Xplicit_Desii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Paisa Bhari Padega
This is Sony's new reality show where television actors will have to literally battle it out to win a huge booty. There will be actors like Rucha Gujrati, Narayani Shastri, Tassnim Sheikh and Nausheen Ali Sardar who will compete under the 'Bahu' category and Gaurav Chopra, Sameer Kochchar and Bhairavi Raichura, among others, in the 'Fit and Healthy' category. Shot completely in the natural surroundings of Hrishikesh, Paisa Bhari Padega will have these celebs battling out in adventure sports like water rafting, trekking, cycling and even a treasure hunt.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

This is an adventure reality show with a difference. This one is definitely not for the soft hearted. Sony will, for the first time bring an action adventure based reality show on Indian television that will air sometime between October-November this year.
The show, produced by FBC Media Pvt. Ltd, who produced the immensely successful Lakme Fashion House on Star One, will feature a host of celebs from tellydom. This seems to be a positive move away from the run of the mill dance-song reality shows that has taken television by storm.

This show will be shot in Hrishikesh in Uttar Pradesh, and will involve water rafting, trekking, cycling and a treasure hunt. The prize money too seems to be sky high with the minimum amount being two lakhs.

Paisa..has different categories according to the profile of the actors involved. For example, there is a category called the 'Bahus on Indian television' that will see the likes of Narayani Shastri, Rucha Gujarati, Tasneem Sheikh and Nausheen Ali Sardar and another called 'Fit and Healthy' that will comprise of Gaurav Chopra, Sameer Kochar, Payal Rohatagi, Bhairavi Goswami and Aly Khan.

The surprising aspect of the show is that these actors are in the dark about the adventures that they will be made to take on. Most of them are in it because they feel that it is a nice change from the regular stuff that they are doing and since it is not taking up too much of their time, they are treating it as a welcome break.

"I am sure its going to be fun. And since at the moment I am holidaying with my family in Kulu Manali and Simla, Hrishikesh is a good place to shoot," says Nausheen, who is expecting a lot of running and trekking in the show.

It's still not clear if the show is a celebrity driven show or will eventually open for the masses at a later stage. While the exact format on which the show is based is still unknown, there is a distinct similarity to the AXN show, Survivor. All in all the show seems to be a promising one and an opportunity for the actors to reveal their fitness levels.

"I think I am fit enough, but since I don't know what I will be made to do…I can't say if I am ready!" laughs Tasneem, who is leaving the city with the other girls on 11 September and coming back in two days time. Rucha however is not bothered about her fitness regime, she just wants to have some fun. "I know I won't be too good, but it is different from what I usually do and I am just looking forward to having a good time with the others," points out the petite lady.

Gaurav Chopra and the others on the other hand, are leaving for their destination on 12 September, and they to will be back in two days. "It's going to be very exciting and I've always enjoyed doing stuff like this. This will be a great test of endurance," says a visibly excited Gaurav.

When contacted, executive vice president and business head, Sony, Tarun Katial confirmed that the channel was doing the show. "Yes, we are doing the show. But it's a little early to talk about it," is all he is ready to divulge.

By ANANYA SENGUPTA Posted on 27 June 2005
7:30 pm
-Pooja- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
well i hope there are not only sony stars competing 😕
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
k..thanks...but if it's gonna start in october...why did we open a forum right now..oh well..hope it lasts till then..
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
k..thanks...but if it's gonna start in october...why did we open a forum right now..oh well..hope it lasts till then..
Sukriti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
it seems to be a cool and interesting show..thanx!
Pachu.P thumbnail
Oh wow! Sounds Fun!!

Thnx!!
Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: umi82990

The artcile was published in 2005 so october this year means oct 2005 not 06