a little faith thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Leaving aside the adorableness of this moment which was enchanting as it was endearing, for me it illuminated aspects of Khushi's character emphasizing why this characterization, all credit to Sanaya and the writers is so different to that group of bindaas ladies that she has been unfairly and ignorantly grouped into. 

The writers through their diligent detailing of all those relationships in Khushi's life, from her sister, her mother and even Arnav's sister, have given her characterization a completeness that makes it wholesome. 

So that as Arnav provokes, prods and pokes at her, igniting, infuriating and inciting indignation, setting ablaze her soul which begins to scorch her heart, her hand grips tightly onto her duppatta.  A cursory glance would maybe lead to associate her act to fists clenched in a retaliatory manner BUT for me this is NOT what this scene or act depicts.

It was the physical manifestation of that spiritual struggle Khushi felt deep within her soul, that sting burning her bones through to the electricity of the goosebumps on her skin.  It is that haya that her heart garnered by the principle bestowed on her by those who nurtured her into this enchanting girl before us.  She grasps for support as 
that need of hers to voice injustice fights against that pull of respectfulness, that bashfulness at intimacy FOR in truth anger is intimate for it requires a closeness, a nearness to the other.

Her soul struggles to hold onto life long ideals and morals, as her mind protests that she can not say such familiar words to the stranger before her so that her heart is almost ripped apart.  Then that moment all these powerful movements finally crash and ...

AAP! SHUT UP!

Echoing that conflict within her.  The respectful nature of aap contrasting that need to startle him back to reason through extremes.  It was beautiful!  As I said all credit to the writers and Sanaya.

With much love, Sabah

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pearlo thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail + 3
Very well said indeed Sabah...i also loved the fact that though she did muster the courage n retaliate with a "SHUT-UP" her values for her to prefix it with an "AAP"...how sweet...n brilliant on CV's part...👏
aa123.80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Great seeing a post by you Sabah! Really well said! I don't have anything to add.
The whole scene, Khushi's determination not to back down, even while every word he said was breaking her down from inside, and then followed by Aap Shut up was the perfect reply. Also, he attacked her "aukat" and then when he goes Shut up, she replies in his language.
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sabah a very rare post from you as a topic maker. Wonderful analysis of Kushi's feelings and character.

Her soul struggles to hold onto life long ideals and morals, as her mind protests that she can not say such familiar words to the stranger before her so that her heart is almost ripped apart.  Then that moment all these powerful movements finally crash and ...

This sums up Kushi's core. She is brought up in manner where conformity and decorum to norms and practice are etched in her heart and mind. To say something rude is not in her nature. She is fighting a dilemma of her own. Her mind protests but her heart cant say it. This paradox of her nature, which gets manifested especially around Arnav is what the CVs have done beautifully. Kudos to those writers and Sanaya for bringing out exactly this anomaly , the contradiction of her own feelings.
Luvser thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
" all credit to Sanaya and the writers "

The scene was done beautifully👏!! There was a hesitation on  Khushi's part when she uttered those words, "Aap! Shut Up!"!!..and Sanaya did it perfectly👍🏼!! Thanks for the wonderful post😊!!
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Beautiful post Sabah, couldn't have said it better! :) 

I Love Khushi's character for these small detailings, she is not the typical Loud bubbly girl portrayed on TV, this girl actually has a lot of depth in her character and i agree, Sanaya n the writers, really hats off to them.

When she said it, it was funny in a very adorable way, i chuckled heartily, i mean i was just repeating it in my head over and over again. Aap! Shut Up.

My favourite lines in your post-

The writers through their diligent detailing of all those relationships in Khushi's life, from her sister, her mother and even Arnav's sister, have given her characterization a completeness that makes it wholesome.  

It is that haya that her heart garnered by the principle bestowed on her by those who nurtured her into this enchanting girl before us.

Her soul struggles to hold onto life long ideals and morals, as her mind protests that she can not say such familiar words to the stranger before her so that her heart is almost ripped apart. 

The respectful nature of aap contrasting that need to startle him back to reason through extremes.
ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Well written Sabah !!👏 

You hit the jackpot:
The writers through their diligent detailing of all those relationships in Khushi's life, from her sister, her mother and even Arnav's sister, have given her characterization a completeness that makes it wholesome

This is indeed true. Her relationships,actions and even her character are shown in such a way that it looks wholesome. 'Aap shutup' was a masterstroke. Arnav needed to be shocked to see that this girl can answer him back. She's not there just to listen to his blabbering. A beautiful portrayal by Sanaya! I must say she is a brilliant actress.
a little faith thumbnail

Originally posted by: pearlo

Very well said indeed Sabah...i also loved the fact that though she did muster the courage n retaliate with a "SHUT-UP" her values for her to prefix it with an "AAP"...how sweet...n brilliant on CV's part...👏

Agreed, I am glad I wasn't the only one who appreciate these small details that are substantial in their significance. 

With love, Sabah
a little faith thumbnail

Originally posted by: aa123.80

Great seeing a post by you Sabah! Really well said! I don't have anything to add.
The whole scene, Khushi's determination not to back down, even while every word he said was breaking her down from inside, and then followed by Aap Shut up was the perfect reply. Also, he attacked her "aukat" and then when he goes Shut up, she replies in his language.

Ishita,

she replies in his language.  I didn't think of this aspect, that is so true. I loved this angle.  Dil se thanks for enlightening me and illuminating this niche within a nuance that is this wonderful moment. 

With love, Sabah
a little faith thumbnail

Originally posted by: maris08

Sabah a very rare post from you as a topic maker. Wonderful analysis of Kushi's feelings and character.

This sums up Kushi's core. She is brought up in manner where conformity and decorum to norms and practice are etched in her heart and mind. To say something rude is not in her nature. She is fighting a dilemma of her own. Her mind protests but her heart cant say it. This paradox of her nature, which gets manifested especially around Arnav is what the CVs have done beautifully. Kudos to those writers and Sanaya for bringing out exactly this anomaly , the contradiction of her own feelings.

I want to post more BUT I am so behind in episodes that by the time I watch my commentary is old news.  I only watched this recently because a friend told me about it.

This paradox of her nature, which gets manifested especially around Arnav is what the CVs have done beautifully.

I loved this line of thought. Wonderful.  I agree with you, I love the manner they illuminate her character through the catalyst that is Arnav.  It is high level of writing indeed, for they subtly contrast and compliment rather than making grand statements.  It is more so wondrous here because as you say, it is a paradox, the contrast is contained within itself and yet still conflicts against his character too.  Beautifully done.

With love, Sabah