanent place in our hearts and wil remain on air forever in our hearts and souls!

Well I dont even know if I care about anyone caring about my feelings either..๐Ÿ˜† yes daily life is moving on.. nothing is really different at work.. its just this weird empty feeling.. that I live with in the evenings.. with no one to share it with.. not even sure I can share it with anyone if I had an audience.its personal.. and its strange but the few MBians we have here.. are dealing it with in a personal basis too.. they have stopped coming and posting here.. not knowing how to deal with it.. and what to write.. 

Another strange thing.. the shows that take loose or close inspirations from work of foreign authors and shows.. whether its overused Pride and Prejudice or an Ugly betty (from some spanish original) or Twilight works.. the used umpteen times romance concepts with new faces are sure to work.. but this was a show that after a long time thought of adapting an Indian author in fact a regional book that only reached the people speaking that language.. and for once HMs story made it across that language barrier.. how many of the shows actually take inspiration from the Indian authors.. its not like they dont have a good body of work.. heck they are classics.. its just that either they know it wont work out in the age of consumerism aka too deep for general viewers or the makers/ writers are just not well read to have come across something like tht.. and for once there was this team with stalwards.. in each sphere.. theater actors.. technical whizards who were at the top of their work... and we got an amazing product in terms of quality.. and see what happens.. the most insulting treatment ever.. 

well I wrote to Viral Shah and let him know the team has a ardent lovers in some of us here and gave him the link of the forum in case they ever took a look to see how they affected us.. and what the show really is and meant to few of us.. thats the least we can do for them.. tell them they are the BEST.. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and their effort will live  with us far longer.. coz they gave us something we have and will cherish.. 
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sonali it does not have to end this way . We can come to the forum and discuss or switch to another show . My evenings too r empty , I vent in my outlet that is a serial ...for me its a MUST . Head cannot bear serious responsibility all the time .  Its very good that u wrote to Viral Shah . Heathcliff was what made Wuthering Heights . Not Cathy , not Edward . I salute Bronte for sitting at her window and looking out of that vicarage and creating that character in a day when women cud not even WRITE without using a male pen name .  How well she understood the mind of a man and a complex man at that ! I get jolted when I even try to think how she did that , simply sitting at that window . Her father and brother were extremely dominating , complex men , and Heathcliff is suspected to have been drawn out of bits and pieces from Patrick [ Her brother] who was an alcoholic .

Anyone modelled on Heathcliff will be a hit . The TRP race has destroyed ALL quality in entertainment industry , we r getting typified and cliched . There r no quality serials anymore . I dont think we will have them for a long time to come .Then something will happen and break this rut too . Dunno when .

Munira , he went wrong in trying to take a human life ...bank manager and burning of Sabina . Thats where CVS did not understand how to handle his grey shade . They shud have stopped at blackmail only . He shud have been shown like a master player moving the pawns on his chess board till the end . His realisation shud have been through being baffled by encountering unsullied innocence ...Devki . NOT by punishment , NOT by meeting an equal . Nothing could transform Heathcliff except himself .  He met his end pondering on his actions , realising that everything had been empty , even his revenge agenda . Only his love for Cathy had been true . It was at that point that he lost interest in revenge .