Extentions, Sequels and Time Slot change

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Just walked around on other television related news and got to know something

Colors: Humari Saas Leela is getting an afternoon time slot as there was lot of differences  with the storyline and also the actors were not getting along and all the built up stories and to give way to rajan Shahi's new show Havaan on colors.Hmm interesting ...so changes in full swing
The above getting a time slot change

Sony: Krishanben Kharawala not doing so well with TRP's  and it was suppose to end on September 29th and giving way to Rajan Shahi's Kuch tho Log Kahengay, but the latest buzz is the channel is planning to retain the show but where donno since all teh news incline that RS's new show will air on October 3rd
Hmm show  with low TRP's  still the channel wishes to retain it

Mainly coz SONY has shortage of Fiction shows and may be they will give the show a different time slot  and  it MAY pick up with TRP's

Starplus : My not so favorite channel after what it did to Bidaaii
Heard that Dor is going off air the show has failed to gather TRP's , and so there will be some happy ending and giving way to the new show "Ek Hazaron Mai Meri Behena hai ", Great
Good luck to shows on straplus, donno if teh hsow was listed for teh shows of 2011 lost count of the shows listed for this year 😕, and the other news is the production house is considering sequel of Dor and this is what the news add to it
Hence the production house has decided to come up with its second season. So the show will now go off air with some loose ends.

So show with low TRP's is ready for a sequel which may come back as soon as tomorrow
All the above  was gathered from tellychakkar , the articles can be viewed there as it can't be posted on IF..

Well all I can say  that ending Bidaaii  on a high TRP was unreasonable, The post leap  faired extremely well, lots of depth in terms of relationship and the focus with the concept  Bidaaii Sapna babul Ka... the show  had a climax and left a lot of loose ends,  it is very much reasonable to have it as a continuation from whjere it left of as the show holds a new generation a new foundation for a story involving Father daughter and also the two sisters Tammana and Khushi

Starplus as a channel and Directors Kut as a Production House took a risk with the leap  and was fruitful, but the  unreasonable part is a show still doing well and consistant on the charts ended at a high note , when TRP's is the rule for a show on a channel, Promise was made to come with a sequel, which has already laid the foundation, when you hear another prod house  on teh same channel also taking abt the same well the way bidaaii ended with a climax and open end they defiantly need to come back with the continuation,I hope they keep their word, otherwise ending Bidaaii was unreasonable and the shows to follow  post Bidaaii have shown that the slot  lead was not giving the desired growth...

Share your thoughts..

Note: I am not saying anything  against any show , just reasoning out  the fate of Bidaaii after  these  months of going off air and seeing the tread of the channel who  follow some strategies.

Edited by shanti05 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@shanti..thanks for sharing..

competition is the word and every channel doing its best to be in the race..

all these shifting..axing..sequels of shows which has not garnered good trp make you think wat PH /channel  will  not do for their business oblivious that its viewers who has a say in it..

same like bidaai leap which was doing great but got off air..SP thought let viewers we have to do it for our ego and risk management.. .a promise of a return and thats why they kept an open climax of the show..

SP do they have a specific time to launch back bidaai..its only the channel and PH  who knows it..

we have to just watch the competition and wait for the show that needs to be back for a continuation..B2..
shanti05 thumbnail
Saveeta very true what you said, more than that I was again looking at the shows for starplus for this year  now 3 months left  heard Dor is getting replaced by "Ek Hazaron mai Merio Behena hai "

But this is the line up of shows

Shows on Star Plus:

'    Wife Bina Life, a novel reality show that will depict the atmosphere inside the house when the lady and homemaker of the house is not present.
'    Nach Baliye 5 has to be back to entice the audience.
'    Aap Ki Kachehri with Kiran Bedi will be back with a Season 3.
'    The huge success of Master Chef 1 prompts the channel to be back with a Season 2 soon.
   Dance Olympics, a dance reality show produced by SOL is in the making.
'    'Navya', a youth based show produced jointly by Swastik Pictures and Vivek Bahl, Executive Creative Director, Star India.
   Dor, produced by UTV which is the remake of the Tamil serial Kolangal.
'    Diya Batti, produced by Sumeet Mittal and Shashi Mittal.
'    Koyal Boli, produced by J.D. Majethia and Aatish Kapadia's Hats Off Productions.
'    An untitled show on the lines of Jab We Met, to be produced by Shreya Creations.
'    An untitled youth based show to be produced by Endemol and 4 Lions Films.
'    An untitled Cinevistaas show with a musical backdrop.
'    Maharana Pratap, to be produced by Contiloe Telefilms.
'    Comedy weekend show by Neela Telefilms
'    Thriller weekend show produced by Filmfarm India.
'    Paraya Ghar, produced by V.G. Productions
'    Anchal, produced by V.G. Productions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The shows on Sony will look like this..

'    Maa Exchange, based on Wife Swap.
'    An untitled show, to be produced by Endemol.
'    A new season of Kaun Banega Crorepati
'    Bhagya, produced by YRF
'    Khote Sikkey, produced by YRF
'    X-Factor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ones in red are the shows which are ongoing or completed..

If you look at the line up of Starplus  I wonder which other shows will fit in ..
So if Dor  is planning for a sequel may be they will push it in , but with Bidaaii Starplus will be as unreasonable as it wants

See RS's show for SONY was nt listed for this year yet its got its  plate on .,..

So  there can be anything happening, but  the  unreasonable way Bidaaii was stopped makes quite disappointing for a viewer who would love to see  more of beautiful relastionship and growth for the show.

Taking into consideration they wanted a break,  my hope is it see it back with continuation, Its the chanel to  decide and set aside  sows which flood the channel and people still stick to watching long running shows and enjoy that ..

If Bidaaii comes back later  the freshness with the leap would defiantly give a new facet to it I hope since  it has laid the foundation for a sequel
Edited by shanti05 - 12 years ago
shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@shanti..many of these shows are already on air and off air too..

wife bina..dor going next..the dance show  now its hrithik one ..just dance.

others may be shelved as its new title ones getting in the line up..

ths list i think was not a permanent one as so many changes happenning in this TV industry day by day..

one more thing to take into consideration no guarantee that the new launched shows will have a long run as nowadays we have seen shows getting off air in the laspe of time of 3-6-9 months..thats why i feel so many back up shows in the listing..

as you say anything can happen and guess one day out of the blue we get the much needed show back..bidaai on SP..
Edited by saveeta24 - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Yes Saveeta, I think many shows which have also been listed for starplus may not fall in plate this year,

ANd with the starone revamp it may fill in there or  may take  its time to come

Starplus has its own traits it follows and will keep doing that now , if shows with low TRP's  get promises to come with a sequel I would be quite dissapointed if fair treatment is not done for Bidaaii

I hope SP  and PH realize this and remember the talks which were done when the shows season ended.
anizor thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing shanti, i dont understand sp,show with low trp gets cancelled & comes back with season 2, what about bidaii, closed with highest trps,good story line left,audience waiting for continuation,would give excellent trps.we can only hope that sp bring back bidaii.
shanti05 thumbnail
I tell you Rozy , really when I see these things happeining I am like feeling so dissapointing for the efforts the team put for the show  the leap which  gave a different dimension to the show, those sweet kids who were just a delight to watch, teh screenplay was well executed with  the way they showed Anmol getting  great focus and there is so much to understand in a relationship,
Parul as Ragini  gave a more bolder uplift to her character, and Apurva was a cream to watch

Starplus have learnt their lesson with the post Bidaaii fiasco no doubt , but they are adamant in bringing  new shows  while the old ones are the eye catcher,

Lets see what they plan with flooding the channel with shows.. Bidaaii is their call to return so when no option is left they will knock at that door , before that if teh mood swing happens they will push it aside and forget 

Reading such articles truly feels unreasonable for Bidaaii, hope they consider its sequel before any other show  is decided with the weapon that it ended at No1 with a decent TRP and the promise to return

Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you for sharing i hope they bring bidaai back now we have some high hopes with them i also think it pave a way for bidaai maybe i hope it comes back inshallah ameen once again thanks
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ragvir.fan

hoping bidaai come soon

i hope for the same fingers crossed inshallah ameen

crazysandhir thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i hpe bidaai come back soon with my kinrul ðŸ˜³