Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Shubhangi Atre: I see spiritual manifestation in the beauty of nature

Actress Shubhangi Atre Poorey shares her fitness and spiritual mantra's

As told to Purnima Goswami Sharma

Posted On Thursday, August 18, 2011   

Body
Fitness '
"Fitness is a combination of mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing. If one exercises regularly it reflects in their glowing skin and calm nature.

I am a trained kathak dancer and kathak has helped me in my overall fitness. I have been practicing kathak since the last 15 years and it improves ones stamina, grace and flexibility along with toning one's body. Besides dancing I do cardio exercises at home. I have a small gym, so I walk on the treadmill and cycle. I practice yoga regularly, which is good for ones mental strength. I exercise for an hour almost six days a week.

Diet ' I start my day with lukewarm water, honey and lemon. After that I have ginger tea and for breakfast usually mixed sprouts and buttermilk with fresh mint leaves. Lunch is dal, sabzi and roti. In the evening I have some fruits, coconut water, bhel or chaat. For dinner I have mixed vegetable soup, khicdi or porridge (dalia) with lots of vegetables.

Mind
I meditate daily and along with yoga it helps me de-stress. Yoga decreases muscular tension and helps me remain calm and relaxed. Shopping is also fun and therapeutic. I love cooking and spending time with my daughter.

Spirit
I pray everyday and also light a diya at home. I love to decorate my temple with flowers and incense sticks. I see spiritual manifestation in the beauty of nature. Spirituality is the morning dew under the glistening of a rising sun, listening to the voice of spirits through the voice of the wind. I find God in many things like the acts of kindness, the rising sun and sunset, chirping of the birds and so on. I chant the Hanuman Chalisa and Mahamritunjaya Jap regularly. Before commencing anything I seek the blessings of Lord Ganesha and visit the Siddhivinayak temple.

My motto is to lead an honest life and never compromise on ones principles."Edited by cintu - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gunjan. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
gr8 article !! thanx for sharing :)